• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The weird thing about the RE2 menu screen is how it doesn't match the vibrant neon lights and the aesthetic of the city in RE3.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The RockPaperShotgun preview threw a hint about a new mechanic,i'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.
Nemesis can empower regular zombies,maybe he infects them with his virus? Super zombie Brad? Or a new take on the crimson heads mechanic perhaps?
This would be fucking awesome if true
I'm glad they focused on having a clear and great campaign instead of trying to add as much as possible.
I personally would've liked at least choices like before. If they're "hidden", that's fine too I guess.
Damn it... this is going to be another bare bones release as far as DLC goes too I bet
Eh I felt the RE2remake DLC was pretty substantial. Sure they were "what if" non canon scenarios, but they felt like legitimate additional content if you ask me.

I am disappointed nobody got this reference.

(Original RE3 in the demo allowed Jill to sometimes kick off a zombie's head if it was downed and tried grabbing her. The head would roll away. In the final release it was censored and Jill just stamps on the head. However over the years many people have sprung up in search for uncensored copies, to a point its kinda a joke).
I could've sworn you could still do it in the game. Or maybe i'm getting that mixed up with RE2 or RE1
same here.
didn't even bother playing the 2nd run.
sooo disappointing..
My hope and suspicion is that we'll get a RE2remake director's cut when the next gen consoles comes out. Adds legitimate A/B Scenario zapping system for RE2 like the original, adding substantial content akin to the original RE2 and a randomizer mode.
The lack of Mercenaries truly blows. I mean, that's just stupid. Resistance seems like filler material to me. Why every game needs some sort of GAAS feature? Gives me headaches.
My guess is that it'll be DLC. Mercenaries was such an integral aspect of RE3 and the future games, I find it hard to believe it not being added. My guess is that they didn't want to detract from RE Resistance since they know folks will play that over Resistance if given the choice.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I am so hyped for this game. If not for Sekiro's brilliance last year, RE2 would've been my GOTY. Such a sublime experience.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
No live selections, hm. But what if we can decide on our own without actually selecting stuff from a list? Like for exmaple if they (hopefully!) keep the iconic scene with Nemesis in front of the RPD. Instead of freezing the game and letting us choose via live selection if Jill should fight or run into the police station, we can do that on our own? Either stay outside, fight him or just run into the building. They could do the same for the other live selections as well. Well, maybe not for all of them. I can think of a couple where they would need prompts and stuff.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My hope and suspicion is that we'll get a RE2remake director's cut when the next gen consoles comes out. Adds legitimate A/B Scenario zapping system for RE2 like the original, adding substantial content akin to the original RE2 and a randomizer mode.

My guess is that it'll be DLC. Mercenaries was such an integral aspect of RE3 and the future games, I find it hard to believe it not being added. My guess is that they didn't want to detract from RE Resistance since they know folks will play that over Resistance if given the choice.

Nice dreams, but very doubtful dreams.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would be fucking awesome if true

I personally would've liked at least choices like before. If they're "hidden", that's fine too I guess.

Eh I felt the RE2remake DLC was pretty substantial. Sure they were "what if" non canon scenarios, but they felt like legitimate additional content if you ask me.

I could've sworn you could still do it in the game. Or maybe i'm getting that mixed up with RE2 or RE1

Thats not substantial. Substantial would be a paid expansion, or actual new modes. Not 4 minisodes with no replay value beyond going for masks involving playable reused models. There was literally nothing new added outside the masks, which can only be worn in said mode.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
No live selections, hm. But what if we can decide on our own without actually selecting stuff from a list? Like for exmaple if they (hopefully!) keep the iconic scene with Nemesis in front of the RPD. Instead of freezing the game and letting us choose via live selection if Jill should fight or run into the police station, we can do that on our own? Either stay outside, fight him or just run into the building. They could do the same for the other live selections as well. Well, maybe not for all of them. I can think of a couple where they would need prompts and stuff.

Eh I mean I'd settle for it, but it's just not the same. Having the choice on screen put more weight(as minimal as most may have been) to what decision you'll make. Also adding the replayability was cool i felt. You were in some new locations you otherwise wouldn't have been able to visit and some aspects of the game you wouldn't have been able to visit as well. Even if one route is considered non-canon vs the other being canon was still sufficient enough. Just having a clearly stated choice felt a bit more empowering and fear inducing as well. The little panic moments of oh shit what should I do!?, i don't have much time! i felt were great moments and a staple to the game's identity.

Last edited:

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
The lack of Mercenaries truly blows. I mean, that's just stupid. Resistance seems like filler material to me. Why every game needs some sort of GAAS feature? Gives me headaches.

100%. Total bummer that Mercs is gone.

so much for my media blackout. Game is shaping up nicely and Nemesis looks like a pain in the ass, as he should be.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Thats not substantial. Substantial would be a paid expansion, or actual new modes. Not 4 minisodes with no replay value beyond going for masks involving playable reused models. There was literally nothing new added outside the masks, which can only be worn in said mode.
Ok substantial may have been overstating it a bit. I did feel it was reasonable for free dlc though. If we were given the choice I would have wanted some side story dlc of course.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Pretty sure that it's in RE2. I remember Claire playing soccer with some zombies head.
I always found it odd that in RE3 they changed it so Jill's kick doesn't decapitate them. Maybe they thought it was unrealistic, because the game is still very gory.

