• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Let's be real: It's going to be a 4.5 hour game again. REmake 2 mitigated that by having two characters, but from the sounds of it they are really stressing Project RE as the way to get your money's worth. I was hoping for RE 7 length (about 9 or 10 hours), but that sounds really optomistic now.

Hm, I don't know why did RE7 took you so long, it's a 6 hours game at most. Resident Evil as always been a series with short games.
And Project RE isn't a way to "mitigate" RE3 length. Hell, I don't see why you would ever think REmake 3 would be long when the original is quite short.

Nov 20, 2019
FbCRELj.jpg

Might wanna brush up on your anatomy if you think legs can bend this far back. Her legs aren't attached anymore.
Gymnastics?

Oct 25, 2017
Don't care that much about length, but I do care about replayability, and I hope I do find it replayable.

I don't really need in-game incentives, though. As long as I love the game, the campaign is well paced and there isn't too much bullshit getting in the way of gameplay, I'll replay it.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
They changed it but the skirt wasn't really the iconic part for RE3 Jill, it was mainly the blue top which is still present. (The classic RE3 costume is still in the game as well)

Eh, they didn't deviate too much from the original RPD clothes and it's nowhere near the level of iconography in the RE series than RE1 S.T.A.R.S Jill.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to agree with them. RE1 Jill isn't nearly as iconic as RE3 Jill was. I remember someone posting a list of the most used outfits in the series and Leon's RPD outfit has been in more games then RE1 Jill. Hell, even Chris RE1 outfit has seen more use.
Also, the blue top isn't what made RE3 Jill "iconic", it's the skirt. That's the thing a lot of people are mad that they changed (for the better imo.)

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
FbCRELj.jpg

Might wanna brush up on your anatomy if you think legs can bend this far back. Her legs aren't attached anymore.
I mean, it is just her feet and calves we see poking out :P

Still, though, her body's snapping back like a twig, not "severed" perse. I just miss the original RE1-3 & RE4 player deaths which were all very explicitly uncensored. I don't want camera tricks like the RE2R Ivy beheading, I want explicit gore when I screw up >.>

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Don't care that much about length, but I do care about replayability, and I hope I do find it replayable.

I don't really need in-game incentives, though. As long as I love the game, the campaign is well paced and there isn't too much bullshit getting in the way of gameplay, I'll replay it.
Its RE, this entire series is basically about insane replay value :P

Feb 16, 2018
As long as there are multiple difficulties and cool unlockables I don't care if the length is similar to RE2 or RE7. Resident Evil is at its best with a tightly paced campaign, it's hard to make a game like this with RE4s length and get the pacing as tight as it is in that game.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it is just her feet and calves we see poking out :P

Still, though, her body's snapping back like a twig, not "severed" perse. I just miss the original RE1-3 & RE4 player deaths which were all very explicitly uncensored. I don't want camera tricks like the RE2R Ivy beheading, I want explicit gore when I screw up >.>
I suggest you watch it in slow motion, you can clearly see that the torso gets pulled even further into the hunters mouth while the feet stay in the same place, unless she's mr fantastic and has some stretch armstrong skills we're not yet aware of. It's definitely not as explicit as a RE4 death scene, but it's totally there.

FbCRELj.jpg

w6PdGd4.png

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I suggest you watch it in slow motion, you can clearly see that the torso gets pulled even further into the hunters mouth while the feet stay in the same place, unless she's mr fantastic and has some stretch armstrong skills we're not yet aware of. It's definitely not as explicit as a RE4 death scene, but it's totally there.

FbCRELj.jpg

w6PdGd4.png

This is so much worse then anything RE4 did.

And yet, you know someone is going to fap to this.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
That's been the only bummer about these Remakes. They're released speedy enough, but we're missing out on the depth of features the originals came with
Was my #1 complaint with RE2. Absolutely loved the game, beaten it 12+ times, but it's so ridiculously bare bones. That and the lack of story DLC was incredibly disappointing. Especially when the possibilities were endless.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017

FbCRELj.jpg

w6PdGd4.png
I see what you mean, hard to notice as it goes by quickly. I just hope the hunter beta decapitation kill isn't censored >.> (I'm assuming this one is the Hunter Gamma)

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
That's been the only bummer about these Remakes. They're released speedy enough, but we're missing out on the depth of features the originals came with

I'm still hella pissed to this day about the lack of a proper A/B scenario, which I have no idea how the ball was dropped on that. The game seems like another breeze like RE2 Remake, which I'm mixed on.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like the new Capcom team in charge of this one is putting their own action-oriented spin on it. Super interested to see how it turns out.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty obvious why, it was a lot of work.

