• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
did people really expect there are going to be two fully unique campaigns?
that's not going to happen, of course there will be some overlaps between the claire and the leon campaign. i think the big difference between the two is going to be adas playable part in the leon campaign and sherry for the claire scenario.
We expected the campaigns wouldn't clash and would both be canon, we figured that was the entire point of just having a single campaign for each character. We'll know soon, here's hoping.

Atrarock

Oct 27, 2017
Any reason that anyone is hoping for what was previously a hoax (akuma) to be a thing and being disappointed that he isn't in?

Alright, here goes.

These were found by ZombieAli of the Resident Evil Modding forums and discord. Credit is entirely to them.

They found Claire audio of her encountering the same situation with Elliot and Marvin. They also found the security cam footage of the outside gate, but instead of Claire, it's Leon in his civilian clothes.

The Audio:

The picture:

peQywId.jpg

That kind of looks like his RE6 outfit

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
i don't really get that to be honest, why would leon be in civilian clothes?
During the debut trailer we see him walking to the RPD in civilian clothes. After he is saved by Marvin in the demo he is seen adjusting his uniform, including turning on his radio before approaching Marvin and telling him that he was ready, suggesting that him being in his RPD uniform was for demo purposes and Marvin actually gives him his uniform after meeting him.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Yet it looks like they're still going for "scenarios" instead of canon between the two campaigns then, because I can't imagine Leon ever wearing Civilian clothes during the outbreak otherwise.
Leon will be in in civilian clothes until he meets marvin in the final game. In the demo when the 2nd cutscene fades to black and picks back up you can see Leon animating as if he's just put on his uniform for the first time, he reaches the RPD in a leather jacket.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Leon will be in in civilian clothes until he meets marvin in the final game. In the demo when the 2nd cutscene fades to black and picks back up you can see Leon animating as if he's just put on his uniform for the first time, he reaches the RPD in a leather jacket.
I did pick up on some merging of the canon for that demo. Some of the in-game lines of dialogue definitely shouldn't be introduced this far into the game when there's the city-opening too.

That's cool to hear then.

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I found how to spawn weapons in your inventory. The icons show up but the only ones with models are the handgun and shotgun.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
....ugh. I was hoping their campaigns would be more unique. Considering they share the same play mechanics.
I think this is false.
86ajarbj8vb01.jpg

Look at how much turned out correct in this leak, and yet they're describing it as two campaigns that are both canon, so there might be repeat bosses but Leon would fight William Birkin very closely to Claire's encounter.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, here goes.

These were found by ZombieAli of the Resident Evil Modding forums and discord. Credit is entirely to them.

They found Claire audio of her encountering the same situation with Elliot and Marvin. They also found the security cam footage of the outside gate, but instead of Claire, it's Leon in his civilian clothes.

The Audio:

The picture:

peQywId.jpg

These, plus us seeing Leon fighting form 1 Birkin in the same area as Claire from a little while ago, means Capcom either lied and we actually do have A/B scenarios... or that Leon and Claire have single scenarios which are not fully unique and canon.

EDIT: A third option is this could be scraps of development as well.

I don't know if it's a great thing or a bad thing. But if both campaigns are fleshed out and you just switch the characters around, then it's fine

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Any chance of a guide or CE table? I've been messing around with HxD and CE and I just can't figure out how to find Inventory slots

Sure, i added them here
http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/post/96561/thread

The best way to find a particular inventory slot is to turn on Inf ammo in the trainer, search for 999, turn off Inf ammo and reload your gun, then search for 60. You'll always only ever find 1 address. Moving the handgun from the item box to your identified slot will populate it with the correct values for weapons.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I think this is false.
86ajarbj8vb01.jpg

Look at how much turned out correct in this leak, and yet they're describing it as two campaigns that are both canon, so there might be repeat bosses but Leon would fight William Birkin very closely to Claire's encounter.

It got a lot right but a lot wrong too, although the post being old might explain things. Anyway, it says R3make is being developed, so that's cool.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I think this is false.
86ajarbj8vb01.jpg

A lot of that is wrong and almost everything that is right you could easily guess without being an "insider".

