• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The new A/B design makes the game much less complete and way less interesting when doing B cause it is very similiar to A, cause it felt like decisions mattered and Claire/Leon were active .throughout the game compared to only seeing them at the end in remake. Missing guns and enemies (with the Ivy being much less unique and more regenator like in remake), the lack of lore to read. Some stuff in the remake are better (acting, characters outfits (though I prefer Ada's old design better), but that's just it. The game is still good but a lot of my favourite parts about the original was gone in the remake.
Looking back on how vague Claire was during those radio communications with Leon back in the original makes me not really miss them, but it could be argued that it was something they could've improved upon and still kept each other updated more consistently. More lore would've been nice, but the only gun they cut was the bowgun and it sucked anyway (Spark Shot was reworked into something actually useful this time, yet it seemed unlikely that the bowgun would be of use against anything other than zombies yet again, if that considering how much more of a threat they are now). Much preferred them giving Claire a magnum this time in exchange for dropping the bowgun.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Although I would love a code Veronica remake, does that game have enough appeal to warrant one? Its always seemed like the least popular/least played main game

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back on how vague Claire was during those radio communications with Leon back in the original makes me not really miss them, but it could be argued that it was something they could've improved upon and still kept each other updated more consistently. More lore would've been nice, but the only gun they cut was the bowgun and it sucked anyway (Spark Shot was reworked into something actually useful this time, yet it seemed unlikely that the bowgun would be of use against anything other than zombies yet again, if that considering how much more of a threat they are now).
See you bring a good point. I would have
prefered if they improved on them instead of straight up cutting them. Some of the things they changed like Claire was really cool as it made her much more of a bad ass compared to the original. Same with Mr X or the zombies and lickers. They took them and made them better.

I would prefer to have them back as is if it meant to have a more "complete" RE2 exoerience. The REmake was really good but speaking as someone who played the original and loved it a lot, I was disappointed so many cool stuff were outright dropped. The biggest thing (A/B) is the biggest thing that makes me disappointed cause of how unique it was.

My standard for the remake was REmake 1. That game brought everything back and more. To be fair though, REmake 1plays differently to REmake 2 and is mostly an updated version of RE1 woth some new mechanics.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I agree, I feel like there is vocal minority, but regardless this remake kind cements Nemesis as the proper RE3 rather than code veronica
Vocal minority is still a possibility, just difficult for me to tell considering how ignoring or dumping on the original RE3 seems more common. It was always the more proper RE3 than CV to me, though.
See you bring a good point. I would have
prefered if they improved on them instead of straight up cutting them. Some of the things they changed like Claire was really cool as it made her much more of a bad ass compared to the original. Same with Mr X or the zombies and lickers. They took them and made them better.

I would prefer to have them back as is if it meant to have a more "complete" RE2 exoerience. The REmake was really good but speaking as someone who played the original and loved it a lot, I was disappointed so many cool stuff were outright dropped. The biggest thing (A/B) is the biggest thing that makes me disappointed cause of how unique it was.

My standard for the remake was REmake 1. That game brought everything back and more. To be fair though, REmake 1plays differently to REmake 2 and is mostly an updated version of RE1 woth some new mechanics.
Though I also started with the original RE2 way back when the original PS1 release debuted, I admit that I am more critical of many of the decisions made with it that bother me in retrospect and was therefore more open to liberties being taken in updating it, whereas now I'm apprehensive about just how much they plan on changing with REmake 3 after having fewer complaints about its original. REmake 1 was unique in regards to just how faithful it was to its original while modernizing it, yet I would also argue that it had more room to do so based on what was already in place (having Mikami himself direct it while the other remakes didn't have their original directors overseeing them also factoring into the lack of significant changes).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Vocal minority is still a possibility, just difficult for me to tell considering how ignoring or dumping on the original RE3 seems more common. It was always the more proper RE3 than CV to me, though.

Though I also started with the original RE2 way back when the original debuted, I admit that I am more critical of many of the decisions made with it that bother me in retrospect and was therefore more open to liberties being taken in updating it, whereas now I'm apprehensive about just how much they plan on changing with REmake 3 after having fewer complaints about its original. REmake 1 was unique in regards to just how faithful it was to its original while modernizing it, yet I would also argue that it had more room to do so based on what was already in place (having Mikami himself direct it while the other remakes didn't have their original directors overseeing them also factoring into a lack of a significant changes).
Yeah I got you.

