• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Complaints about Jill looking plain and not sexy is exactly what I'd expect from gaming side.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Now I wonder if the hidden achievement that was added to the steam version will be a tie in with this.

Some environments are shared so maaaybe a demo like we had before?

Jun 4, 2018
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Looks AWESOME! Excited for the campaign and multiplayer component! Will hopefully be able to pre-order it on Steam soon!

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Digging the statue, looks a little like Liv Tyler.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great - Capcom is on crazy run....having another Remake of that quality out so early.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
GOD, the FPP part of the trailer looked so bad :D

But I love everything about it. Cool. Nice that the city has some colors.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read this in Capcom's post:

"As if that isn't enough, Jill will have to contend with the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, or U.B.C.S., a private military force run by the very company that sparked the outbreak."

So, human enemies too? Reminds me of HL1 and the HECU.

Jill vs HUNK, go!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I don't know how to feel about it tbh.

Jills model just doesn't look right to me, feels like very little thought went into it, like others have said, very Lara Croft.

Thought they would have done something unique with her style considering how iconic she is, just looks meh.

Also, Nemesis doesn't look too promising in that department either not going to lie.

Will wait for more gameplay before I make a proper judgement but my first impressions are kind of "eh"
They should have used Voth again, i really don't know why they swapped models.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seen the trailer here is my takeaway:

1. looks like we will get a lot of story on RPDs last stand against zombies. Trying bring order in a city on chaos

2. Ma boy Brad gets more character development like Marvin

3. Nemesis is created like the 2nd movie? Human turned Tyrant? But we will get his backstory looks like it.

Jill looks a bit Lara Crofty. Dont like the new Carlos. Dimitri looks great.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Going by the screenshots, the game looks really good and I am now more excited that my initial impressions with the trailer. The sound mixing was poor and the voices weren't properly synced to characters mouths when speaking. I hope they release a better trailer soon.
I think it's one of those cases where trailer doesn't do the actual game any justice. I agree that the trailer could have been a lot better. This running on a high end PC will be insane.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First person? 🤔🤔
7pNjq6aBkk36VWZ3hWiueN-1440-80.jpg

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I read this in Capcom's post:

"As if that isn't enough, Jill will have to contend with the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, or U.B.C.S., a private military force run by the very company that sparked the outbreak."

So, human enemies too? Reminds me of HL1 and the HECU.

I'm up for this. Good shit! Keeps the action vibe of RE3 going in the remake!

Oct 27, 2017
Okay. Rewatched the trailer once again.

The english being dubbed over the trailer sounds like it is the reason it sounds off. That was the only thing I felt was disapointing. I like Jill's design more and more. I have a pretty good feeling about the remake so far.

Additional Developer Information

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I also can say this now, the "not Capcom Division 1" comment I made a long time ago everyone mistook for me saying it was outsourced, it's being made by M-Two, Inc., who is a new... second party studio for Capcom? This is their first game, but various ex-Capcom staff are working at it. They are the primary devs of REmake 3, though Division 1 stepped in more after the success of REmake 2. Think of M-Two, Inc. like Retro Studios is to Nintendo. RE3 will be their first game, but they'll be working with Capcom on other RE Engine games in the future to speed up development and have more teams on hand.

But that's what I meant a year ago when I said Capcom Division 1 wasn't making it, but many took it to mean I meant it was outsourced.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Brad seemingly getting an expanded role is a nice addition, considering the poor guy doesn't get to do much before Nemesis gets him.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
omg gameplay in the developers message, it looks amazing. You can dodge like the original too.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Maximillian Dood is watching a gameplay video on twitch right now. It looks amazing, someone find this video!!!

It has Jill fighting in the city. Looks like a developer overview

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I can't hear Nemesis say "STARS" i have watched this trailer many times and apparently he says it when shes escaping that corridor that leads outside but I never heard anything like that?
It's there, I heard it with my headphones. As soon as she falls down and you see a glimpse of Nemesis you can hear it. Sounded way thicker too, love it!!!

This game is being pre ordered as soon as they allow it. My favorite RE game.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to feel about it tbh.

Jills model just doesn't look right to me, feels like very little thought went into it, like others have said, very Lara Croft.

Thought they would have done something unique with her style considering how iconic she is, just looks meh.

Also, Nemesis doesn't look too promising in that department either not going to lie.

Will wait for more gameplay before I make a proper judgement but my first impressions are kind of "eh"

I'll use your own point against you: If you were pressed for time and in the middle of a zombie outbreak, would you have time to spruce yourself up and dress in anything other than normal clothes? What would be the impetus behind looking anything other than normal given the circumstances?

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I miss Jill's shirt around her waste, I really hoped she would still have it in her redesign.
Always my favorite part of her old design.

Don't care at all about the tube top.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest trick Capcom ever pulled was convincing the world that Jill's classic look made sense. City burning down outside? Better put on this tube top and skirt.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan

Uh oh. I have a bad feeling about this.

I also can say this now, the "not Capcom Division 1" comment I made a long time ago everyone mistook for me saying it was outsourced, it's being made by M-Two, Inc., who is a new... second party studio for Capcom? This is their first game, but various ex-Capcom staff are working at it. They are the primary devs of REmake 3, though Division 1 stepped in more after the success of REmake 2. Think of M-Two, Inc. like Retro Studios is to Nintendo. RE3 will be their first game, but they'll be working with Capcom on other RE Engine games in the future to speed up development and have more teams on hand.

But that's what I meant a year ago when I said Capcom Division 1 wasn't making it, but many took it to mean I meant it was outsourced.

... Hmm.