• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame they ditched the tram and have gone with the metropolis Raccoon City. More trash movie influence. Don't point at Outbreak, that is when the movie copying started.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The train looks so much better and more realistic! We'll probably have a sequence were Nemesis marches through and just kills everyone.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shame they ditched the tram and have gone with the metropolis Raccoon City. More trash movie influence. Don't point at Outbreak, that is when the movie copying started.

I'm not sure what is so fascinate about Tram. I mean it's just a train on the road. So they move it down underground and it's now trash?
RE2 ending must be trash in your eyes as well.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure what is so fascinate about Tram. I mean it's just a train on the road. So they move it down underground and it's now trash?
He's been attacking everything new in the remake, I think they just want to be miserable.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just use the ignore feature. It makes threads more readable when people who are endlessly negative are quieted.

(Not trying to be negative; its just the honest truth.)

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care enough to be bothered with Revelations 2 after looking into it. Had nothing to do with the first one, never really liked Claire until REmake 2, didn't like Moira at all, hated the idea of going back to the full game co-op focus that had just been relaxed a bit in Rev 1, and ultimately would've only been motivated by Barry coming back.
Moira, Alex, and Natalia are still the best things in RE

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Rev1 was Resident Evil at its most anime. Despite Jill having possibly the most sensible outfit she's ever had, Rev1 also contained possibly the most ridiculous female character designs in the series. Wasn't that the one where they started writing the dialogue in Japanese first?

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
It's like people who want to ditch the game because they haven't shown if there are spiders. They just want to have something to complain. If possible try to ignore them.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Rev1 was Resident Evil at its most anime. Despite Jill having possibly the most sensible outfit she's ever had, Rev1 also contained possibly the most ridiculous female character designs in the series. Wasn't that the one where they started writing the dialogue in Japanese first?
Everything outside of the ship was anime. On the ship felt more classic RE for the most part.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Mixed feelings on ditching the streetcar for a subway train, but I'm not reminded of the live-action movies at all with the remakes' re-imagining of Raccoon City. I would say that what they're going with makes it seem more plausible to picture it as a city with a population of 100,000 as it was said to be, whereas the old version seemed more like 10,000.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy they modernized Raccoon City. Even the RPD looks like more modern and relatable in the Remake. The subway was even teased in RE2R. It's much better than a tram. Resident Evil is at its best when it has more realistic everyday environments that you can relate to.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Subway works way better than a tram. Hopefully the whole subway is fully explorable and not just a platform and the train.

Jul 24, 2018
Modern as in more realistic. For example, the streets of Raccoon City in RE3 felt more like I was in an outside mall and the RPD in RE2 didn't even have a bathroom.
Thought the streets looked fine in the original, but you can always improve without completely altering iconic areas (wasn't big on the design of the lab in RE2R) like in the original remake, and I don't see how a tram is considered unrealistic(unless I am misunderstanding your point). Plenty of Metropolitan cities still has one. The lack of a bathroom wasn't really a thing I thought much off initially in the original and more as "there probably is one but we just don't get to roam It" etc. Rain or shine, the new remakes still look pretty good though they do feel more like reimaginings rather than a replacement unlike the original remake.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Someone asked the face model for Nikolai on instagram if he knew other face models and he kinda slipped and told that he knew another one working for a different remake.

uRmI1kD.jpg

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Interesting. Could be a RE1 re-remake? The girl could fit Rebecca.

Probably not related to RE tho, according to Dusk's recent comments on the remakes.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland

It's more about turning Raccoon City from a small city with population of about 100 000 people, to a big city with sky-scrapers and an underground train. It was more believable that a corporation could control and sponsor a small city, not so much a big one.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It's more about turning Raccoon City from a small city with population of about 100 000 people, to a big city with sky-scrapers and an underground train. It was more believable that a corporation could control and sponsor a small city, not so much a big one.

I wouldn't really say it was the film series' fault: Capcom has grown Racoon City with each iteration. Remember that, by the end of Outbreak File #2, the city had a subway system, a major university, a large highway interchange and a city zoo.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Well, playing the Underbelly scenario hundreds of times were they presumably took the inspiration of the subway design, I'm all for this. Hell, any correlation to Outbreak outside of remaking or porting the damn game i'm all for.
Someone asked the face model for Nikolai on instagram if he knew other face models and he kinda slipped and told that he knew another one working for a different remake.

uRmI1kD.jpg
Interesting.....Just looked her up and yeah definitely Alexa Ashford from Code Veronica. She looks a bit too young to be Regina, but I can see that too. The natural blonde and overall look has me more so on the Code Veronica side for sure. I guess Rebecca is possible but I don't see RE1 Remake being remade again before Code Veronica.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
corporations controlling cities isnt a fictional concept lol

money buys everything in real life

Also, again, ya'll underestimate 100,000 people. I live near a city of that population and it's nearly identical to Raccoon City.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mixed feelings on ditching the streetcar for a subway train, but I'm not reminded of the live-action movies at all with the remakes' re-imagining of Raccoon City. I would say that what they're going with makes it seem more plausible to picture it as a city with a population of 100,000 as it was said to be, whereas the old version seemed more like 10,000.

The old seemed pretty accurate, and part of the lore was that a US football game was being played in the town so there was a lot of people in town for the game that usually wasn't, inflating the casualty numbers.

It was also more believable a single company could basically run a smaller town due to its investment, as that actually happens in real life.

With the switch to a metropolis a death toll of 100k seems super low, as there would typically be millions of people in a city that size.

Incase anyone wants to accuse me of hating again, god forbid I enjoy the lore of a series I've been playing 24 years or so.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Eh, of what we've seen of Nu-Raccoon City so far, I don't think any of it looks like a metropolis at all.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
corporations controlling cities isnt a fictional concept lol

money buys everything in real life

I know, but a single corporation controlling *everything* and funding *everyting* in the city is more belivable when it's a small city that completely depends on the corporation's money.

Also, again, ya'll underestimate 100,000 people. I live near a city of that population and it's nearly identical to Raccoon City.

Dunno, maybe it's an American thing, but in Poland even cities with ~200k populations seem rather small. A single district where I live has population of about 50k people. An underground train would be a weird thing to see here.

I wouldn't really say it was the film series' fault: Capcom has grown Racoon City with each iteration. Remember that, by the end of Outbreak File #2, the city had a subway system, a major university, a large highway interchange and a city zoo.

Yeah, I know. I doubt a subway system was inspired by the movies (was there even a subway system there?), it was more like another cool location to have.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The old seemed pretty accurate, and part of the lore was that a US football game was being played in the town so there was a lot of people in town for the game that usually wasn't, inflating the casualty numbers.

It was also more believable a single company could basically run a smaller town due to its investment, as that actually happens in real life.

With the switch to a metropolis a death toll of 100k seems super low, as there would typically be millions of people in a city that size.

Incase anyone wants to accuse me of hating again, god forbid I enjoy the lore of a series I've been playing 24 years or so.
i literally live right next to a university city, complete with nearly all the landmarks raccoon city has(Zoo, university, multiple museums, downtown full of skyscrapers) and its population is 115,000, and discounting Chicago suburbs, we're the third largest city in the state.

You people ridiculously overestimate the amount of people "needed" for a city.

Last edited: