• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
99lthTL.gif

I love his design. So fucking badass.
Carlos looks like freaking Slash here

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how true the game is to the original's art direction, i.e. the vivid reds and greens against the oily blue darkness. It's such a distinct look. They retained the neon lighting and wet textured look of the original perfectly.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So, Nemesis is like Doomsday's first appearance.

Slowly losing his mask/clothing as the fight goes on.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
It's amazing how true the game is to the original's art direction, i.e. the vivid reds and greens against the oily blue darkness. It's such a distinct look. They retained the neon lighting and wet textured look of the original perfectly.

Absolutely this was a major concern after seeing how dull and uninspired the street segments of RE2R looked. They've really nailed the atmosphere here.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I'd forgotten this was early April as well. That's 4 games in the same pay period I want. Yeah no. Somethings got to give.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does make me wonder. What if the reason Brad isn't as on edge as the original, is cause he didn't encounter him yet? Would probably make the moment THAT happens more intense cause you will see him turn from calm and collected into a very frightened man.

Then again maybe they changed things up cause he isn't siding with Irons this time.

Yeah Brad looks to have been changed massively which I'm both excited and nervous about lol. Judging by the trailer he knows about Nemesis already but seems pretty chill about it even joking that it has a 'hard on' for STARS members, he's seen right in the middle of the outbreak potentially helping civilians and in his bio on the unity blog he's even been helping Jill investigate Umbrella. Like you said though it could be leading up to that moment making it more dramatic but I'm super interested in seeing what they do with him.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I dunno has he publicly sided with Reuben on those matters?

Not that I know of, but he speaks fondly of him in various occasions during Baker/North's ongoing The Last of Us playthrough. Again, not sure if that's egregious enough for some to cancel Baker (hate the use of that expression in a situation like this, but it seems to resonate a lot these days), but it's worth pointing out. Suzi also has personal/professional interactions with Langdon, so that also tends to make someone who has been nice/giving to you a bit easier to defend. Not defending Suzi or Troy's stance. I want to make that clear. But it's certainly different when you know the person directly. From all accounts, Suzi/SphereHunter seems like a very nice person that wears her fandom on her sleeve.

Hope none of this derails the thread, so I'll just keep it at that.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Not that I know of, but he speaks fondly of him in various occasions during Baker/North's ongoing The Last of Us playthrough. Again, not sure if that's egregious enough for some to cancel Baker (hate the use of that expression in a situation like this, but it seems to resonate a lot these days), but it's worth pointing out. Suzi also has personal/professional interactions with Langdon, so that also tends to make someone who has been nice/giving to you a bit easier to defend. Not defending Suzi or Troy's stance. I want to make that clear. But it's certainly different when you know the person directly. From all accounts, Suzi/SphereHunter seems like a very nice person that wears her fandom on her sleeve.

Hope none of this derails the thread, so I'll just keep it at that.

I totally understand what you're saying with the personal interactions bit, some personal friends of mine have done some stuff I don't agree with. not enough for me to, like you said cancel them if they were ina similar situation as Reuben/Suzi but I wouldn't defend their views or what they did if it ever came down to it.

That's what sucks about this Suzi is a really damn nice person, she makes great content and observations. I just expected better from her after that.

Let's continue with Resident Evil 🙌🏼😃

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
This one is far better than the first trailer, also graphics are insane in this game..probably the best looking RE engine game so far. RE3 was one of the weakest classic RE games but i think the remake will fix that big time.
This was never even remotely true. There was exceedingly little that required fixing compared to the original RE2.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I already found the constant threat of Mr.X a bit distracting in 2. I think this might be too intense for me if Nemesis is on your ass all the time.
I need my calm/exploration moments.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis got some new tools if Capcom ever puts him in a vs game again.

Last edited:

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Big tough guy nemesis needs a flamethrower to help him fight little old jill, what a punk. Mr x didn't need all that junk , just fists.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I don't mean this game specifically. I'm saying their inching closer and with whatever next release they make, which they'll feel like ramping it up even more, they're gonna run back into what they were tryna get away from.
It's just a matter of de-escalating. They struck an excellent balance when Revelations 2 was made and RE7 and with RE2 Remake on the horizon. It felt like they hit on all RE formats at the same time.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Big tough guy nemesis needs a flamethrower to help him fight little old jill, what a punk. Mr x didn't need all that junk , just fists.

Mr. X was up against someone who wasn't even officially on the force for more than 8 hours and another person who maybe got shown how to use a gun a few times by her cop brother.

And he still lost

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
Mr. X was up against someone who wasn't even officially on the force for more than 8 hours and another person who maybe got shown how to use a gun a few times by her cop brother.

And he still lost
Not really

On Claires play through he gets killed by William not Claire

I forget how Leon takes care of him