• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If they're keeping the game a secret, then it's probably not RE8. Maybe Rev3 (as you said), but then why not include the Switch?

Sesha

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it's for the standalone version of Resistance.

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
I'm hoping it's something Outbreak related.. I hope hope hope. But I bet it will be some whack third person shooter thing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know that feeling very well. I had it for half a decade.
My theory is that since RE8 was apparently Rev3 at some point, there had to have been another RE8 that later became RE9. With the remakes of RE2 & 3 putting Leon & Jill back at the forefront, I have a feeling we'll see both of them again in 9.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Bottom of the page say multiplayer action for 4-6 players. My interest went from high to zero.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought there was a rumoured battle royale game or something as well as Revelations 3/Outrage?

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure this is Village Online.

Another names for Village Online found in various documents are Resident Evil 25th (Anniversary) Online Match, Resident Evil 25th Anniversary RE:VERSE.

From what someone on Reddit found concerning it a couple weeks ago.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
I mean we know that they have 3 Re games, RE8, a multiplayer RE(RE8 online?) and a RE with Switch as primary platform

The thing that they did not included ports and collections, and i really hope for RE1-2-3(maybe CV) in a collection

Black Soma

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's more of an Outbreak take and less of what hey did with the other multiplayer games.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
why has it been so hard for them to just release an outbreak game now that everyone has high speed internet and mic support...

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I signed up and shared on Twitter. Hopefully I can get in. Whatever it is. Lol.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Oooooh so it's multiplayer...
As others have said, there's supposed to be an online game released alongside RE8 (bundled maybe)

I hope it's better than UCorps and REsistance.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
the sign up page wants me to log into a capcom ID. but it takes me to a japanese page and i have no idea whats going on.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I could theoretically be way into a RE multiplayer game. Huge fully explorable city. You play a survivor with a hideout. You have to go out and scavenge for supplies to upgrade your gear and hideout, level up, etc. Have to fight or hide from zombies and monsters and other players. RE2R style gameplay.

I doubt that's what this is.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Please be a full fledged mercenaries game in the style of the revelations series Raid mode (In particular revelations 2's) Need some of that co-op RE action in my veins again.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Signing up for this was extremely convoluted for some reason, but finally got it. Had to merge accounts or something first

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Please be a full fledged mercenaries game in the style of the revelations series Raid mode (In particular revelations 2's) Need some of that co-op RE action in my veins again.

It's so obivous this is what Capcom should do.

A RE: Mercenaries game (I think it is a better template than Rev Raid Modes, although some elements of it would be welcome) with all the important characters and locations/monsters from all the games. It would be a perfect celebration of this legendary franchise.

But not, someone at Capcom thinks the multiplaer game people want is Resistence. Or whatever Resistence analogue will be released next.

Oct 25, 2017
True, we haven't seen her since that baller movie.

What about Sheva, or Billy ?

That movie was something...

giphy.gif

but Rebecca returning after years only to be a weird damsel in distress where the main villain wants to make her his wife is not the "return" I wanted.