• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone spotted the skyline at the end of the trailer in the lab that houses and ships off Nemesis? Umbrella Europe invented him in canon and send him on a bit of a rogue mission to prove their worth. This can´t be in the US, as Capcom likes to keep canon (mostly) intact, is all am I saying.
The Racoon City in the remakes is modeled on Montreal btw. especially the skyline.
There's a number of things in the trailer that seem nicked from the Apocalypse movie, it wouldn't surprise me if they forgot parts of canon or just decided to ignore it.

Also, anyone mention at least one line spoke in the trailer is taken straight from original game? I'll edit in a vid if I can find it.

Edit: There's like 7 or 8 variations of the scene she meets Carlos, I'm not watching them all to see which one it is, but it's the line that Umbrella caused it all in the first place.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018
Jill looks very good I think they got her right. That said I'm sticking to og outfit, I don't give a crap about realism in RE of all places, that look is iconic and so is she, probably my favorite character in video games. I'm still mad about RE5 so they better do her justice this time.

Oct 29, 2017
with these remakes I would fucking love if Capcom would scrap anything past re3 as far as canon goes. For a series I loved so much as a kid I always hated the way it went zany as soon as weaker showed up. I know it's not particularly well written but I loved the lore through the first several games.

Oct 25, 2017
with these remakes I would fucking love if Capcom would scrap anything past re3 as far as canon goes. For a series I loved so much as a kid I always hated the way it went zany as soon as weaker showed up. I know it's not particularly well written but I loved the lore through the first several games.

They aren't going scrap the canon of the most well praised game in RE4. And RE5 was good even with Wesker becoming Superman. RE6 is the only game that is a complete shit show as far as story and they course corrected that with RE7.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
REmake 2 has unlockable costumes (not many compared to dlc but still). REmake 3 would likely follow that pattern.
But 2 had the classic costumes, 3 made them DLC.

Maybe I'm pessimistic as fuck but I just can't see there being any.

Love to be wrong.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Has anyone spotted the skyline at the end of the trailer in the lab that houses and ships off Nemesis? Umbrella Europe invented him in canon and send him on a bit of a rogue mission to prove their worth. This can´t be in the US, as Capcom likes to keep canon (mostly) intact, is all am I saying.
The Racoon City in the remakes is modeled on Montreal btw. especially the skyline.

We also got a new motto for Umbrella due to the last lines of the trailer. The old one was "Obedience Breeds Discipline, Discipline Breeds Unity, Unity Breeds Power, Power is Life". "Preserving the health of the people" was another one.
ok i quoted you once already and this is prolly a stretch but hmm

unknown.png

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine they are doing a Code Veronica remake. There is no damn reason for this long that it is the only game next to 3 that isnt on Steam yet, especially after getting ported to ps4 etc

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
3c8eb2120712064e8d61e35a3a69f3f9c2d31343.gif

When you slow it down, it does become clearer that the zombie Jill scene isn't using a texture swap of her normal model, but a generic female zombie body with her head on it (the arms especially demonstrate it's not just a version of her with the second tank top off). I wonder if that means that the hallucination (or that presentation of it) was just for the trailer, or if it appears that way in the full game but they thought it was easier to do it that way, since like in the trailer you wouldn't notice it too much at full speed.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

When you slow it down, it does become clearer that the zombie Jill scene isn't using a texture swap of her normal model, but a generic female zombie body with her head on it (the arms especially demonstrate it's not just a version of her with the second tank top off). I wonder if that means that the hallucination (or that presentation of it) was just for the trailer, or if it appears that way in the full game but they thought it was easier to do it that way, since like in the trailer you wouldn't notice it too much at full speed.
nice catch

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Damn, nice catch. I wonder, is that Zoe's body? Looks like the same tank top.

Oct 26, 2017
ok i quoted you once already and this is prolly a stretch but hmm

unknown.png

Thing is, I don't trust that map. From the place you start on RE2r's 1st run (with the alleyway and Arukas) if you look down the street you can see it meets a road that isn't going directly North-South, the buildings are noticeably angled to face North West, but there's nothing like that on the map.
I think they've only taken the old Raccoon City map design from last decade and tweaked it to match the new playable streets, so any areas beyond where you can walk probably won't be reflected in that map.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's not her, but Jill sounds a lot like Laura Bailey (or Helena Harper) in that clip.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I
Unfortunate they're using the same zombie models as 2. Original RE3 changed things up, both in terms of looks and making them faster. From the looks of it zombies are just gonna be the same as 2 here.
Resident evil 3 original was the same. I don't see how this is a negative.we still know nothing about the kinds of enemies or if the randomization is back in

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Unfortunate they're using the same zombie models as 2. Original RE3 changed things up, both in terms of looks and making them faster. From the looks of it zombies are just gonna be the same as 2 here.
I can guarantee you 100% from this footage we have seen that every single zombie in the game will be 100% the same zombie as in RE2.
It's 100%.
I guarantee it cause we have seen this footage.
It is a 100% fact.

Oct 28, 2017
I
Resident evil 3 original was the same. I don't see how this is a negative.we still know nothing about the kinds of enemies or if the randomization is back in
RE3 original used different zombies to 2. And they behaved differently as well as looked different. There's so many things RE3 did that seem to go unnoticed.

But with that said, it's a small slice and maybe we'll get a mix of old and new. More than look I want to see zombies that chase us like original RE3. I hope they come back.

Callego

Nov 22, 2017
RE3 original used different zombies to 2. And they behaved differently as well as looked different. There's so many things RE3 did that seem to go unnoticed.

But with that said, it's a small slice and maybe we'll get a mix of old and new. More than look I want to see zombies that chase us like original RE3. I hope they come back.
The misconception of re3 being an re2 asset flip continues! I'm seriously questioning how many people on this site have (recently) played the game. It has so much going for it and yes the zombies absolutely behave and look differently :)

I hope we at least get a bunch of new zombie faces and bodies to add to the pool. Would be pretty disappointing if I just recognise the same guys Leon and Claire downed for the whole game.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

In that video, they talk about the game being more action oriented. I won't be surprised if they're faster after the intro segments.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The misconception of re3 being an re2 asset flip continues! I'm seriously questioning how many people on this site have (recently) played the game. It has so much going for it and yes the zombies absolutely behave and look differently :)

I hope we at least get a bunch of new zombie faces and bodies to add to the pool. Would be pretty disappointing if I just recognise the same guys Leon and Claire downed for the whole game.
I remember lots of beige and dark grey shirt zombies in RE2. I don't remember any of that in RE3.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Resident evil 3 original was the same.
It wasn't. Almost every zombie model was new, and some of them moved a lot faster than your average zombie.

I'm completely okay with R3make reusing animations and some models from RE2make, but I hope there are a lot of new models as well.
I might be missing something here, but the post you quoted goes against that misconception.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I don't think it's either Ashly burch or Laura Bailey, the recent Resident Evil tend to have lesser known voice actors or total newcomers, which is something I love. It gives more variety.