• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Without paying extra hopefully lol.

On the reddit thread where a guy has watched loads of the different previews he's found one outlet saying the soundtrack is purely a remixed version of the originals soundtrack, so it won't be dlc.

I hope your right.
The Hunters could lop your head of in the original games.
If they can't in this it will be super lame.

Also regarding the gore a lot of people speculating for the b roll they were playing the Japanese censored version, which is re2 removed a lot of that.

fireseal

Oct 28, 2017
I NEED this!!!

5lnpjl9jl4j41.png
Is this official?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is going to sound like blasphemy but I really hope that if they ever re-remake the first one, they'll redesign the outfits. The shoulder pads looks so dumb with today graphics, I can't.

I agree, the shoulder pads need to go. The rest can stay but give her a vest like Rebecca and the others do and it'll be great.

Oct 31, 2017
this looks so fucking good I can't.

The people behind these two remakes are 100% equipped to properly remake RE4. Fuck yes they are. Everyone needs to stop saying that RE4 doesn't need a remake or that no one could do it justice. The people behind these games know what the fuck they are doing.

And then they should remake 5, 6, and 7, REmake, and then they should re-remake 2

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I have a faith if they do STARS outfit it will look great recreated in the RE engine.
I just take it for granted. Maybe it's a bad idea but how can you not put that in as an unlock? The retro RE3 original one is a pre-order bonus this time so what do you unlock for beating the game in various difficulties?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
On the reddit thread where a guy has watched loads of the different previews he's found one outlet saying the soundtrack is purely a remixed version of the originals soundtrack, so it won't be dlc.

Also regarding the gore a lot of people speculating for the b roll they were playing the Japanese censored version, which is re2 removed a lot of that.
That would make a ton of sense. The Japan version for RE2remake is ridiculously censored. Especially considering they were distributing the same footage to all of the media from what I gathered, probably wanted to play it youtube safe since they've been cracking down on video game violence(i believe unintentionally mistaking it as real life violence) from the youtube vids i've seen regarding similar games. Mortal Kombat vids for example have been getting demonetized so people are doing tricks to circumvent it like changing the color of blood in post and stuff like that.

Last edited:

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
They're not going to get rid of the shoulder pads y'all. It's just as intrinsic to what makes the classic design iconic as the beret.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
So this is going to sound like blasphemy but I really hope that if they ever re-remake the first one, they'll redesign the outfits. The shoulder pads looks so dumb with today graphics, I can't.

I'll further divulge into blasphemy, and say they should just leave the original alone as is. We already got a good enough remake from that game.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
The RockPaperShotgun preview threw a hint about a new mechanic,i'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.
Nemesis can empower regular zombies,maybe he infects them with his virus? Super zombie Brad? Or a new take on the crimson heads mechanic perhaps?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I would expect all player deaths to be censored just as they were even in RE2R
In the new footage we see Jill get severed in half by the Hunter Gamma, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Nemesis looks bloody ridiculous with his super thin waste and dorky face.

Not even remotely scary anymore

Mr X looked pretty goofy, didn't stop him from being terrifying in context. I don't really see it though, I think new nemmy looks really fucking cool.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna need someone to put some Yakuza zero boss fight music over one of these Nemesis appearances.

Oct 25, 2017
They're not going to get rid of the shoulder pads y'all. It's just as intrinsic to what makes the classic design iconic as the beret.
Going by Capcom the RE3 outfit is more iconic for Jill and they changed it.
Leon's RPD costume is also extremely iconic and they changed it as well.

Im glad they aren't messing with the guy's STARS uniforms.
The only real change I'd accept for Chris is the additional layer for pouches the movie version added
c06630023cc582c171a016ce4d92e7f9.jpg

One of the few good things the movie franchise had

Last edited:

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Let's be real: It's going to be a 4.5 hour game again. REmake 2 mitigated that by having two characters, but from the sounds of it they are really stressing Project RE as the way to get your money's worth. I was hoping for RE 7 length (about 9 or 10 hours), but that sounds really optomistic now.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Going by Capcom the RE3 outfit is more iconic for Jill and they changed it.

They changed it but the skirt wasn't really the iconic part for RE3 Jill, it was mainly the blue top which is still present. (The classic RE3 costume is still in the game as well)

Leon's RPD costume is also extremely iconic and they changed it as well.

Eh, they didn't deviate too much from the original RPD clothes and it's nowhere near the level of iconography in the RE series than RE1 S.T.A.R.S Jill.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real: It's going to be a 4.5 hour game again. REmake 2 mitigated that by having two characters, but from the sounds of it they are really stressing Project RE as the way to get your money's worth. I was hoping for RE 7 length (about 9 or 10 hours), but that sounds really optomistic now.
3 year development time for a 4.5 hour campaign?