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
A lot of that is wrong and almost everything that is right you could easily guess without being an "insider".
What exactly is wrong? What is the source for that? From what I'm reading here a lot of these predictions turned out to be dead accurate to what was shown at E3 and revealed later, like Hunk and Tofu being planned as well (but back then it wasn't decided if it would be DLC or not)

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What exactly is wrong? What is the source for that? From what I'm reading here a lot of these predictions turned out to be dead accurate to what was shown at E3 and revealed later, like Hunk and Tofu being planned as well (but back then it wasn't decided if it would be DLC or not)

The female licker and Ada being able to punch zombies RE4 style, not sure about Sherry. Also the Alligator part? I'm not sure.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Going through it in order:

Leno doesn't have the same background story, they changed it which is why some fans are upset.
Kendo isn't early in the game.
The "whole" locations aren't redesigned. A lot, if not most, are true to the original.
Pretty sure CAPCOM have said they have no new enemies.
Claire doesn't really look like OG RE2 Claire
Not sure what he meant by "different variation" in relation to zombies. All zombies are pretty much the exact same enemy type.
No female licker has been revealed let alone one that you continually meet.
Both Claire and Leno will face Mr X, not Claire facing the female licker.
Cutscenes are not real time, they're pre-rendered. At least from what I understand of the terms.
I've seen nothing that's revealed Ada as being able to kick to stun.
Alligator is in the game, he hasn't been replaced with a Bio weapon.
From what we've seen the Alligator is still met in sewer so I'm not sure how that's different to RE2 like he stated or a surprise.
Hunk and Tofu are in the base game, not DLC.
Game was never planned for holiday 2018.
RE3 is not going to release in holiday 2019.

Honestly the only things he got "right" were:
That it's OTS.
That they have different voice actors.
No Crimson heads.
No A/B
Ink Ribbons being difficulty linked

And again, those aren't exactly sticking your neck out guesses.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Honestly a lot of it could change january 2018 when it was posted and E3. Particularly Capcom not having decided on Hunk and Tofu at the time and RE3 could easily be developed by a seperate division where they leapfrog each other with mechanics and assets which is surprisingly common in development studios.

Claire's look is subjective. She surely looks younger than the recent Revelations 2 and they probably thought it looked similar despite changing her clothes. Cutscenes are DEFINITELY real-time, I dunno what you saw or heard. We all played the demo and that was not pre-rendered whatsoever. "Whole locations" is an excitable exaggeration and they are clearly changing locations significantly with the new stairwell in the main hall, all new areas like The Orphanage which has been announced and lots of surprises to people familiar with the original just in the demo area.

Frankly, that post being posted before there was any real information since the "We do it" reveal gets too many things right or closely resembling what we're seeing now, which might've shifted direction in the 6 month between his statement and E3 and since. I totally believe what he described in January 2018 was what they were seeing and estimating at the time.
Nothing about the spiders?
Aw, they're probably silently cut, but I would be stoked if they're there.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modders found the Brad poster. Spoiler tagging the image for those that don't want to see it:

image0.jpg

20190113012921_1.jpg

Apparently if you move the camera below the main RPD door into the walkway where Brad was in the original, you'll find a door that leads to a safe room that has the poster on the wall.

sisslethecat

Dec 5, 2018
Modern found the Brad poster. Spoiler tagging the image for those that don't want to see it:

image0.jpg

Apparently if you move the camera below the main RPD door into the walkway where Brad was in the original, you'll find a door that leads to a safe room that has the poster on the wall.
That'd be cute way to explain why that zombie was special after you've killed it.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope that after you kill him you can investigate the body and Leon/Claire will note something about his wounds looking abnormal... I just need some RE3 nods.

I'm thinking that them putting a save room right next to where Brad might be is a sign he might be really tough as a nod to him being stronger because of him being killed by Nemesis.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Are you sure about this? All the ones we've seen so far seem to be real-time, and the filesize of the game would suggest there's not much pre-rendered scenes.
Yeah my bad, had this stupid idea in my head that the cutscenes actually hard-cut/faded in and out. Think it might have been because I skipped one. But yeah they're real time.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah my bad, had this stupid idea in my head that the cutscenes actually hard-cut/faded in and out. Think it might have been because I skipped one. But yeah they're real time.

The costume changes have a hard cut in the middle of the cutscene, there's another time it happens in the extended press demo. Whether that's to assist loading a new model or indicate passing of time I don't know.