Code Veronica has to be the worst for the lack of gore though.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I mean I'd settle for it, but it's just not the same. Having the choice on screen put more weight(as minimal as most may have been) to what decision you'll make. Also adding the replayability was cool i felt. You were in some new locations you otherwise wouldn't have been able to visit and some aspects of the game you wouldn't have been able to visit as well. Even if one route is considered non-canon vs the other being canon was still sufficient enough. Just having a clearly stated choice felt a bit more empowering and fear inducing as well. The little panic moments of oh shit what should I do!?, i don't have much time! i felt were great moments and a staple to the game's identity.

Yeah, I agree. The randomness with some of the items you got also added to the great replaybility of the game. I'm just saying that it would be better than nothing, but of course that moment of panic "oh shit what to do" definitely was great and will sadly be lost. Because even if you get the chance to choose without the live selection now, you might not even know about it. Some can be a bit more obvious (like the RPD choice), others not (like the clock tower one) without the live selection. Of course, it that couldn't lead to any narrative changes because they said they don't want to put any in.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I always found it odd that in RE3 they changed it so Jill's kick doesn't decapitate them. Maybe they thought it was unrealistic, because the game is still very gory.

Code Veronica has to be the worst for the lack of gore though.
RE5 is pretty bad. At least going from RE4. So much was pointlessly toned back on the gore front.
They put the chainsaw dude back in, then censored the decapitation!
I don't know if RE6 was better. Never played it.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The worst thing about RE6 is its story imo.
It's absolute stupid non-sense, Simmons and Carla are trash-tier villains.
And its filled with plot-holes. Chris disappeared in China for 6 month and you tell me neither Jill or Claire went looking for him ?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I love every RE except RE0 and CV. And I still appreciate those titles. I think CV in particular has great potential as a remake.

RE3 is my fave of the original trilogy, though, so I'm stoked for this remake. I just wonder if the sinkhole worm is in.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Just checked the gameplay footage out for the first time and I still remain completely stunned at how Capcom has made the best comeback of any developer in recent years. This looks so goddamn incredible

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about RE6 is its story imo.
It's absolute stupid non-sense, Simmons and Carla are trash-tier villains.

The story of how one man was so horny for Ada it lead to the destruction of like half the world.

I like RE6 but man even as someone who likes cheesy non sense stories the main thru line stupid as hell.

I do like the character arcs for jake/sherry and Chris/piers though.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
We could've had female Wesker take on the mantle of main series villain in RE6 but no let's just waste that idea on Revelations 2 with a poor execution.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
We could've had female Wesker take on the mantle of main series villain in RE6 but no let's just waste that idea on Revelations 2 with a poor execution.
I thought Alex Wesker was very well-done in Revelations 2. But yeah, someone with the Wesker name should've been reserved for the mainline titles, just given the history there.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The story of how one man was so horny for Ada it lead to the destruction of like half the world.

I like RE6 but man even as someone who likes cheesy non sense stories the main thru line stupid as hell.

I do like the character arcs for jake/sherry and Chris/piers though.
Was it Leon?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I love every RE except RE0 and CV. And I still appreciate those titles. I think CV in particular has great potential as a remake.

RE3 is my fave of the original trilogy, though, so I'm stoked for this remake. I just wonder if the sinkhole worm is in.
This is me pretty much. I thought they already confirmed the worm is in!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
jtzi1kye4hj41.jpg

From the EDGE article. Goddamnit.
Dusk Golem what do you make of this ?
Good. Only RE2 and RE3 really needed a remake. Now focus on new titles or reboot other franchises.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
2nd run is just the same. you get ada instead of sherry and a new ending, but other than that..

there's actually more than that. For one whether you're doing 2nd or 1st both characters have some unique aspects about their campaign beyond the alternate playable characters. So the start of the 2nd run campaign is unique to the 2nd run & the character you pick, you get some lightly remixed versions of the same puzzles, your progression through the RPD is somewhat unique to the 2nd run & the character you pick and there's some other smaller differences. With Leon once you hit the sewers his 1st & 2nd run campaigns are basically the same and same goes for Claire once you get to the Sherry section. Also the 2nd run campaign has the additional final boss fight.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Code Veronica needs it IMO.

So far we've had great games remade to be great modern games. Imagine a game that was absolute garbage in its day being made great now. It'd be a like a new game.

it's funny you say that because that's how I feel about RE3. This remake will most likely make me a fan of RE3 as I previously hated RE3. It was easily my least favorite of the classic tank controls RE games.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
there's actually more than that. For one whether you're doing 2nd or 1st both characters have some unique aspects about their campaign beyond the alternate playable characters. So the start of the 2nd run campaign is unique to the 2nd run & the character you pick, you get some lightly remixed versions of the same puzzles, your progression through the RPD is somewhat unique to the 2nd run & the character you pick and there's some other smaller differences. With Leon once you hit the sewers his 1st & 2nd run campaigns are basically the same and same goes for Claire once you get to the Sherry section. Also the 2nd run campaign has the additional final boss fight.

That is like 5 mins worth of different content.

Oct 25, 2017
Alex in Rev2 is honestly done better than Wesker in 5(mostly), RE6 and anything in RE7
Rev2 is the true RE6 or at least RE7.
Sad they didn't give it a budget it deserves but honestly a sequel to it that brought Chris, Jill and Rebecca in would be my preferred series conclusion.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Revelations 2 was seriously fantastic. I loved it so much.... and Alex Wesker is amazing. I agree that she should have been a main villain though.