• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
There will be open full game spoilers from here on out. Last chance to bail. Spoilerphobes complaining about why other people choose to get as much information pre-release not welcome.

Anyone can do this by opening up the Steam demo's EXE in a HEX editor. It seems every single registered variable is listed there.

Modes

Leon A
Claire B
Claire A
Leon B
Ada the Spy <- could just be the sections you control her in Leon's game
4th Surviver [sic]
Tofu Surviver

There's also numerous references to a mode called "Rogue", with variables about enemy kills, results screens, and a shop, but it might just be RE.net's stat tracker.

There is a list of "map areas"

Mes_Sys_MapArea_Police
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Police_1F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Police_2F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Police_3F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Police_4F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Police_B1F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_GasStation
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OpCity
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_A
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_B
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_C
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_D
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_E
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPD_G
Mes_Sys_MapArea_RPDunderground
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_A
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_B
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_C
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_D
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_E
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaterPlant_G
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_A
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_B
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_C
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_D
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_E
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_City_G
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_A
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_B
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_C
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_D
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_E
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_OrphanAsylum_G
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WaniArea
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_A
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_B
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_C
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_D
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_E
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_WasteWater_G
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_A
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_B
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_C
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_D
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_E
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_F
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Laboratory_G
Mes_Sys_MapArea_LaboBottom
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Unknown
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Tutorial
Mes_Sys_MapArea_Etcetera

Weapons

H&K USP
H&K VP70
Browning HP
"HP (Ada)" (her Makarov or whatever it is)
S&W M60 LadySmith
Colt S.A.A.
Remington M1100-P
MAC11
MP5
Desert Eagle .50AE
S&W 329
M79
Sparkshot
Flamethrower
Gatling gun
Rocket launcher
Infinite rocket launcher
"Sexy gun" with some sort of ammo or power gauge

Bosses

G1
G2
G3
G4
G5
Tyrant
N-Tyrant

Characters with some unique attribute (voice actor? animation?)

Leon S. Kennedy
Claire Redfield
Ada Wong
Sherry Birkin
Hunk
Tofu
Robert Kendo
Brian Irons
Ben Bertolucci
Annette Birkin
Chris Redfield
Ethan Winters
U.S.S
Marvin Branagh
William Birkin
Dead Man
John
Katherine Warren
Mr.X
Gas Station Sheriff
Vance Zombie
Emma Kendo
Elliot Edward
StoreManager
Sewage Corpse
Burning Corpse
Dead Researcher
Ending Driver

Last edited:

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool if they're retconning Ethan in this thing. Then again, him and Chris might just be minigame characters.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Rogue mode sounds like the bonus mode they don't wanna mention and we know Chris Redfields actor was at capcom recently.

I can double check this datamine stuff in a bit

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
mkIqqeV.png

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan, huh. Either that's just left over data from RE7 or... Well, if he is in this game, he'd be 14 years old. I did find how he acted in RE7 strange, as if he experienced something similar before. Him being a Raccoon City survivor would explain it.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan? Maybe he can finally be a character.

Happy for Chris but I was hoping for Wesker, damn.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
So the akuma is not true (yet).
Honestly i really thought Akuma would be in this game, there is so much fan service in REmake 2, i was positive they would sneak him in as a joke, maybe hes not playable but you can see his body in that secret room that requires 2 fingerprints, i think that's where he was suppose to be in the april fools joke.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
A and B scenarios ?

But they explicitly said that won't be in the game :o

Maybe you unlock the original RE2 after beating this game ?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm leaning towards Ethan just being leftover from RE7.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of Akuma, they should add in Dan as even more of a troll.

I mean, throwing Gadokens would still be awesome.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What if they retcon Ethan to be the forgotten son of Birkin or something.

Ethan Birkin and then he goes away and changes his name to Ethan Hunt.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ethan being in the rogue mode would be fine. Just like how Rev 2 Raid had characters from 6 and Rev 1. Just plop a bag on his head if you don't wanna show the face.

Only thing I think might be left overs is scenarios. I don't think they'd hide that for this long.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
The camera thing could end up being true because of the teaser at the end of the demo.

Man if they add Akuma and the camera the game would be the best remake ever made hands down. So much love has been put into it already so just imagine.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan being in the rogue mode would be fine. Just like how Rev 2 Raid had characters from 6 and Rev 1. Just plop a bag on his head if you don't wanna show the face.

Only thing I think might be left overs is scenarios. I don't think they'd hide that for this long.
I would be so pissed if they include him and not Wesker or Jill.

What nonsense.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
OMFG "ADA THE SPY"

It can't be just the Ada segments in Leon's story, because wouldn't it make sense to have Sherry have her own section as well?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Resident Evil 6 had moments like that when they changed to the classic camera, it could just be to add to the reveal of stuff.

But I hope it's in there so fans are happy.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, as far as I know, Fixed Camera is in as an unlockable (at the very least, they were 100% being worked on around the game's E3 reveal, but I wasn't sure if they'd gone through to the final game and still not certain, but there seems to be hints to it here), A/B Scenarios are a relic from development that were cut, and Rogue is a Rogue-Like Mode which randomizes enemy and item placement with different playable characters. First I've heard of Ada the Spy and I'm actually surprised Rogue might be something I guessed correctly from something else I heard.

EDIT: Thinking on it more, Rogue might be what turned into Hardcore in the final game. Don't take my mention of Rogue to be 100% here as it's me piecing together a few things from this and what I heard. A chance it could just have ended up as Hardcore Mode, or a chance it's its own separate thing, to be seen.

Last edited:

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, as far as I know, Fixed Camera is in as an unlockable (at the very least, they were 100% being worked on around the game's E3 reveal, but I wasn't sure if they'd gone through to the final game and still not certain, but there seems to be hints to it here), A/B Scenarios are a relic from development that were cut, and Rogue is a Rogue-Like Mode which randomizes enemy and item placement with different playable characters. First I've heard of Ada the Spy and I'm actually surprised Rogue might be something I guessed correctly from something else I heard.

Be still, my heart. Rogue mode sounds dope too.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
So there is going to be A and B scenarios? Is that what's suppose to be gathered from it? I recall them saying there wouldn't be, although I'm through the roof happy if there will be.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Oh fuuuuuuuuuck fixed camera AND the AB scenarios? Fuck man, I guess I shouldn't have kept my expectations in check cause they have seemingly given us everything we've been asking for.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So there is going to be A and B scenarios? Is that what's suppose to be gathered from it? I recall them saying there wouldn't be, although I'm through the roof happy if there will be.
Probably not, from what I know, A/B scenarios were cut in 2017 during development both for time and to focus the campaigns better. Keep in mind some things here are probably relics from development.