Hopefully with 3 that it turns out well. I made a thread a while back about why I enjoyed 3 so much and it would be a shame if they threw everything cool about it away and made it more like the other games in the series. 3 is one of the most unique games in the series and I hope they tread very carefully when doing the remake. It was a really well out together package so if what is being replaced isn't on par or better then it will disappoint.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Code Veronica is the only Resident Evil I've never played and I'm a little bit scared that Capcom will forget about it while doing their Remake.
I do know everything about it, its story, its shortcomings and its strengths. I think the scope of this game just wasn't something Capcom could achieve at the time, it was way too ambitious for its own good.
But now ? With the talent that lies within Capcom ? They could knocked it out of the park with it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I feel like REmake 2 got a bunch of new people interested in Claire and her story, so I could see them being interested in a Code Veronica remake to see her story continue.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like REmake 2 got a bunch of new people interested in Claire and her story, so I could see them being interested in a Code Veronica remake to see her story continue.
As someone who always thought Claire was kinda meh until REmake 2's take on her, I would be one of those people (insofar as I can be counted as "new").

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know right?

Seems some people can't understand that not everything is "better" if they were new. Some stuff from the REmake are better but not everything. It remains to be seen how REmake 3 ends up being. REmake 2 for example had a lot of stuff that was worse compared to the original.

We will see how things fare with REmake 3. I will say this, the game is looking really good so far.

I'm excited for the game, too and am liking many other aspects of it; but what certain people need to realize and become comfortable with is that criticism is always going to exist and be acceptable.

The new A/B design makes the game much less complete and way less interesting when doing B cause it is very similiar to A, cause it felt like decisions mattered and Claire/Leon were active .throughout the game compared to only seeing them at the end in remake. Missing guns and enemies (with the Ivy being much less unique and more regenator like in remake), the lack of lore to read. Some stuff in the remake are better (acting, characters outfits (though I prefer Ada's old design better), but that's just it. The game is still good but a lot of my favourite parts about the original was gone in the remake.

Totally.

The remake's A/B branches are totally insignificant, the lack of music and darkened lighting take away anything resembling the original's incredible atmosphere and general creepiness.

Chief Irons is a downgrade in the remake and Ada is far too suave for my liking.

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
As someone who always thought Claire was kinda meh until REmake 2's take on her, I would be one of those people (insofar as I can be counted as "new").
I loved Code Veronica back in the day when I got it on Dreamcast. That's when I became a big fan of Claire. It super bummed me out that she then disappeared from the series (until Rev 2).

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I think that's actually an argument to do it. CV could benefit the most from a remake.

No RE3 needed it's own remake to get its identity instead of being known as an RE2 expansion.

Code Veronica is where the story started to go off the path...with magic Wesker. Then I was fully tuned out when the had the opera singer leaches in RE0.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
No RE3 needed it's own remake to get its identity instead of being known as an RE2 expansion.

Code Veronica is where the story started to go off the path...with magic Wesker. Then I was fully tuned out when the had the opera singer leaches in RE0.
RE3 is well regarded and Nemesis is an iconic creature. Code Veronica is shit on all the time. Like when people think of RE3 they think Nemesis. When they think of CV they think of Steve. CV needs a remake badly.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Code Veronica back in the day when I got it on Dreamcast. That's when I became a big fan of Claire. It super bummed me out that she then disappeared from the series (until Rev 2).
There was the Degeneration CG film as well, but it was strange that they didn't have her show up in any other games all the way up until Revelations 2.
....who thinks of Steve?? I think everyone thinks of super wesker, and the cockamamie story.
Steve and his terrible voice are part of said cockamamie story.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
CV could be easily improved by replacing the Alexia cross-dressing with a clone, removing the opera singing and giant tentacles, and toning down Wesker.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so what happened to that Japanese show which was supposed to release more info on the game ? is the trailer from there? I recall seeing a thread here about it.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

BTW have you guys seen this? on the RE2 Demo you can hear nemesis saying STARS as leon enters the station. Most likely nemesis exiting the station to go after Jill. So we just miss the party I guess. Shower room damage in definitely caused by Nemesis.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I hope Marvin gets an expanded role and I hope they show more civilians running around.

I always thought it was nuts we didn't see more people running around the streets away from zombies or to give raccoon city some life.

Also what was Jill thinking in the original with a miniskirt...

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
My only concern is that Nemesis might not be as dynamic as Mr.X and will end up heavily scripted through out the game.

The reason why X is so good is because he is fully dynamic and unpredictable. It's dynamic survival horror at its best.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
The shotgun didn't hit the Zombie at all.
Trd7v8G.jpg

*Carlos firing a CQBR in full auto and barely hit a zombie's leg*
*Jill firing a shotgun and literally hit nothing*

Marketing genius, It's almost like they want to make the gunplay look terrible.

