• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
yeah i just booted it up and saw that

though, the map was prolly made for RE3make and when the artists made the city backdrops they didn't have anything they needed to stick too. Probably the case with that skyline shot too (wouldn't be surprised if it was based on a real city and/or outsourced to people who had nothing to do with the ppl who drew up the map)

Yeah I think RE2 streets (and presumably RE3) are mostly made around what looks interesting, not even attempting to match it to the old map, so it gets a little weird when they decide to make use of the old map too. Can kind of make out where the playable areas are for this section by comparing the parts where it's edited and where it's not.

The skyline shot is digital I think, maybe the far distance isn't, but they have traffic moving along the road. This scene is set before the start of the game so it'll either be in the intro to the game, or found in video tapes/flashbacks if it's in there at all.

i'm guessing they've reworked the story so that Nemesis was assembled in the Umbrella Hospital / Laboratory you'll visit later in the game? Trailer makes it look that way.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Watching the trailer again, I'm guessing Brad is the one piloting the helicopter, and as you are running to get it in Nemesis will probably be the one who shoots it down killing Brad.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
boo i hope not

we need to his face eviscerated in the detail it desrves

i demand chicken blood
If that's how Brad dies this time that would be so lame. They wouldn't do that.
Yeah, I'm hoping it's as great as the in the original (I still hope it's possible to save him this time though). It's just they didn't put zombie Brad in RE2 and still haven't with the recent patches, so most likely his death will not be at the police station anymore. I'm pretty sure that's him saying "get in" and him being a pilot makes the most sense he would be the one flying the helicopter.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
i hope we do get some new bosses myself though if i remember the worm in the graveyard was the only non nemesis boss

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found these images on the official site that I haven't seen posted yet:

art_img08.jpg

art_img10.jpg

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
OMG That last picture why does it remind me so much of the dead rising intro! I wonder if you can save them. Now I want a remake of dead rising in this engine.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I fully expect open-world segments. It would be a waste of a setting otherwise and RE is famous for changing its formula. That´s how the series stayed fresh. Especially after 2017´s The Evil Within 2 proved how RE4´s design can go hand in hand with it. It is as good as RE7 and REmake 2. What a generation for survivor horror!
i loved TEW2 and the open world was actually the best part my issue is the set pieces fall well below the first game for me but the ending was great

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, looks like we'll have NPCs in RE3, which might add more layers to the game play not in the original game.

But that makes you wonder how almost every one of them died by the time Leon and Claire entered the town. Granted, they didn't explore a lot of the city.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm glad they can have civilians on the screen while you explore this time, they just had them killed off in the background screaming before you could get to them in the original.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they can have civilians on the screen while you explore this time, they just had them killed off in the background screaming before you could get to them before in the original.

Just that one screenshot has more incidental NPC's than any you hear/see in the original RE3 (outside of the intro FMV) lol.

To my recollection:

- There's that one girl (possibly Dario's daughter) who you can run into if you go back to the opening warehouse.
- One guy who gets mauled by the dogs before you enter the room with the spark plug cable, don't remember if it's a Civvy or a UBCS member.
- There's 2 UBCS members (one in sales office, one in hospital)

I think that's it, unless I'm missing anyone.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously hope there are no cuts or skimping on the bonus content of the original (Mercs) due to Resistance's inclusion.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I expect to see something similar in Mercenaries.
This HAS to be in it. I'm really anxious to find out.
Just that one screenshot has more incidental NPC's than any you hear/see in the original RE3 (outside of the intro FMV) lol.

To my recollection:

- There's that one girl (possibly Dario's daughter) who you can run into if you go back to the opening warehouse.
- One guy who gets mauled by the dogs before you enter the room with the spark plug cable, don't remember if it's a Civvy or a UBCS member.
- There's 2 UBCS members (one in sales office, one in hospital)

I think that's it, unless I'm missing anyone.
Yeah, I'm trying to think, when you list them it's really not that many. Can't wait to see it brimming with people this time, it would be great to experience the opening FMV in gameplay.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Watching the trailer again, I'm guessing Brad is the one piloting the helicopter, and as you are running to get it in Nemesis will probably be the one who shoots it down killing Brad.
You're probably right and it looks like it's on top of a parking garage.

This is a crazy thing to say... but part of me could see them completely stripping out the RPD section. If they really want to change it up, this is the game to do it on instead of playing it safe like they did with RE2.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
No, dude. It is for other platforms at the same time.
Nope. The last few games in the series have been announced at Sony events, but the games themselves have come out on all platforms at the same time. RE7 had a demo that was exclusive to PS4 for like six months though (as well as the final game's VR mode only being for PSVR), so maybe you're thinking of that? But RE2 didn't have any PS4-exclusive content or early release of any kind.

Good to hear, thanks.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is a crazy thing to say... but part of me could see them completely stripping out the RPD section. If they really want to change it up, this is the game to do it on instead of playing it safe like they did with RE2.

Given RE2 did only launch this year, cutting out the RPD could be seen as a good thing since they wouldn't be reusing assets and stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

The trailer heavily implies Carlos is at/heading to the rpd

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know where to get the high res key art for RE3? I saw Maximilian Dood had it in his video, and without the logo.