• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
cc3c54cdec02c19a0d737ecffca4b545.jpg

Just announced on Capcom's Resident Evil 2 Launch Event Stream. Ghost Survivors is a free content update for REmake 2 that will be hitting post-launch, no date yet, but it's a new game mode where you can play as multiple characters, it'll be a mode with randomized elements, an in-game shop (not micro transactions, earn points in-game by performing well), and should be very replayable they say. Hints it might be like a randomizor/rogue mode, but no 100% at this time. Confirm that Robert Kendo, a USS Member and Katherine (mayor's daughter) are playable in it, surprisingly the characters from the main game not confirmed playable at this time (but say more characters to be revealed).

More info to come soon.

---

SLIGHT UPDATE: Not much more, but this mode seems it'll be dished out in volumes over time, three volumes, the first one will hit at an unknown date, have Kendo, a USS Member, and Katherine playable. The mode may have a loose "alternate reality" story mode and randomized rogue-like mode, but it's a bit unclear right now. Confirmed this first volume will include a brand new enemy that's not in RE2 normally, and again is a free content update.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Something akin to mercenaries but with more innovative ideas.

I remember back when RE5 launched everyone was playing mercenaries and it was really fun, too! RE7 needed a mode similar to it to improve it's longevity and even though it kinda had it... it felt severely under developed.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Remember when Capcom charged $5 dollars for an unlock code to play vs mode in re5? Good times

Glad this is free, REmake 2 seems like it's gonna have tons of content that you can replay a ton.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Remember when Capcom charged $5 dollars for an unlock code to play vs mode in re5? Good times

Glad this is free, REmake 2 seems like it's gonna have tons of content that you can replay a ton.
Back in those days developers pretty much charged for every piece of DLC ... sad times but thankfully I wasn't all that broke either lol

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
If Capcom decide to Release a Raid Missions DLC similar to Resident Evil Revelations 2, I will play the shit out of it.

Saying this, I hope to see in this Roque-like [if true] DLC different enemies from other games of the series. Like it happened in Raid Missions.
How cool it would be if out of nowhere to see a Hunter appear behind you and be in shock. This happened to me in Raid Mode as well.

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
If Capcom decide to Release a Raid Missions DLC similar to Resident Evil Revelations 2, I will play the shit out of it.

Saying this, I hope to see in this Roque-like [if true] DLC different enemies from other games of the series. Like it happened in Raid Missions.
How cool it would be if out of nowhere to see a Hunter appear behind you and be in shock. This happened to me in Raid Mode as well.

No chance, if they cut enemies in the normal game they wouldn't create new ones for this mode. I think the best we can hope for is recycled RE7 enemies since they were made in the same engine.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It will be great if every RE characters under the sun are playable. Chris, Wesker, Shiva, adult Sherry, Nemesis, Jill, William Birkin, Spencer, Steve Burnside, Barry Burton, etc

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
SLIGHT UPDATE: Not much more, but this mode seems it'll be dished out in volumes over time, three volumes, the first one will hit at an unknown date, have Kendo, a USS Member, and Katherine playable. The mode may have a loose "alternate reality" story mode and randomized rogue-like mode, but it's a bit unclear right now. Confirmed this first volume will include a brand new enemy that's not in RE2 normally, and again is a free content update.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

We need more info, but i think it might be way different than what we expected.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
No chance, if they cut enemies in the normal game they wouldn't create new ones for this mode. I think the best we can hope for is recycled RE7 enemies since they were made in the same engine.

The least they can do is to put new monsters at least. Like I said in arnothe Thread, I would love to see concept art of a Spider with human limbs become real at last!!!

latest

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The least they can do is to put new monsters at least. Like I said in arnothe Thread, I would love to see concept art of a Spider with human limbs become real at last!!!

latest
Your timing is fun since just had a small update, this mode apparently is being released in volumes as free updates, and confirmed it'll include a new enemy not in the main game in the first volume, but no clarification of what it may be.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me crimson heads and strike fear into my heart.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
People think raid mode, but I was hoping for Outbreak-style procedurally generated survival horror.

Give me Outbreak, not Raid mode.