• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
The Hunter looks better than REmake's frog-like design. Still wish we got the red and black colour scheme like in OG RE3, but I honestly like the design.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if the REmake has Jill arrive at the RPD technically "earlier",
Jill, Marvin and some other RPD officers have to barricade the RPD as it is meant to be the safehouse/evacuation location for civilians.
Marvin gives you locations of trapped civilian groups and Jill goes to rescue them and bring them back to the RPD.
potentially she has a vehicle like the trailer for further locations(would be cool if it was a S.T.A.R.S. humvee or something),
Brad is flying civilians out of the city from the RPD.
He rescues all the civilians from the RPD but has to make a return trip for the officers and Jill.

Jill runs into Nemesis while out on a rescue, destroys her vehicle. She makes her way back to the RPD.
Brad radios her for a pickup nearby, Jill runs to the helicopter on the parking garage and Brad is shot down by Nemesis.
Jill runs to the crash site at the RPD and the cutscene plays out exactly like the original(as she enters the RPD gate, a seriously injured Brad runs up screaming for Jill before Nemesis shows up)

If it was up to me i'd give the option of saving Brad if you can "kill" Nemesis in that encounter in time, but eh.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Def Marvin and the RPD will have a bit of an expanded role.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Old design haunted you because you were young, actually anything can haunt you even the low polygon zombie in first RE. Don't be silly. This design can haunt the same playing it as a kid.
But you would think what haunted you in ps1 graphics would look insane in current gen and then we get the new nemesis which is eliciting the opposite effect....

Maybe it's just nostalgia. Some would say it makes it scarier just knowing this monster was just a guy.
Personally humanizing villains or monsters in their said genre always dampens the horror to me. Look at Alien, predator or even horror genre as a whole. Subtlety and a lack of knowledge goes a long way. Not to mention Lovecraft centered his entire thesis on this idea. The human mind is capable of conjuring up horror more than reality.

Knowing that Nemesis is just a dude that has been experimented on versus say handcrafted monster with god knows what kind of parasite is in it is far more scarier and immersive than the former.

Just my 2 cents.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Except it isn't. Barring a tiny minority of bitter people.
Like I said I'm glad most can look past these changes, just trying to explain where this "nose" complaint is coming from as opposed to most discharging it as laughable criticism... All I hear from y'all is...
giphy.gif

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
No it's from petty people who can't look past a stupid fucking nose.
WindingPastelDanishswedishfarmdog-size_restricted.gif

Someone's been really aggro-ed by the nose complaint. Thought I could explain it so both sides can find a common ground lol.
The original design has a shape of a nose in that spot, but less pronounced.
I like that it imitates the nose slits from a human skull as opposed to an actual nose. I guess the MvC designs for nemesis doesn't have that at all. One thing I can give credit to the RE3make design is that his head is actually shaped perfectly like a skull as opposed to the hamburger look of yore.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Caught the Trailer last night. I totally like his design. Seeing him in motion makes sense. He's much more practical looking now. Also loving the initial gimp looking mask as well. Glad to see the rocket launcher confirmed in the screenshots. It looks great. Seeing the flamethrower and Rocket launcher leads me to believe that we'll possibly see a Minigun included as well.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Do you think...

Nemesis' "clothing" will burn off when Carlos hits the fuel tank of the flamethrower?

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Methinks -

Carlos Crew will turn up just as Marvin gets the bite, and "saves" him
Carlos will only be able to make the vaccine to save Jill thanks to that video feed bloke seen in the previous trailer (him luckily being able to whip that up in the original is a bit bullshit)
And Nemesis is gonna tear shit up, but thats a given.

I await the achievement for shooting off Nemesis' nose.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scrubbing through the trailer on my phone and man the events of this game keep confusing me lol.

When Jill meets Carlos for the first time she's wearing the harness and armband that we know she wears after she gets to the tram for the first time so she apparently meets Carlos after that? Idk but that seems pretty far into the game to meet Carlos.

I kind of think this is costume shenanigans like with Leon's casual outfit being hidden but so far I can't make heads or tails of when stuff happens (which is a good thing I guess)

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
The remakes haven't given Blue Herbs much reason to continue existing considering the cut Spiders and the change to the Ivies in 2.
On the contrary, with how often you get poisoned in the older games (that is to say, almost never), the addition of making them a defense buff gives blue herbs more utility than I have ever had from them before.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I love the idea that preferring the original design is nostalgia

"NEW=BETTER!"
I know right?

