• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

speedwagen

Oct 27, 2017
UK, London
I also can say this now, the "not Capcom Division 1" comment I made a long time ago everyone mistook for me saying it was outsourced, it's being made by M-Two, Inc., who is a new... second party studio for Capcom? This is their first game, but various ex-Capcom staff are working at it. They are the primary devs of REmake 3, though Division 1 stepped in more after the success of REmake 2. Think of M-Two, Inc. like Retro Studios is to Nintendo. RE3 will be their first game, but they'll be working with Capcom on other RE Engine games in the future to speed up development and have more teams on hand.

But that's what I meant a year ago when I said Capcom Division 1 wasn't making it, but many took it to mean I meant it was outsourced.
do you know if they are US based or Japan based?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
They should have given Classic Nemesis as well.

I can't get around the nose or the piano teeth.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jill's original outfit is definitely iconic.

It was also stupid and out of place even back when the game came out. The series has had much better looks for its characters combining practical and stylish.
The new costume isn't much more practical. One of the big criticisms of the original was how exposed to bites she was, and the new one does little to fix that.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the nemesis design again here:

49198413273_fbf08a47b1_k.jpg

Looks like it's not just a stylish trench anymore, and more resembles it's actual purpose in lore: a restraint/power limiter.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This is going to sound strange but I really hope that dodge is shit. At least in the original the timing was weird and you didn't have a lot of control of it but that dodge looks like it will make zombies a fucking joke. Like I hope they make the timing window really small.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is just annoying. Is it possible people unentheused by the design might also have been outraged if Jill's redesign put her in a bra?

I don't understand this eagerness to jump to it being sexist. Is finding the redesign dull beyond the pale?
What a jerky post. I don't personally give two shits what the characters look like quite frankly but not everyone that finds her redesign dull is some sort of horny macho moron, give me a break.

Yeah, good points, apologies for the generalization.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
She looks amazing.

And for those who wished for the original design, it's there too. Win/win all around.

untitledb1kni.png

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if RE3 will be semi-open world or if it'll have progression like Dead Space where you use the subway to access different areas of the city/levels.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I love the Ripley/Aliens vibe im getting. No one believing Jill while she suffers from ptsd.. then confronting her fears

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Great news. Get this game out and out of the way so Capcom can focus on the 40-hour super-remake of RE4.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if RE3 will be semi-open world or if it'll have progression like Dead Space where you use the subway to access different areas of the city/levels.
The first half of the game will be semi-open world, not full open world but there's a lot to explore. You can explore a big chunk of Raccoon City and there's completely optional areas and things to do, and various paths through the city to take as you're pursued by Nemesis.

Once you get the subway train rolling and go to the Clock Tower, it gets more linear. It's basically an expansion of what was in the original RE3.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
Watched the gameplay segment, they improved jills moveset over RE2 Leon/Clair.

This game looks so good.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was just straight up stuff from RE2, even the voice line. Nothing indictive about what's in RE3, the only share the police station and RE3 it's breifly
Even if it does appear in RE3, I really loathe the insistence that RE3 is mostly reused assets and nothing original of its own. People play the RPD for a few minutes and somehow come to the conclusion that it's the majority of RE3. I'm certain people just never played the game and heard over the years that RE3 has a single location that's from RE2. That's it.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
*People complaining they fixed Jill's super sexaulised design*

Always happens. Maybe you don't like when a woman's clothes don't pander to you?!
*Because Jill doesn't wear a super sexualised outfit*

"IT LOOKS RUSHED GUYS RUSHED!'

This community something...
Because it isn't catering to horny teenage boys.
They took a sexist costume and made it badass.
Jill looks so fucking badass now.

Guess that's too insulting to the waifu fans here though?

Can you please stop with this
It's perfectly ok to not like the new look of an incredibly well established character. Doesn't mean anyone that does is sexist, jfc.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The first half of the game will be semi-open world, not full open world but there's a lot to explore. You can explore a big chunk of Raccoon City and there's completely optional areas and things to do, and various paths through the city to take as you're pursued by Nemesis.

Once you get the subway train rolling and go to the Clock Tower, it gets more linear. It's basically an expansion of what was in the original RE3.
Ooooh, semi-open world you say? The possibilities

Nov 28, 2017
Preordering just like RE2make. Still have to finish both my Claire Bs on the OG and '19 version and beat OG RE3 so April is perfect.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Yet they still gave the trench coat to Mr. X 🤦‍♀️

Mr X was more of a finished and loyal 'product' with the purpose of passing as human from a distance. The design of nemesis being plastered with warning and caution labels, visible locked collar and restraints, it's clear he's more of an unstable experimental prototype that probably shouldn't have been released, but desperate measures and all.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
looks great and Jill's new look is awesome - looks pretty reasonable for the circumstance. I always found the tube top in this game just super over the top sexualized and off-putting, even when it released.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I generally haven't been up for multiplayer games over the past few years. Too busy with kids but since this is included and I love me some L4D style games, I may give it a go.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017

Sounds fantastic. So at a guess are we looking at a substantially longer game than the original all things considered?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I do think Jill looks a bit boring, almost like reboot Lara Croft with that top choice but it's also a much more practical choice too. I really hope they add all the extra costumes in to the game and that RE Engine doesn't stop them (ie. The RE1 costume and Regina costumes)

But I absolutely need to see the rest of the game and hope that they somehow expand the supporting cast or setpieces like they did with 2.

Excited regardless. Surprised we didn't hear Nemesis speak in this trailer. They really have to nail that and not sure how they'll top the original.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
funny how this got leaked due to PSN but it´s not even up yet for pre-orders :D would think they would time the store to update as soon as the trailer runs...

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I really hope this is done better than The Evil Within 2 because everything you said, while promising, gives me flashbacks to that game. I thought The Evil Within 2 had a perfect semi-open world in the early part of the game that became way too linear for its own good as time went on. I really started disliking that game by the half-way point because of how narrow and rigid it became.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the trailer, fuck it looks so good. And when you thought 2020 could not get more stacked.

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston
Nah, I'm hoping either no more remakes, or Code Veronica. 4 is already on PS4 and still plays damn good, the best we have for CV is a PS2 classics port, and personally I could really go for a good remake of that game. Once I get that.... I'd really like a Sweet Home remake from Capcom. Then RE4.
Probably Code Veronica to have the trio with Chris. RE4 is in a should and shouldn't get a remake situation since its still a game that gets ported and played today.

Good points.
I'd be down for a Code Veronica remake.
Its the furthest i've gotten in a Resident Evil game - I got to the part in the plane where you have to hit a switch to throw some bad guy off the plane.