• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I don't need a resume, I need gameplay. So far I didn't see any successful dodges. It could be that the players are new but the game informer footage I would say looked almost frustrating. They'd run from nemesis, he'd pull them down. Then they'd be stunlocked on the ground while nemesis did nothing. Then they get up and run away. He then jumps in front of them. Then they turn around or try to run past him. Then he tentacles them again. Hope it's just new players.

Also his footfalls should be much louder. I said this during the last trailer.

What you need is to see beyond... beyond what is there. Beyond to see the things that the gameplay implies and that can be therefore safely concluded!

The demo is from Capcom, so it's not actually recorded by the people that played the game. And we see many successful dodges, even against Nemesis.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Might have to revisit. Tbf it's been awhile for me since I touched CV, so maybe I'll see it a different light? Pun intended
Here's just one comparison quickly. The PS4 version is the PS2 one but emulated in HD:

MWNf9ouNAddQUT8OWFoDr2VIZs48mESjXMV-Ojk9Rmw.png

And this isn't even the more glaring example. There are moments where the PS3 version looks even better still.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I don't need a resume, I need gameplay. So far I didn't see any successful dodges. It could be that the players are new but the game informer footage I would say looked almost frustrating. They'd run from nemesis, he'd pull them down. Then they'd be stunlocked on the ground while nemesis did nothing. Then they get up and run away. He then jumps in front of them. Then they turn around or try to run past him. Then he tentacles them again. Hope it's just new players.

The preview uses the same b-roll footage. Sometimes no one is allowed to record & upload their own footage.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I think it's pretty rare in this medium actually to get a female protagonist who is explicitly attracted to men and actually does end up romantically involved with a man.

Closest I can think of is Chloe from the Uncharted series, but in the one game where she's playable she isn't actually romantically involved with anyone. Which I totally see why they did it, they didn't want their first female playable lead in the series to have her story defined by her boyfriend or whatever, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still rare.

Bayonetta is the only one I can think of who is "explicitly" into men, but while the teasing itself is extremely erotic, it never goes beyond that in any way. I don't think she even ever kissed a man in the games, did she?

Not to mention, in the context of Resident Evill, "a guy and a girl being platonic friends" is all we get for pretty much every guy-girl relationship in the series. Weird to ask what is so hard to understand. If anything, it's far too easy. People are asking for the exception, not more of the norm.
Resident Evil is one of few series with a set cast of main characters that isnt packed to the brim with constant straight love triangles, I'd rather it not be put into the bin with everything else that excludes us as much as humanly possible.

Heterosexuals arent starved of content

Dec 6, 2017
US
Same. The first time I saw it play out I thought it actually looks pretty bad. I thought the gif was initially made to highlight how bad it looked, not that it was worth praising.

Still very excited for the game. That's probably just some minor issue in what will otherwise be a fun time.

Oh no I totally agree. And listen, Mr. X gave me drama fits pre-release and then once I settled into the game I thought it was really fun to have him as a sort of moving barricade and maneuver around him.

If Nemesis is essentially a more fleshed-out and "interactive" version of that concept, great! I especially love item drops upon defeat because pumping my precious ammo into something that only slightly flinches with no reward wasn't worth it to me in REmake2 and I think I only actually fired on him in that Survivor side mode.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami

I think that's the point,in this version you are forced to fight him or find creative ways to stun him. According to the previews there is no running from him. He will grab you, he will jump in front of you, he won't let you off easy. I definitely saw people dodge Nemesis' punches, no clue about the tentacle. in the OG when he takes you to the floor he also just stands there, you have a certain amount of time to get up before he scoops you up which I wonder if that's in, without the button mashing though I wonder how they implement that.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone mention anything about ammo and stuff, it looks like there's a decent amount more enemies this time around and the nemesis is more prevalent. I saw that you could use the environment like shooting generators at times but it seems like there's a lot more going on in this one.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

You will shame your ancestors utilizing such cowardly tactics as that gameplay video used, Kev!
Fight him! Fight for glory!

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
A friend of mine just said he thought the camera looks more like resident evil 4 static to the shoulder than resident evil 2 remake freeish.

Is he right?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Anyone know if we can now aim/fire while on the ground? There's the ground dodge from RE6 and another idle on the ground animation that indicate Jill wont stand up automatically after being knocked down, Nemesis also have an attack that seem to target Jill while she's knocked down!

A friend of mine just said he thought the camera looks more like resident evil 4 static to the shoulder than resident evil 2 remake freeish.

Is he right?
Looks exactly like RE2!

Last edited:

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I do hope retro menu sounds is already a toggle in the options this time. Feels pretty cozy having it in RE2.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

You can hear the save room theme in this video at 15:47. Sounds just like the original.
So good, but It better not just be for when you enter the first save room and it plays the quick jingle then you never hear it again like in RE2. The lack of soundtrack in RE2 was one of my biggest disappointments.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Here's just one comparison quickly. The PS4 version is the PS2 one but emulated in HD:

MWNf9ouNAddQUT8OWFoDr2VIZs48mESjXMV-Ojk9Rmw.png

And this isn't even the more glaring example. There are moments where the PS3 version looks even better still.

Not to mention PS4 is in 4:3...

The PS3/360 remaster has benefits, but it also has drawbacks.

Some places are excessively dark because of the new lighting, and the game does a frankly terrible job of cropping/stretching the FMV files to accommodate the wide screen aspect ratio.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So good, but It better not just be for when you enter the first save room and it plays the quick jingle then you never hear it again like in RE2. The lack of soundtrack in RE2 was one of my biggest disappointments.

