• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manhunter

Mar 20, 2019
3654b801a5f498b76676d2ae369fe4ac.jpeg

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped, but this just looks like they're basically gonna work themselves back into action RE all over again after actually getting back to horror. I mean, I know RE3 is "more" action oriented, but some of those sequences look straight out of RE5-6.
Yeah I really hope they don't go too far in that direction, even that car sequence reminded me of RE6.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Need more gameplay, just give me some horror visuals and gameplay. Don't really got to RE3 for the cinematics, though they're serviceable

Deleted member 23068

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hype level increasing. RE2 was amazing and one of the few games which I played through multiple times. Really looking forward to this.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I need this game, yesterday. Trailer was everything I could have hoped for as RE 3 is MY favorite RE game of the PS1 generation.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I noticed, by the way, is that Nemesis still has his mask on when he pursues Jill in her apartment (which I assume happens very early on in the game), and he still has his mask when Jill runs him over with a car, which would make it seem like that happens very early on (and the clip with Carlos in RPD asking her over the radio what happened pulled from a later scene).

I'm wondering what the progression of events here are.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if the weapons Nemesis has will be based on when you trigger him.

I would assume Capcom figured it'd be unfair to give him a rocket launcher in tight-quarters, so flamethrower might be for that.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
RE3 April 3rd
FFVII April 10th

The whole month of April i won't be able to play anything because i will be traveling, man I'm gonna cry.

NightKingistheWaif

alt account
Banned
May 14, 2019
I hope the reward for beating the game with S Rank on Hard Difficuy gives us Nemesis' Rocket Launcher with infinite ammo. Not sure ifJill can hold that thing though

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Needs more rocket launcher.

Hopefully he cycles through weapons throughout the game.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
A rocket launcher and a flamethrower now?
That's kinda mean, Capcom lol

Carlos continuing to look amazing is a good bonus. 😍

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hmm so the car crash takes place pretty early if Nemmy still has the mask on. I wonder if Brad is dead by this point given he's most likely the first character you meet.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
People who play this who never touched the original, you're in for a treat.

This is my favorite entry in the series becuase of The Nemesis.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Re Engine just looks insane. I can't wait to see what capcom have planned in next generation.

Last edited:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
There's a lot of civilians on the train too, so it adds a few extra layers.

Yeah, I believe the director of the original RE3 said there were civilians in the police station behind the barred up doors but obviously PS1 wouldn't let this happen to have civi's around like this game. cvxfreak could probably expand on this more.
I wonder if they expand upon that in this remake because I love details like that.

Can we not with The Sphere Hunter?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So .... since we never see Mr. X 'drop down' from a chopper like he does in RE2 ...

how awesome would it be if you see a cameo from him roaming around while revisiting the RPD ?

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm maybe. Going from trailers Jill escapes the burning building and then Brad calls out to her but I guess it could be misleading editing
It does make me wonder. What if the reason Brad isn't as on edge as the original, is cause he didn't encounter him yet? Would probably make the moment THAT happens more intense cause you will see him turn from calm and collected into a very frightened man.

Then again maybe they changed things up cause he isn't siding with Irons this time.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Hmm so the car crash takes place pretty early if Nemmy still has the mask on. I wonder if Brad is dead by this point given he's most likely the first character you meet.

This is a really good change (Jason Voorhees mask ripped off reveal!) along with the new weapons.

Also makes sense. I can't imagine anyone at Umbrella wanted to look at this poor bastard's face.