Seems some people can't understand that not everything is "better" if they were new. Some stuff from the REmake are better but not everything. It remains to be seen how REmake 3 ends up being. REmake 2 for example had a lot of stuff that was worse compared to the original.

We will see how things fare with REmake 3. I will say this, the game is looking really good so far.

Last edited:

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I love the idea that preferring the original design is nostalgia

"NEW=BETTER!"
I've mentally blocked those kinds of comments. I learned lessons in my Ace Attorney fandom days about the whole nostalgia vs new thing. The new Star Wars trilogy I was already kinda seeing where it was going at various points with the audience reactions, like it had already happened for me before.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing REmake for the first time and honestly.. I want them to remake the remake lol

It's kinda hard to back to after RE2. And am I understanding this right that I have limited saves based on the items I have?

Oct 26, 2017
I think RPD will be visited before and after RE2. If they aren't playing tricks with the costume in the trailers, Jill gains a Stars badge and holsters early in the game before meeting Carlos.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm playing REmake for the first time and honestly.. I want them to remake the remake lol

It's kinda hard to back to after RE2. And am I understanding this right that I have limited saves based on the items I have?
You need ink ribbons to save (like Hardcore mode in RE2). The game gives you enough so you shouldn't run out unless you are saving every 5 minutes lol.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I know right?

Seems some people can't understand that not everything is "better" if they were new. Some stuff from the REmake are better but not everything. It remains to be seen how REmake 3 ends up being. REmake 2 for example had a lot of stuff that was worse compared to the original.

We will see how things fare with REmake 3. I will say this, the game is looking really good so far.
What would fall under "a lot of stuff" as worse for REmake 2, though? Already reviewed (and disagreed with) complaints about missing enemy types, and acknowledged the implementation of 1st/2nd scenarios as even more flawed than the A/B connections in the original already were. The orphanage? Much preferred that and everything else regarding Sherry compared to the original.

I will, however, say that I consider Leon's scenario the loser this time around in respect to weaponry, routes, and enemy placements, while Claire's is better in all of those regards in the remake after it being the other way around in the original (preferred Claire's story here, too).
Code Veronica, the game most in need of a REmake of any of them: Am I a joke to you? :P
It truly does need it more than anything else. RE4 was basically lightning in a bottle and absolutely does not need to be touched.

Last edited:

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Look at those visuals! Capcom knocked it out of the park this gen, and I expect them to flex their muscles in the next 6 years as well.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
RE4 being the GOAT is exactly why it shouldn't get a remake. It's too good as it is to be remade. Remaster is the most that needs to happen with RE4.
I was used to think the same,but Capcom did such an incredible job with RE2 (I think you didn't liked?) and will with RE3,a potential RE4 Remake is exciting,even if the original is as perfect as can be at the time.

Oct 28, 2017
I was used to think the same,but Capcom did such an incredible job with RE2 (I think you didn't liked?) and will with RE3,a potential RE4 Remake is exciting,even if the original is as perfect as can be at the time.
Oh I liked RE2. Loved it even. I am heavily critical of it so I see why people might think I didn't like it. It just didn't live up to my expectations and was a step down from the original in a number of ways for me. But on its own merits I liked the game a lot

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I replayed REmake this year for the first time in probably over a decade and was surprised that it held up as well as it did, but it's definitely aged. Honestly, the ink ribbon thing was far less annoying to me than the part where there were only two boxes in the mansion.

If they remade it again, they should basically gut and rebuild that whole location. Keep the big entryway with the staircase and the dining room and the piano and the Jill Sandwich room and just add and redesign to your heart's content.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE4 is my favorite game of all time but CV really needs it a lot more

Oct 27, 2017
What would fall under "a lot of stuff" as worse for REmake 2, though? Already reviewed (and disagreed with) complaints about missing enemy types, and acknowledged the implementation of 1st/2nd scenarios as even more flawed than the A/B connections in the original already were. The orphanage? Much preferred that and everything else regarding Sherry compared to the original.
The new A/B design makes the game much less complete and way less interesting when doing B cause it is very similiar to A, cause it felt like decisions mattered and Claire/Leon were active .throughout the game compared to only seeing them at the end in remake. Missing guns and enemies (with the Ivy being much less unique and more regenator like in remake), the lack of lore to read. Some stuff in the remake are better (acting, characters outfits (though I prefer Ada's old design better), but that's just it. The game is still good but a lot of my favourite parts about the original was gone in the remake.