• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ksdixon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there any word on maybe Claire classic costume getting fixed? It looks weird with no sleeves and boob cut top. Basically turned a t-shirt into a vest

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Any chance of a first person mode being added down the road? I know it's a long shot given that the game was designed to play more like RE4 but after playing the demo I just can't help but think how eerie it would be to walk around a la RE7. I got excited when camera modes were discussed but I doubt this will be one of them unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance of a first person mode being added down the road? I know it's a long shot given that the game was designed to play more like RE4 but after playing the demo I just can't help but think how eerie it would be to walk around a la RE7. I got excited when camera modes were discussed but I doubt this will be one of them unfortunately.
I wouldn't rule it out, I feel like first person camera is way more likely than fixed angles.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
Damn the Chimeras need to be in more games.
latest

Nov 18, 2017
We're talking 6-8 hours for each character, right?

So 12-16 hours for a full playthrough of the main story campaigns.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I would be perfectly fine if they replaced the spiders and plant creatures with these cut guys from 1.5. I was so pissed the man spider was cut.

RE1.5-Cut-Creatures.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
We're talking 6-8 hours for each character, right?

So 12-16 hours for a full playthrough of the main story campaigns.
Well RE3 had these:

drain-deimos.png

So they are in Raccoon City... somewhere.

Yes.

Yes, 6-8 for the first campaign you play is my educated estimate for the average player. Though I do the second campaign will go faster than the first like the original RE2 or RE1 or whatever. There is differences, areas exclusive to both characters, etc., but there's still applied knowledge of how to play the game, information about the areas, etc., which I think will make the second campaign go by a bit faster. This one is rougher than my first estimate, which I am pretty confident will be reflective of most people's experience, but I'd probably guess to beat both campaigns would take people 11-14 hours is my guess.

That however, is not including either HUNK or Tofu's modes, Hardcore difficulty (which is like a harder Arrange Mode for the main game), and other unlockables... (I fully believe Fixed Cameras and Rogue are in, but I don't know that 100%, I just knew that Fixed Camera was in development around the time the game was announced for the game as it was nearly done then and heard there was a mode you selected multiple characters in)

---

As an aside, I really hope Drain Deimos gets realized pretty awesome in REmake 3.

Oct 26, 2017
It depends, one detail I can share (but going to wait for more organically to creep up) is that who you play as first and second does have slight alterations for the beginning and ending of the game, it's not A/B scenarios but the path through Raccoon City and which entrance to RPD they take depends on who you play as first/second, as well as the true final boss you only fight with the second character you play as. And of course stuff like only Claire goes to Orphanage, only Leon fights Gator, etc. And in a lot of shared areas they take different paths through/have different goals, like in RPD there's a certain key only Leon gets, one only Claire gets, both Leon and Claire get entirely different weapon loadouts, etc.

i'm not going to share anymore, but the game is out there in the wild now.

Pretty cool if that's how it works for the second game.
I'd suspected that key thing, because there's a few areas in the RPD which have doors locked by both of those keys on different entrances.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
These are those fuckers from the lab section of RE1/REmake that drop down from the ceiling in that boiler room
Ah damn I forgot about those bastards!

Their a cross between human and fly in the original resident evil only seen in the laboratory.

I gotta replay the original again soon. But I've never played 2 I'm sad to admit. Just one of those games that slipped by me. I wasn't even hyped for the remake until I played the demo. Went from maybe buying it on sale in a year or two to absolutely picking it up near release if not day one.

Nov 18, 2017
That however, is not including either HUNK or Tofu's modes, Hardcore difficulty (which is like a harder Arrange Mode for the main game), and other unlockables... (I fully believe Fixed Cameras and Rogue are in, but I don't know that 100%, I just knew that Fixed Camera was in development around the time the game was announced for the game as it was nearly done then and heard there was a mode you selected multiple characters in)

I'm hoping for a Mercs equivalent, but that might be a stretch.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I hope for this remake is that Claire's weapons actually gets some upgrade parts for her weapons.

In the original, Leon's weapon selection ended up being so much better in comparison.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

1547763595122.png

One from the internet I thought I'd post here. To see if more of these sort surface pretty soon.

Feb 16, 2018
So that's actual confirmation of a fixed camera angle mode? Damn I'm impressed, I wonder how it plays compared to the over the shoulder mode which seems to be how the game was built around.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So are A and B scenarios true or false?
False, but with a bit of truth. The beginning and ending of the campaign has differences based on who you play as first/second, but it's not really anything you'd call A/B campaign stuff. The only real differences are who you play as first goes through the front entrance of RPD while the second enters through the back entrance of RPD, and who you play as second fights the true final boss.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Wow so there is an actual fixed camera option? I'm genuinely surprised. I expected they'd have revealed that by now. Now I'm really curious to see what other secrets the game has.
So that's actual confirmation of a fixed camera angle mode? Damn I'm impressed, I wonder how it plays compared to the over the shoulder mode which seems to be how the game was built around.
Holy shit fixed camera?!?

Greatly awaiting some footage/pictures.

I'd wait for a bit more confirmation. While I do honestly believe it's in, these could easily be faked at this point. But as the game is out in the wild now, to see if more comes in soon or not. However, I think it's worth bringing up and sharing at least.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
image0.jpg

1547763595122.png

One from the internet I thought I'd post here. To see if more of these sort surface pretty soon.
If fixed camera really is in, I wonder how if there are different control options like in the HD versions of REmake and RE0 (tank controls or the newer scheme).

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
If fixed camera is in, I wonder if and how they balanced the game's revamped controls and mechanics around it.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the fixed camera mode is for a special / single segment of the game (Sherry's part for example) similar to the Japanese version of Resident Evil 4, which featured a classic camera similar to Code Veronica when playing as Ashley. But this time they maybe let you choose if you want a classic or fixed camera. I mean I have no idea, I'm just throwing ideas out here (in case that one photo isn't a fake). Would be cool to have a fixed camera as an additional bonus, but the game is designed around the OTS camera, so I don't know if it will really work that well. I guess we'll soon find out.

Also available in HD (skip to 4:50 if the time stamp doesn't work):

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I currently have a theory that Rogue Mode is going to be a post-launch free update to REmake 2 they may announce on launch day in the launch trailer or something, but this is just a theory for now. A lot of odd comments recently may point to this.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I currently have a theory that Rogue Mode is going to be a post-launch free update to REmake 2 they may announce on launch day in the launch trailer or something, but this is just a theory for now. A lot of odd comments recently may point to this.
I know it's probably a rogue-like mode, but I really do want a Mercenaries/Raid style mode to satisfy that addictive action itch.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Zapping system in? I saw a pic of Clair with Marv on twitter
Supposedly the campaigns between Leon and Claire are mostly identical, but depending on who you play first and who you play second determines who enters the front of the RPD and who enters the back, and also who takes on the final boss.

Last edited: