• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
i can't see how fixed camera gonna work.
a bunch of area its too dark for fixed angle and enemy gameplay design around 3rd person.
unless capcom do like Cold Fear,RE 3.5 that camera change 3rd person when you aim.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
They're going to have to massively rework enemy placement (zombies, Lickers and Mr X etc...) to get fixed camera in. Call me jaded but I think either 1 of 2 things will happen in regards to this. 1) It's not in. They said they looked at implementing it but felt that it didn't work, so any reference might just be cut content etc... 2) It's in to appease long time fans but it's half-assed like RE5.

To correctly implement a true fixed camera RE experience would take serious development effort. I don't think they will have budgeted for it time wise.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
CAMERA_SELECT probably doesn't mean what you think since the post says there is no unlock screen for it and you choose it when choosing new game. It's probably how far away from the characters and how it tracks you more than anything else.

Excited for the bonus mode. If there is a shop and you can unlock stuff it will be lots of fun. They already confirmed there is no A/B systems in the game so like many said before it's probably leftovers from development.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
a bunch of area its too dark for fixed angle and enemy gameplay design around 3rd person.
unless capcom do like Cold Fear,RE 3.5 that camera change 3rd person when you aim.

Like this

cwkb1hn.jpg

ZWieShk.jpg

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Although i doubt it, maybe like this?

I'm really, really not sure if it will be there, but i think this is the way to do it.

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, as far as I know, Fixed Camera is in as an unlockable (at the very least, they were 100% being worked on around the game's E3 reveal, but I wasn't sure if they'd gone through to the final game and still not certain, but there seems to be hints to it here), A/B Scenarios are a relic from development that were cut, and Rogue is a Rogue-Like Mode which randomizes enemy and item placement with different playable characters. First I've heard of Ada the Spy and I'm actually surprised Rogue might be something I guessed correctly from something else I heard.

EDIT: Thinking on it more, Rogue might be what turned into Hardcore in the final game. Don't take my mention of Rogue to be 100% here as it's me piecing together a few things from this and what I heard. A chance it could just have ended up as Hardcore Mode, or a chance it's its own separate thing, to be seen.

I'm back in... would be an incredible thing to include for Fans of the older resident evil games.
Fingers crossed, been wanting fixed camera resident evil to return for what seems like my entire life.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't an "Ethan W." actually mentioned in an in-game file in an older RE game (I think it was 5?) that people realized after 7 came out? It'd be really interesting if that wasn't just a coincidence and Capcom has been planning to retcon him in some way into prior events of the series from the get-go.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't an "Ethan W." actually mentioned in an in-game file in an older RE game (I think it was 5?) that people realized after 7 came out? It'd be really interesting if that wasn't just a coincidence and Capcom has been planning to retcon him in some way into prior events of the series from the get-go.

Yes, it was 5 as a rather high level researcher among those who were to be purged on Spencer's orders. However, the time of the research stations operation doesn't really line up with Ethan's likely age. Unless he was another young genius, which the series certainly doesn't lack.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ethan W. from the RE5 was confirmed as deceased

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Spencer's_notebook
Code:
Personnel with Access to Company Secrets

Level 10
Ozwell S. - Deceased
Henning P. - Imprisoned
Masaki T. - Deceased
Jenny K. - Whereabouts unknown
Carlos M. - Found -> information obtained -> eliminated

Level 9
Brandon B. - Deceased
Frank E. - Deceased
Isabella C. - Deceased
Greg A. - Deceased
Lee D. - Deceased
Michael K. - Deceased
Ethan W. - Deceased

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If fixed camera is in, i think it will be like it was implemented in the Hookman build of RE4

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
From Demo pretry much you need to aim and shoot zombies head to make them down.
You can't do that in fixed unless it's have auto aim don't mention others fast paced like Licker,Mr.x or G-Birkin
The mechanics are all there. Zombies move slowly and turn almost like in RE2, and lucky shots completely pop their heads and otherwise you'll waste a magazine on them. If they automated the aiming and kept lucky shots and fixed aiming to 3 levels of height and general horizontal direction there you go. It's not unheard of.

Oct 25, 2017
so are the DLC weapons and stuff locked TO DLC? or is it a early unlock thing

because if its disc locked content... fuck capcom

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hope the old cheats still work as well. Doubtful, but I loved that unlimited ammo mode for later play throughs in original RE2.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
The only way for fixed camera to really work great, is for it to go over the shoulder during combat, unless they add a fixed lock on the enemies.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really wanna spoil myself but, 2 things: any mention of Zombie Brad or hints at RE3 elements?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still want to know if the Man-Spider made it in. Pls CAPCOM don't disappoint me.
latest

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
I so hope that the 'Ada the Spy' scenario is in the game. I'd love to see a Separate Ways style scenario for her. Also interested in the Rogue mode. If Ethan is in there as a character then hopefully Mia is too. Some of the characters sound interesting. Vance Zombie? And the Mayor's daughter finally has a name.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Seems to be a lack of boss fights. The original Remake had so many

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Ethan, huh. Either that's just left over data from RE7 or... Well, if he is in this game, he'd be 14 years old. I did find how he acted in RE7 strange, as if he experienced something similar before. Him being a Raccoon City survivor would explain it.

Ethan Winters is one of the most suspicious main characters we have had in Resident evil. There are certain things he says and reacts to that are weird. He is a Giant question mark of a person who really loves his wife.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Are those really silencers? Wow I guess X is going to be following you around for a long time.

Fuck, just thinking about it gives me anxiety

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I see the Chess Plugs are in game as well. Also WTF you can combine 2 green herbs with a blue?