• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, as far as I know, Fixed Camera is in as an unlockable (at the very least, they were 100% being worked on around the game's E3 reveal, but I wasn't sure if they'd gone through to the final game and still not certain, but there seems to be hints to it here), A/B Scenarios are a relic from development that were cut, and Rogue is a Rogue-Like Mode which randomizes enemy and item placement with different playable characters. First I've heard of Ada the Spy and I'm actually surprised Rogue might be something I guessed correctly from something else I heard.
Any comment on Ethan?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I would be so pissed if they include him and not Wesker or Jill.

What nonsense.
They clearly haven't created them in this engine yet, nor would I want them to already. I'd rather them wait until a game that actually features them and do them right rather than slap some half effort models into a game they're not even supposed to be in. Gotta remember that they scan real people for the character models, would be a waste of resources for em to create high detail models and hire voice actors for characters that aren't even featured in the campaign. Ethan is already mostly done, so that's not a problem.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Probably not, from what I know, A/B scenarios were cut in 2017 during development both for time and to focus the campaigns better. Keep in mind some things here are probably relics from development.

Ah, gotcha. Well I can always hold out hope, it'd just be great to have more game time and variety with B campaign (Part of the reason I loved 2 so much as a kid).

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please

latest

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy both Hunk and Tofu are in the game. (even though i was never able to finish Tofu's story. LOL)

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Any info on Ethan's role in this game?
I have no idea, might've been for testing, might be some bonus mode, to be seen. I only have partial information on some things unfortunately, so a lot is unknown for me too. But I thought I could chime in a bit on the Fixed stuff and Rogue, though edited my original post since I am noticing Hardcore Mode isn't listed here, and thinking on some loose things I've heard, there's either a chance Rogue is it's own thing in the game, or it transformed into Hardcore Mode in the game. Guess we'll see soon.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see an expanding city area.

Now I hope there are some surprise new enemies and bosses. I guess it rules out Nemessis showing up in any mode :(. Oh well, I can wait.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
That would be tiny wee disappointing if Rogue mode is hardcore mode and not a full-on randomizer. I thought Capcom would have read the huge potential randomizer has to make this game a mainstay in terms of replayability and for content creators in general

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
That makes me wonder how the ending will play out if there are no A/B scenarios, especially since there are various final bosses in the original depending on the character and scenario (G-Birkin 4, Mr. X, G-Birkin 5). I'd hate to see any of those bosses cut, even Blob Birkin.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That would be tiny wee disappointing if Rogue mode is hardcore mode and not a full-on randomizer. I thought Capcom would have read the huge potential randomizer has to make this game a mainstay in terms of replayability and for content creators in general
Just to sorta' lay my cards bare, Capcom has said there's a "secret" unlockable to "Greatly add to replay value" in REmake 2 publicly. From what I know, they internally noticed the popularity of the REmake 1 Randomizor mod, and an off-hand comment I heard made me think there may be a randomizor mode, but no confirmation on that. And Rogue almost definitely stands for Rogue-Like, and I know they planned a mode with several playable characters. So I think it's in, but then I also notice Hardcore Mode is missing, and Rogue could've translated into Hardcore, and planned doesn't always mean it's in the final game, things change in development. But then again, Easy Mode isn't here either, so who knows?

Just to kinda' lay where I am and what I know on this specific thing.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Just to sorta' lay my cards bare, Capcom has said there's a "secret" unlockable to "Greatly add to replay value" publicly. From what I know, they internally noticed the popularity of the REmake 1 Randomizor, and an off-hand comment I heard made me think there may be a randomizor mode, but no confirmation on that. And Rogue almost definitely stands for Rogue-Like, and I know they planned a mode with several playable characters. So I think it's in, but then I also notice Hardcore Mode is missing, and Rogue could've translated into Hardcore. But then again, Easy Mode isn't here either, so who knows?

Just to kinda' lay where I am and what I know on this specific thing.

Alright, thanks for your input. Guess we'll see for ourselves in a few short days, there's also the potential for DLC down the line so I'm not too worried.

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
That makes me wonder how the ending will play out if there are no A/B scenarios, especially since there are various final bosses in the original depending on the character and scenario (G-Birkin 4, Mr. X, G-Birkin 5). I'd hate to see any of those bosses cut, even Blob Birkin.

I updated the OP with a list of bosses.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea, might've been for testing, might be some bonus mode, to be seen. I only have partial information on some things unfortunately, so a lot is unknown for me too. But I thought I could chime in a bit on the Fixed stuff and Rogue, though edited my original post since I am noticing Hardcore Mode isn't listed here, and thinking on some loose things I've heard, there's either a chance Rogue is it's own thing in the game, or it transformed into Hardcore Mode in the game. Guess we'll see soon.
did you see this? https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest...en-lying-about-a-major-feature-of-the-remake/

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the insight!

Dec 28, 2018
So if that's the full leaked boss list of the game, why is the G Adult a regular enemy now instead of being a boss like in the original game?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, as far as I know, Fixed Camera is in as an unlockable (at the very least, they were 100% being worked on around the game's E3 reveal, but I wasn't sure if they'd gone through to the final game and still not certain, but there seems to be hints to it here), A/B Scenarios are a relic from development that were cut, and Rogue is a Rogue-Like Mode which randomizes enemy and item placement with different playable characters. First I've heard of Ada the Spy and I'm actually surprised Rogue might be something I guessed correctly from something else I heard..
ZN35.gif

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Leon A
Claire B
Claire A
Leon B
Before we jump the gun here, there's an insider among RE fans who claimed these routes were planned but cut due to time constraints. Just don't get too crazy about this potential news yet. It might just be leftovers in the files from deprecated content.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the maps, seems like only the Orphanage and more time in the Raccoon streets will be the new additional content compared to OG RE2.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about the thing with Chris Redfield and Ethan Winters.

I hope that Rogue mode is something like Mercenaries.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Curious about the thing with Chris Redfield and Ethan Winters.

I hope that Rogue mode is something like Mercenaries.
Chris was a playable character in RE2 battle mode. He probably has the same role here.

Hopefully he gets a cameo on the actual story.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fixed camera is probably in the game as an option imo. Reason I say is because when you watch the demo trailer you can observe the two scenes where Leon is running looks 100% like a fixed camera gameplay imo.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I checked the file myself and while mine seemed to be partly corrupted. I was seeing a lot of the same stuff. Like Sexy Gun and Rogue was definitely there.