• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but... Do you think the coronavirus will affect the reception of this game's launch? It's timing isn't exactly ideal, similar to Advance Wars being released on 9/11 back in the day.

That being said, Resident Evil is a mature franchise. Heck, society might revel in it. Still, the thought has crossed my mind.

Feb 5, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but... Do you think the coronavirus will affect the reception of this game's launch? It's timing isn't exactly ideal, similar to Advance Wars being released on 9/11 back in the day.

That being said, Resident Evil is a mature franchise. Heck, society might revel in it. Still, the thought has crossed my mind.
Considering

A) this is a remake
B) its a zombie game

No.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

I could see some attempts at hot takes but I can't see it impacting the game's overall reception.

Sep 12, 2018
Seeing a lot of Resident Evil fan accounts on Twitter posting the characters from REmake 2 and 3 side by side and it really makes me want a sequel where Jill and Claire team up.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

Maybe if it was RE6 and focused purely on that China segment, maybe there would be some dumb Kotaku hot take, but nah.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a lot of Resident Evil fan accounts on Twitter posting the characters from REmake 2 and 3 side by side and it really makes me want a sequel where Jill and Claire team up.
I think it was the director of Vendetta who said he'd like to do a movie with two female leads. A Jill and Claire movie would be fantastic.

addik

Oct 28, 2017

I don't want to sound macabre, but honestly, I think the coronavirus outbreak might even help the game's reception/sales. I had a lot of my friends on Facebook share memes on the coronavirus that had pictures of Raccoon City but with its name replaced with Wuhan. Honestly, I find it in bad taste but it kept the RE brand and Raccoon City name in everyone's mind for a while.

--Also, the conspiracy theory of the coronavirus being developed in a lab has made everyone in my timeline go "Just like Resident Evil!" or something like that.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
RE3's ESRB rating has been revealed. Not surprisingly it's rated M, but the description is very interesting. Potential spoilers ahead...

Resident Evil 3 - ESRB

This is survival-horror action game in which players assume the role of a special units member (Jill Valentine) as she tries to escape a zombie outbreak.

Rating Summary

This is survival-horror action game in which players assume the role of a special units member (Jill Valentine) as she tries to escape a zombie outbreak. From a third-person perspective, players traverse various environments (e.g., subways, city streets, building corridors) as they avoid being attacked by zombies and large enemy creatures. Players use pistols, machine guns, shotguns, and explosives to defend themselves and kill creatures. Some attacks result in decapitation and/or dismemberment of enemies, often accompanied by large splatters of blood. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence: a man executed at close range; a character impaled through the chest by a creature's tentacle. A handful of areas depict mutilated corpses/zombies with exposed organs and viscera. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" are heard in the dialogue.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I don't want to sound macabre, but honestly, I think the coronavirus outbreak might even help the game's reception/sales. I had a lot of my friends on Facebook share memes on the coronavirus that had pictures of Raccoon City but with its name replaced with Wuhan. Honestly, I find it in bad taste but it kept the RE brand and Raccoon City name in everyone's mind for a while.

--Also, the conspiracy theory of the coronavirus being developed in a lab has made everyone in my timeline go "Just like Resident Evil!" or something like that.
Also in that conspiracy people started saying that the Biotech company with a logo similar to Umbrella's was the one responsible.

The only negative that could happen thanks to the Coronavirus would be if china also bans it as it did with
Plague Inc.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the demo as well. Having just replayed 2, I'm super hyped for 3 as Nemesis looks fantastic, and really that's all I wanted from the remake. Plus Capcom has been on a roll for the past few years, so I cant imagine a scenario where I don't really enjoy the game!

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
I'm excited for the demo as well. Having just replayed 2, I'm super hyped for 3 as Nemesis looks fantastic, and really that's all I wanted from the remake. Plus Capcom has been on a roll for the past few years, so I cant imagine a scenario where I don't really enjoy the game!

Completely agree. I played RE2 at least 10 times, it's amazing in every way and this looks even better IMO.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone else as excited as me for the demo? I know the game is almost here, but I really wanna get my hands on it already.

Not as much as I thought I'd be considering RE3 is one of my all time favorite games and I extremely hyped for RE3 Remake, but I guess that is because I want to experience RE3 Remake in it's entirety when it comes out and it is dark and I can immerse fully into the game and escaping the real world.

I will still play it though, because I want to know how it feels to move around with Jill !

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE3's ESRB rating has been revealed. Not surprisingly it's rated M, but the description is very interesting. Potential spoilers ahead...

Resident Evil 3 - ESRB

This is survival-horror action game in which players assume the role of a special units member (Jill Valentine) as she tries to escape a zombie outbreak.

Rating Summary

This is survival-horror action game in which players assume the role of a special units member (Jill Valentine) as she tries to escape a zombie outbreak. From a third-person perspective, players traverse various environments (e.g., subways, city streets, building corridors) as they avoid being attacked by zombies and large enemy creatures. Players use pistols, machine guns, shotguns, and explosives to defend themselves and kill creatures. Some attacks result in decapitation and/or dismemberment of enemies, often accompanied by large splatters of blood. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence: a man executed at close range; a character impaled through the chest by a creature's tentacle. A handful of areas depict mutilated corpses/zombies with exposed organs and viscera. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" are heard in the dialogue.

Ah, so this is how we get zombie Brad then. I much prefer the brutality of the tentacle through the face but it never made much sense given he becomes a zombie. I'm just glad he's not dying in that helicopter like that one theory implied.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Not as much as I thought I'd be considering RE3 is one of my all time favorite games and I extremely hyped for RE3 Remake, but I guess that is because I want to experience RE3 Remake in it's entirety when it comes out and it is dark and I can immerse fully into the game and escaping the real world.

I will still play it though, because I want to know how it feels to move around with Jill !

I feel you and I wish I could stop myself from playing it but I have no self control, i'll play the demo the moment it drops, even though I know it would probably be alot more enjoyable to expierence it in the full game for the first time.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
We're now officially one month away from Resident Evil 3 releasing! I'm quite excited for it.

The RE3 demo will be in two and a half weeks from now, for anyone looking forward to that.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope for an infinite bullet option, or at least a DLC like RE2 because I'm not sure if I can fell comfortable with the new nemesis lol.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I was just thinking how in Operation Mad Jackal mercenaries you could earn a rocket launcher, gatling gun and an infinity ammo for any weapon device.

I guess they want to sell this to us now like they did with 2.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
I feel you and I wish I could stop myself from playing it but I have no self control, i'll play the demo the moment it drops, even though I know it would probably be alot more enjoyable to expierence it in the full game for the first time.

Oh same here. I played the 30 minute RE2 Demo both on PC and PS4 because I couldn't help myself :D

Oct 27, 2017
Man I was just rewatching some trailers and I really love what they did to Nikolai. He is such a shady character and the REmake shows that way better than the original. He reminds me of the army leader in Day of the Dead where he is such a hateable character that you still find really cool and interesting.

Makes me sad we might not get Operation Mad Jackal as it would be cool to play as him.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna take the guess and say the Demo gets announced Tuesday for a 24th release. Give everyone a little more than a week to play it. If it's another one shot demo then I can see an announcement for 20th release instead.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Running through all sessions of RE2 again as we speak. Want to make sure my feels for controls are all caught up again. Has to be close to my 20th playthrough, just love this game so much. Gut feeling is a trailer on Tuesday with a demo release date for Friday the 20th. Coincides with releasing 2wks before game release ala RE2.