well it's a lot of work for something mostly only the diehards will experience. I say that because of all the people who played RE2 remake I wonder how many of them finished one play through let alone a 2nd run? By no means is RE2 a huge game but it's no secret that a lot of people buy games and never finish them. Hell I wonder how many people who bought the original RE2 back in the day completed all the scenarios? The vast majority probably did one A scenario play through and that was it.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
It's certainly no true A/B, but I found playing Claire first, then Leon second gives you 3 new bosses on the second playthrough which really helps to keep it fresh.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
well it's a lot of work for something mostly only the diehards will experience. I say that because of all the people who played RE2 remake I wonder how many of them finished one play through let alone a 2nd run? By no means is RE2 a huge game but it's no secret that a lot of people buy games and never finish them. Hell I wonder how many people who bought the original RE2 back in the day completed all the scenarios? The vast majority probably did one A scenario play through and that was it.
PS4 trophy statistics account for 52.4% of players finishing the game as Leon, and only 39.3% as Claire (with RE.net determining that around 80% of people picked Leon when first starting the game). No separate trophies distinguishing 1st scenario playthroughs from 2nd.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019

thia. enjoyed re7 & re2remake because of this, & expect i'll be enjoying re3remake for the same reason...

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When a zombie is laying on the ground can you kick its head off?
I am disappointed nobody got this reference.

(Original RE3 in the demo allowed Jill to sometimes kick off a zombie's head if it was downed and tried grabbing her. The head would roll away. In the final release it was censored and Jill just stamps on the head. However over the years many people have sprung up in search for uncensored copies, to a point its kinda a joke).

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
That mechanic - kicking zombies' heads when they grab you by the leg - was also in RE1 and RE2, and I think in those games you could kick zombies' heads off.

Anyway, I really hope RE3 adds the possibility to kick a zombie when it grabs you by the leg (with or without kicking the head off). It was kind of stupid that both Leon and Claire, in their high leather shoes, were completely helpless when attacked by a laying zombie.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Having never played the original (actually never played any RE game), I'm blown away by this. Alien isolation got competition!!

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I couldn't play the original one because of Nemesis, even when it was pixelated lol.
Seriously, I'd love to play this but it looks scarier than RE2.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how just because the game now doesn't have a completely trivial feature that would do nothing but slow the game down for you to pick from two options that basically equate to 'left or right', it's now going to be 'linear' and not that long of a game. Despite, y'know, complete free reign of a city with about 10x the explorable environments and 10x the size of the original city. And let's not forget that the live selection is pretty much dynamic now and evolves around the choices YOU make naturally in the game. Stuff like running from Nemesis or stopping to fight him is the exact same as the original game, except now there's no big text box telling you that there's an option.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Hm, I don't know why did RE7 took you so long, it's a 6 hours game at most. Resident Evil as always been a series with short games.
And Project RE isn't a way to "mitigate" RE3 length. Hell, I don't see why you would ever think REmake 3 would be long when the original is quite short.

My first playthrough of these games is always a long affair and so it should be. You want to soak it up as much as possible and avoid missing anything.

Subsequent playthroughs hell yeah blitz through it then.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Some of you need to refresh your memory about the live action choices,like 90% of them are trivial at best if you are worried about multiple paths/branching story and whatnot,original game still follow the same path regardless of your choices.
Same with the mutiple endings thing,it's basically the same cutscene with a small difference.
I bet they'll kill nicholai,let's be honest the guy is irrelevant and being dead or alive doesn't change a thing,it's been like 20 years and he never came back.
And Barry saves Jill and Carlos,that's it.

Last edited:

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Lol, what if they change the ending completely and Chris comes back from Europe to save Jill/Carlos and that's how we get our new first look at Chris's model.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely love the fact they addressed the light criticism about the OST from 2. Hearing that save room theme is a thing of beauty.

And also the ''It's up to us to take out Umbrella!'' song being included is amazing.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Some of you need to refresh your memory about the live action choices,like 90% of them are trivial at best if you are worried about multiple paths/branching story and whatnot,original game still follow the same path regardless of your choices.

Yes, the main path is the same, but there are at least two choices that have greater impact on the game: change where you begin certain sections of the game (Clock Tower, Dead Factory), modify a boss fight (Nemesis at Clock Tower could have his rocket launcher destroyed before the fight), add a new optional boss fight and kill off a character etc. Sure, they aren't anything groundbreaking, but they are similar to the "2nd run" in REmake 2 in how they change the playthrough.

Plus, thanks to the live selection, "open-ish" game design (you could choose which location you visit first in the city, and which floor you go to first in the hospital) and randomized items/enemies/puzzles each playthrough feels fresh. It was nice to still see something new and surprising after beating the game for the n-th time.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jill looking like a proper snack (A sandwich maybe?)

Kidding apart, the renders are just so fucking good.This engine was made with black magic.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The original game already has some choices you can take even if they don't appear in a live selection anyway. Like if you go to the newspaper or the restaurant first.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
RE3 has always been a really short game. I expect the remake to be longer and Resistance to be boring after a few rounds. No Mercenaries was a huge blow to this imo.... At best I'll probably get the Platinum if it's that short and enjoy going through in hopefully different outfits.