• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looks like there are indeed copies of some sort out in the wild now. The trophy list was just posted and overall it's a good list. A nice amount of variety and challenge without anything too crazy. So similar to the RE7 list with a mix of RE5's in there.
I separated the hidden trophies from the list, but overall I don't think there's anything too spoilery here. Especially not if you've played the original RE.

Non-Hidden Trophies
Raccoon City Native – Obtain all trophies – Platinum
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
A Hero Emerges – Complete Leon's story – Silver
A Heroine Emerges – Complete Claire's story – Silver
Hidden Trophy
Hip to Add Squares – Increase your inventory slots – Bronze
Don't Need No Stinkin' Gun – Defeat an enemy with a knife – Bronze
That'll Hold 'Em – Use Wooden Boards to board up a window – Bronze
A Vault-like Mind – Open a portable safe – Bronze
First Break-In – Open a dial safe – Bronze
Bon Appetit – Shoot the grenade you fed to an enemy – Bronze
Zombie Roundup – Kill 3 enemies at once with a sub-weapon – Bronze
Like Skeet Shooting – Shoot a zombie dog or a licker out of the air – Bronze
Keep Their Heads Ringin' – Paralyse a licker's sense of hearing – Bronze
Hats Off! – Shoot Tyrant's hat off his head – Bronze
Hidden Trophy
Treasure Hunter – Using the photo hints, find 2 hidden items – Bronze
A Waist of Space – Expand inventory slots to max – Bronze
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
Lore Explorer – Read all of the files – Bronze
Complete Vermin Extermination – Destroy all Mr. Raccoons – Silver
Master of Unlocking – Open all safes and locks in the game – Silver
Hidden Trophy
Hidden Trophy
Hardcore Rookie – Complete Leon's story on "Hardcore" game mode – Gold
Hardcore College Student – Complete Claire's story on "Hardcore" game mode – Gold
Frugalist – Complete the game without using a recovery item – Silver
Minimalist – Clear the game without opening the item box – Silver
A Small Carbon Footprint – Take 14000 steps of fewer in one playthrough – Silver
Hidden Trophy
Never-Ending Rain – Escape the police station – Bronze
Hack Complete – Complete Ada's Segment – Bronze
The Basics of Survival – Combine two items together – Bronze
Customizer – Customize a weapon – Bronze
Eat This! – Counterattack with a sub-weapon – Bronze
Vermin Extermination – Destroy a Mr. Raccoon – Bronze

Hidden Trophies
Bronze - Welcome to the city of the Dead - Make it to the police station.
Bronze - Path to the Goddess - Solve the Goddess Statue puzzle.
Bronze - Hide and Seek - Complete Sherry's segment.
Bronze - A Great Need for a Shower - Escape from the sewers.
Silver - Broken Umbrella - Witness the true ending.
Silver - Gotcha! - Defeat Stage 2 G using the crane only once.
Bronze - One Slick Super-spy - Use only the EMF Visualizer to complete Ada's gameplay segment.
Bronze - Young Escape - Escape the bedroom within 60 seconds during Sherry's segment.
Bronze - With Time to Spare - Defeat Stage 4 G with 4+ minutes left until detonation.
Bronze - In The Blink of an Eye - Defeat Super Tyrant with 5+ minutes left until detonation.
Gold - Leon "S." Kennedy - Complete Leon's story on "Standard" or "Hardcore" with an S rank.
Gold - Sizzling Scarlet hero - Complete Claire's story on "Standard" or "Hardcore" with an S rank.
Bronze - Grim Reaper - Complete "The 4th Survivor" extra mode.

Source: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/69649-resident-evil-2-trophy-list-revealed/

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
True ending?

Exciting as fuck for this. Please don't disappoint.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bronze - With Time to Spare - Defeat Stage 4 G with 4+ minutes left until detonation.
Bronze - In The Blink of an Eye - Defeat Super Tyrant with 5+ minutes left until detonation.

449266794587488276.png

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's the same as the original where you get a bigger ending after finishing the second scenario.
They need to expand it. Show Leon and Sherry getting taken in by the US government or Claire going on her own to find Chris.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
"Getting an S Rank". Welp, there goes my attempt at getting a Platinum Trophy for this.

I want to play this so much...

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
"Getting an S Rank". Welp, there goes my attempt at getting a Platinum Trophy for this.

I want to play this so much...

This will be dependent on how they rank. They either straight up took the RE2 format or perhaps made it easier. While you couldn't in the past. Later RE games would let you use Special Weapons to get these sort of achievements.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all playing hardcore mode first? I'm considering it. Standard sounds easy

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'll be aiming for Platinum with this game! It'll probably be the only game I play through February, though I'm still undecided on picking up DOA6.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I hope Hardcore is available from the start. Do we have any details on it? Is it just the hardest mode or does it have other crap involved like limited saves or anything? These are all rhetorical of course lol.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Something I find interesting is how the game lists "standard" or "hardcore" for the S rank. But it doesn't list difficulty.

I'm wondering if perhaps Standard / hardcore are modifiers to the difficulty mode.

So for example you could play on Hard Standard (Hard difficulty but with checkpoints) or Easy Hardcore (Easy difficulty but you have to use ribbons and no checkpoints).

Would be an interesting alternative and a better fit than just madhouse mode like in 7

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
If it's like 7 hopefully it'll have ink ribbons and limited saves.

I would love that! Madhouse Mode was a ton of fun and I always like to go for the hardest setting on my first playthrough. Either way, I haven't been this pumped for a game in a long time.

It also sounds like this will be decently longer than the original from what I've read with the new areas and expanded original areas, etc.

Gimme!

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Something I find interesting is how the game lists "standard" or "hardcore" for the S rank. But it doesn't list difficulty.

I'm wondering if perhaps Standard / hardcore are modifiers to the difficulty mode.

So for example you could play on Hard Standard (Hard difficulty but with checkpoints) or Easy Hardcore (Easy difficulty but you have to use ribbons and no checkpoints).

Would be an interesting alternative and a better fit than just madhouse mode like in 7

This would be so much better

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Bronze - One Slick Super-spy - Use only the EMF Visualizer to complete Ada's gameplay segment.
Bronze - Young Escape - Escape the bedroom within 60 seconds during Sherry's segment.

Sherry's section confirmed to not involve gameplay and just be a walking simulator...? 👀

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Mentioned in one of the dev interviews, once you beat both campaigns, it unlocks a final 'something' (possibly a mini campaign) which leads to the true ending.

My guess: It's a final chapter as Ada to drop the rocket launcher for Leon/Claire going by the original RE2.

I hope it's the escape train but maybe they expand on it a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of upset that instead of Ada getting her own campaign she just has a small segment.

Never really understood developers going through the trouble to make a character playable only for them to be so for a short amount of time.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I hope to god Fourth Survivor is expanded, give a HUNK a unique boss please...

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming The 4th Survivor the secret thing that "adds a lot of replayability" they were talking about?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Hopefully it'll be like 7 where you can unlock things to help in other playthroughs.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I almost never platinum Japanese games. They force you to complete the games mutiple times.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Kind of upset that instead of Ada getting her own campaign she just has a small segment.

Never really understood developers going through the trouble to make a character playable only for them to be so for a short amount of time.

I totally agree on the fact she should have her own full fledged story, but her segment is actually not short! All media outlets that got to play through it have stated that it was at least an hour long.