The Remake save room theme for RE2 is really good, too. Baffling decision to only have it play a single time in each room for just a few seconds.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'm so satisfied with the new jill design, still not the biggest fan of her basic outfit but her model looks fantastic

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The Remake save room theme for RE2 is really good, too. Baffling decision to only have it play a single time in each room for just a few seconds.
Yeah, from what little of the soundtrack was there it was actually pretty good. I loved the Super Tyrant boss music.
twitter.com

Resident Evil on Twitter

“Watch out... The Drain Deimos returns, and will be skittering its way to you when #RE3 launches on April 3rd.”

Guessing this is that other attack we haven't seen in the footage
This is reminding of the Novistador in RE4.

ThoseBowedCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
i'm so satisfied with the new jill design, still not the biggest fan of her basic outfit but her model looks fantastic

I'm the opposite, outfit looks great and Jill sounds like I'd expect, but the actual physical appearance still looks like someone playing Jill rather than just being Jill to me. I can't shake it for some reason.

It's dope that she has the quick dodges in this still, I like that little Witch Time sequence you get if you pull it off just right.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, from what little of the soundtrack was there it was actually pretty good. I loved the Super Tyrant boss music.
This is reminding of the Novistador in RE4.

ThoseBowedCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

Yea maybe mixed a bit with the Chimera from REmake.

The sadist in me is hoping there's a gnarly Alien-style chestburster death scene lol

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
I'm the opposite, outfit looks great and Jill sounds like I'd expect, but the actual physical appearance still looks like someone playing Jill rather than just being Jill to me. I can't shake it for some reason.

It's dope that she has the quick dodges in this still, I like that little Witch Time sequence you get if you pull it off just right.

i think nothing will ever top REmake jill for me, but i was worried when i saw the first couple screenshots.. something about her face seemed off but now i really like her new design

let's hope for some cool unlockable outfits next, personally i want to REmake outfit with the beret and the
RE5 battle suit

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

Resident Evil on Twitter

“Watch out... The Drain Deimos returns, and will be skittering its way to you when #RE3 launches on April 3rd.”

Guessing this is that other attack we haven't seen in the footage
I'm feeling a bit better about how glass cannon those things are. I'd rather not have it be so hearty with such a nasty attack. We already have the Hunter Gamma at least for that.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
I'm feeling a bit better about how glass cannon those things are. I'd rather not have it be so hearty with such a nasty attack. We already have the Hunter Gamma at least for that.
It doesn't kill you straight away, Famitsu & Eurogamer reported you go onto a state of 'parasite' (like poisoned) with Jill moving slower, and a 'veins' effect appearing on the screen. You need to use a green herb to cure it. (Jill vomits it all up lol). It's only if you don't have a herb that eventually it kills you. Maybe it'll be like the Raskaplanje things in 6? That was chest burster-esque

fireseal

Oct 28, 2017
RE6 has sold more than RE2make though if I'm not mistaken.
If you are talking about of 7 years of RE6s' lifespan, then you did not understand the context of my previous post.
Yes, RE6 sold more copies LTD, but the original goal was to sell 7 million units within 2013's fiscal year, which was a failure. It sold between 4 and 4,5 million units within that time period (Oct 13 and Mar 14). 3,5 million were preorders, but after reviews, the game kinda lost its' legs. It was very harsh for a mainline title at the time.

RE2 Remake sold more than the original before the end of the fiscal year. Two different beasts. It will certainly overtake RE6 and even 5 in the long run.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone mention anything about ammo and stuff, it looks like there's a decent amount more enemies this time around and the nemesis is more prevalent. I saw that you could use the environment like shooting generators at times but it seems like there's a lot more going on in this one.

From the previews I heard that there's much more than RE2, but the enemies (outside the zombies) seem to take more to down still so I get the impression that it's still about the same scarcity as RE2 Remake considering the larger amount of enemies and that you engage them.

Caught up with all the previews and Videos and man it sure is looking to be better than RE2Remake. Really love the new dodge. It's an evolution of the perfect dodge in the best way possible. It feels actiony enough to still keep the Scariness of RE in tact while not making it feel like a suplex, kicking Action fest like the later games. A great balance from what I'm seeing. You have a good sense of empowerment, but not enough to take away the fear it feels like. My God Nemesis is going to be a bitch in this one. He can fucking dash in front of you MY GOD. Can't wait!

Last edited:

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I cannot handle Re2 on anything other than the easiest difficulty. Cant wait to play this one in easy too.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
I'm not worried about them toning down the zombie gore.
I just want this back:
Apparently Jill dies in a gruesome way if she's infected with the parasite planted by the Drain Deimos. I picture it bursting from her stomach if she doesn't heal with an herb (which in turn has been confirmed that makes her vomit the parasite!)

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I'm not worried about them toning down the zombie gore.
I just want this back:
Well just from the footage, we see Jill get folded in half like she's a goddamn piece of paper with the Hunter Gammas, which is just brutal in my opinion. Add that to the mention that Drain Deimos can implant you with an embryo or egg or something that you need to heal to spit up or you die, that's gonna be pretty awful I imagine too.

The only truly brutal, gory death in REmake 2 were the zombie ones and already we've seen that REmake 3 is going to be just as harsh, if not more so. I think we got the horrible deaths coming back, baby.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Well just from the footage, we see Jill get folded in half like she's a goddamn piece of paper with the Hunter Gammas, which is just brutal in my opinion. Add that to the mention that Drain Deimos can implant you with an embryo or egg or something that you need to heal to spit up or you die, that's gonna be pretty awful I imagine too.

The only truly brutal, gory death in REmake 2 were the zombie ones and already we've seen that REmake 3 is going to be just as harsh, if not more so. I think we got the horrible deaths coming back, baby.
I hope your right.
The Hunters could lop your head of in the original games.
If they can't in this it will be super lame.