• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Resident Evil 2 System Requirements Revealed on steam, Will require 26GB HDD Space

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has Updated the System Requirements for the Steam Version of Resident Evil 2 and that included the required size of the game on PC , and According to the Steam Page the required size of the game is 26GB

- Previously , It was revealed in Microsoft Store that the Xbox Version of the game will require 21GB

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/resident-evil-2/c5827csz4sc6?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

- While it is yet to be revealed the Size of the PS4 Version of the game

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
That is teensy tiny. I got COD advanced Warfare during the winter sale and that like four times as big. I want an entry into the RE franchise that’s like 120 gigs at least.

Oct 27, 2017
That is teensy tiny. I got COD advanced Warfare during the winter sale and that like four times as big. I want an entry into the RE franchise that’s like 120 gigs at least.
Why? File size doesn't mean anything.

Or is this sarcasm?

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is pretty good at delivering games that are big, but small in file size.

Very happy they're keeping this trend. I don't like how I have to trim countless games for one new one.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. Recently large file sizes on pc have put me off even buying a game (noteably shadow
Of war).

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Why? File size doesn't mean anything.

Or is this sarcasm?
No actually file size has been a ‘huge’ issue with gaming laptops. I have NBA 2k19 which is huge. Games are usually like 40gb. which is not very kind to a 500gb sshd.

The last mainline resident evil that was big and long and was pretty crammed with content was RE6, but that didn’t necessarily mean better quality.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is pretty good at optimizing their games. Definitely the reason it's bigger on PC than consoles is due to higher-res textures as well.

Nov 14, 2018
RE engine showing everyone who's boss with them graphics and still being incredibly optimized. Best engine in the biz.

Oct 27, 2017
No actually file size has been a ‘huge’ issue with gaming laptops. I have NBA 2k19 which is huge. Games are usually like 40g. which is not very kind to a 500gb sshd.

The last mainline resident evil that was big and long and was pretty crammed with content was RE6, but that didn’t necessarily mean better quality.
Yeah, and RE6 on PC was only 17GB.

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is misleading. OP, you don't know the actual RE2 file size on PC. System requirements are just saying you need 26GB of free space on your hard drive to complete the installation process. Final installed game size could be (and usually is) smaller!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
Reasonable size! Although I don't care too much about that.

they surely know how to black magic

Now, let's not get into the corners they had to cut to fit the original in an N64 cartridge because compromises were made. It's not a perfect, same fidelity, full content port.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Nice to get a new game with a reasonable size, instead of 70 -100GB+ like a lot of games are these days.

I don't expect RE2 to be the biggest game though, especially when most RE games have extra's to unlock for beating them in under 3 hours. I expect a standard play through will probably come in between 5-6 hours, maybe 8-10 hours, if you really take your time.

Nov 1, 2017
Now, let's not get into the corners they had to cut to fit the original in an N64 cartridge because compromises were made. It's not a perfect, same fidelity, full content port.
There’s some lower quality graphics, FMV and audio, but...it’s pretty damn close, and it’s definitely full content.

OP
OP
Cyberpunk
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is misleading. OP, you don't know the actual size of RE2 file size on PC. System requirements are just saying you need 26GB of free space on your hard drive to complete the installation process. Final installed game size could be (and usually is) smaller!
I hoped u could use a better word to describe that the info isn't "literally" 100% accurate , but using the word misleading implies that I use this thread with its not "literally" 100% accurate info for whatever advantage of mine because of a minor size difference

Nov 6, 2017
There’s some lower quality graphics, FMV and audio, but...it’s pretty damn close, and it’s definitely full content.
Don't get me wrong, it is a good tech feature to fit it in 64 MB but of course the fidelity is compromised. However, what I don't like about it is that it misses one of the introductory cutscenes (there's a slight difference when you start the game playing as Leon or Claire, namely the police car crashing forward or backward), as well as another cutscene with Ada and Annette. I really love the game and I would have pissed me off to notice the inconsistencies after playing the original version.

In any case, I've seen conflicting reports on what's actually missing, so I guess someone with both original PS1 and N64 versions around here could easily compare.

Oct 26, 2017
Why isn't the recommend GPU an RTX card? I thought RE2 has raytracing support?
There's absolutely no way they would put a card worth $600+ as recommended when it can be played on a card worth a fraction of that price. Recommended generally means playable at 1080/60 depending on the game. You won't need much for that.