• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

www.gameinformer.com

Cover Reveal – Resident Evil 3

Capcom’s Resident Evil 3 is getting more than a facelift so we talked to the team and went hands-on with a section of the game staring Carlos Oliveira.
For issue 324 of Game Informer Magazine, we went hands-on with Resident Evil 3 and played through an exclusive segment of the game starring Umbrella's mercenary Carlos Oliveira. We talked with Capcom's producers and art team about how they reenvisioned Raccoon City and the monstrous Nemesis for this generation. Finally, we include our thoughts from our time with Resident Evil 3's Resistance mode, a 4v1 asymmetrical multiplayer game that is more fun than we expected and worth revisiting when Resident Evil 3 releases in April.

324c2jwd.jpg

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cool I guess, but I don't really need to know more. I was sold on it even before the trailer.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oh god. I believe no one has been allowed to talk about the Carlos sections till now. I can't wait to hear the details! Is anyone getting the issue?

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Look at this! I don't ever want to hear about Jill and Chris shipping again. Be gone.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
This is cool, and Andy and the GI crew always do a good job with covering information about the game but.... I don't really need more info on RE3.
Would've preferred something that we only got teased about like they did with Outriders (even if the game is meh)

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I need to avoid anything that hypes me up so there's less disappointment when it's delayed.

It isn't getting delayed for the same reason albums aren't getting delayed even if concerts are, and TV shows already airing are continuing to air, even if production on new episodes/seasons is frozen.

Delaying something so close to release simply because people can't walk into a store to get the game would be dumb, when at least two other avenues to get the content are present. This isn't getting delayed, neither is FFVII, and TLOU2 likely won't either.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Man, cannot wait for thise. Not sure it was worth creating a new thread for, but Fanatical had a chat with the model for Jill, Sasha Zotova.

Fanatical

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Why everyone love spiders, seriously i want to know what is so fun about them? 🤔

They're a cool enemy type that has a lot of potential to see realized in a modern TPS Resident Evil. We have yet to experience RE Engine spiders. That said I do like their implementation in RE5, but they're much smaller than the huge furry tarantula motherfuckers from the classic games.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Bought the digital for $4.99, legit feel like the only new piece of info is that Carlos dodge is some kind of "haymaker" he uses against Zombies lol.

What would a haymaker be? Anyway, that's actually interesting. I acutally thought Carlos shouldn't be able to dodge, but use defensive itens like RE2. Knowing that his dodge does't work in the same way is promising.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
"Like Jill, Carlos can avoid attacks at the last second, but instead of rolling out of danger, Carlos pivots then lunges forward with a wild haymaker that knocks his attackers to the ground."
What would a haymaker be? Anyway, that's actually interesting. I acutally thought Carlos shouldn't be able to dodge, but use defensive itens like RE2. Knowing that his dodge does't work in the same way is promising.

here is how GI described it"

Like Jill, Carlos can avoid attacks at the last second, but instead of rolling out of danger, Carlos pivots then lunges forward with a wild haymaker that knocks his attackers to the ground."

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

I knew I recognized the word from somewhere! I think that's Chris' combo punch right? Very hard to pull off in SP.

"Like Jill, Carlos can avoid attacks at the last second, but instead of rolling out of danger, Carlos pivots then lunges forward with a wild haymaker that knocks his attackers to the ground."

here is how GI described it"

Like Jill, Carlos can avoid attacks at the last second, but instead of rolling out of danger, Carlos pivots then lunges forward with a wild haymaker that knocks his attackers to the ground."

That's nice. Gratitude!

Details

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just read the preview and there's not much new info but quite a few screens of the hospital that look sick. Here's what I could gather from the article:

•Puzzles are redesigned to fit the setting and are more realistic and believable
•Hospital is much larger. Now a network of interlocking rooms with several lock and key puzzles that opens the hospital up in a mote traditional RE fashion
•When Carlos perfect dodges he hits the enemy with a haymaker that knocks them to the ground
•Hunters will attack you in packs. Takes two magazines to kill.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just read the preview and there's not much new info but quite a few screens of the hospital that look sick. Here's what I could gather from the article:
YES. That sounds perfect. Seems like there stepping up there game and giving Carlos a full side scenario.

Oct 26, 2017
Bleh, have a feeling they won't be in then. Would be cool to see them in the RE Engine though.
I definitely wouldn't rule out spiders, there's locations we haven't seen anything of yet, and like how the sewers are full of Hunter Gamma, the power station is full of Drain Demos, the other locations might focus on enemies we've not seen.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could post the Hospital screens cause it looks awesome. Blood and bodies everywhere, like left overs from something that was an absolute carnage but also empty in a spooky way. Cant wait to explore it.