Also there's no way a shotgun with that barrel length can produce such wide spread, not even a sawed off can do that, but I guess it's a video game thing.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
God damn Nemesis is terrifying in action. Does Nemesis have a room he never enters in the original like Mr. X does in RE2 remake? I had to look that up to beat Re 2 lol

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Looking back on how vague Claire was during those radio communications with Leon back in the original makes me not really miss them, but it could be argued that it was something they could've improved upon and still kept each other updated more consistently.

They might be vague, but at least you had the idea that they are going through the hell together, reporting the progress to each other: that Chris isn't in town, that Claire is looking for Sherry, that Leon found Ada, that there is an escape route through the sewers, that Sherry got infected and needs a vaccine, that they need to find an escape from the lab etc. In the remake Leon and Claire meet each other only once during the game, in the RPD, where they only acknowledge that they are both here (at this point none of them have any plan, don't know that Chris isn't here, don't know about Sherry). After that they both magically appear at the same time in the same place at the end of the game. Leon's "who are you?" towards Sherry at the end of the game sums it all.

Capcom resigned from making two campaigns for each character, I understand that. But why then instead of adapting ClaireA/LeonB they adapted ClaireA/LeonA and cut most of the relationships between characters (Claire/Leon, Leon/Sherry) is still a mistery to me.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I always thought it was nuts we didn't see more people running around the streets away from zombies or to give raccoon city some life.

In the original RE3 there were usually screams or gun shots in the background, corpses lying around or you could catch a glimpse of a civilian running off from monsters when you entered certain rooms. It's a zombie appocalypse after all.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica is weird but the level design is bad and that's why it needs to be remade. I recommend the road to the rocket launcher series on YouTube. And not sphere hunter livejournal garb.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Code Veronica is weird but the level design is bad and that's why it needs to be remade. I recommend the road to the rocket launcher series on YouTube. And not sphere hunter livejournal garb.

Both are excellent. Road to Rocket Launcher looks to the level design more carefully and methodically, and Sphere Hunter is a passionate view of the game by a long time RE fan.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
*Carlos firing a CQBR in full auto and barely hit a zombie's leg*
*Jill firing a shotgun and literally hit nothing*

Marketing genius, It's almost like they want to make the gunplay look terrible.

Also there's no way a shotgun with that barrel length can produce such wide spread, not even a sawed off can do that, but I guess it's a video game thing.

lol that got my attention too. Apart from barely any gameplay in the trailer, it shows 2 gun play that look super terrible ( the bullet barely hit any zombies ).
I mean, all cut scene so far looks great, I have no doubt about it. But I start to be a bit concern with nothing has been show so far gameplay wise. It's RE3 with current technology, I would expect at least they show hordes of zombies showing the scale of the outbreak. Unless they are worry about disappointing the 'survival horror' fans by not making it look too much action?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Both are excellent. Road to Rocket Launcher looks to the level design more carefully and methodically, and Sphere Hunter is a passionate view of the game by a long time RE fan.
No, it's livejournal from someone who defends disreputable characters. Into the bin.

I'm a passionate fan Of RE. You can listen to me from now on. First order of business. I would like a sandwich.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Claire has always been my favorite RE character so I'd love a CV remake (not just because of Claire but because I really like the original). Hopefully if they do it they change Steve a lot, what an insufferable character.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
They might be vague, but at least you had the idea that they are going through the hell together, reporting the progress to each other: that Chris isn't in town, that Claire is looking for Sherry, that Leon found Ada, that there is an escape route through the sewers, that Sherry got infected and needs a vaccine, that they need to find an escape from the lab etc. In the remake Leon and Claire meet each other only once during the game, in the RPD, where they only acknowledge that they are both here (at this point none of them have any plan, don't know that Chris isn't here, don't know about Sherry). After that they both magically appear at the same time in the same place at the end of the game. Leon's "who are you?" towards Sherry at the end of the game sums it all.

Capcom resigned from making two campaigns for each character, I understand that. But why then instead of adapting ClaireA/LeonB they adapted ClaireA/LeonA and cut most of the relationships between characters (Claire/Leon, Leon/Sherry) is still a mistery to me.
Doesn't seem particularly implausible that they would both end up in the same place based on their circumstances. They split the difference with Leon in it being a bit of Leon A and Leon B, understandable since it would more be difficult to explain how Ada lived following what happened to her in the latter scenario.
Claire has always been my favorite RE character so I'd love a CV remake (not just because of Claire but because I really like the original). Hopefully if they do it they change Steve a lot, what an insufferable character.
Other than changing Steve simply because of pretty much every moment centering on him being terrible, they would have to change him because it's pretty much impossible to picture the new Claire humoring the likes of him as he is for more than ten seconds.