• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm not under the impression that crows will be cut like they were in REmake 2 because they're hard to implement so much as nothing's added by having them be there (very rare, showing up in only one hallway in the original RE2, go down in a single bullet yet are also small flying targets where auto-aim isn't part of the default controls). Spiders getting cut would likely boil down to clashing with the look/tone they're going for once again (keeping the giant gator in REmake 2 aside) rather than logistics issues.

The Gator wasn't supposed to come back if I recall correctly, but they added him back late in developement for some reason.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Spiders were still iconic to some areas of RE3. I hope they are in so the clock tower retains it's authenticity tbh.

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I hate when things follow you (I'll make an exception for RE), although I didn't mind the Mr. X sections once I knew he stopped following you (and he wasn't that bad in the end). That said, I'm really hyped for this.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pretty weird there isn't much enemies feedback. It was really good in 2. It seems more like 6 and 7 to an extent where there isn't much feedback. That shotgun blast really look underwhelming.

It seems they are altering the story significantly too for this one. Curious how it's going to end up like.
One clip is spraying bullets with an AR, the other is firing a shotgun from a mile away. Without a reticle it's hard to know just how much is landing, in the AR clip the zombie very clearly reacts to getting hit at first, then the rest of the fire looks like wild spray that I could see being a load of misses. The clip with the shotgun the zombie on the right reacts but with about as much reaction as you might expect when shooting from that far away (ie. not much reaction) - you can even see the pellet spread, most of it misses.

I don't see why they would change that element of the game, I don't think there's much cause for worry.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Something I've noticed in this trailer is they purposefully don't show Nemesis dynamically stalking you. Watching the trailer a few times, it's clear Flamethrower Nemesis is a boss battle you fight probably a bit before the subway train escape attempt. We see one shot of Nemmy in the streets with his tentacles, and cutscene shots of him from the opening of the game, but they kinda' purposefully are avoiding showing how he stalks you in Raccoon City streets I noticed.

This trailer was cut to show off a lot more setpiece scenes, guns, and the like, which is fine as it's a great trailer. But I also feel they want to keep Nemesis stalking the player a bit of a surprise for the moment.

The equivalent for RE7 I think would be if they showed the Garage boss fight and some more action scenes with him like when he picks you up from the bathroom and bursts through the wall, rather than how he works when you're exploring the Baker Estate.

It's funny because I think some of the reactions to the two RE3 trailers so far have told us so much about the way people take things at face value, without any degree of contextual thinking. That a bunch of folks thought it was going to be first person after the first trailer honestly baffled me, and it's kinda the same here.

This is a trailer to show Nemesis in motion for the first time. Every single scene here will either be mid-way through a boss fight, or in the immediate prelude to a boss fight, or as part of an action heavy set piece. Inevitably there will be moments of quiet when you suddenly hear "STARS" in the distance for the first time, or where he bursts through a fucking wall right infront of you, or drops out of the sky behind you - whatever. We don't need to see that right now. I want to shit my pants in real time.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The shotgun didn't hit the Zombie at all.
Trd7v8G.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The Gator wasn't supposed to come back if I recall correctly, but they added him back late in developement for some reason.
There was a phase in RE2 where a lot of things were in and out of development. The Gator kept being put in, then taken out, then put in. The Reason was because around half the team liked the Gator moment in the original, and the other half thought it didn't fit the tone they were going with this remake and as they were behind schedule for a long while in development taking the resources to make what's ultimately a pretty short sequence may not be worthwhile. It ultimately did happen though as the moment was pretty beloved by fans in the original.

For the record there were a few other things like this in RE2, some ended up in the game like the Gator, and others (such as a couple new enemies) were ultimately cut.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty weird there isn't much enemies feedback. It was really good in 2. It seems more like 6 and 7 to an extent where there isn't much feedback. That shotgun blast really look underwhelming.

It seems they are altering the story significantly too for this one. Curious how it's going to end up like.
Shotgun looks like it spreads too much for anything other than point-blank range.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
This is where I'm at right now. For as many complaints that changes in REmake 2 tend to get, this appears to be diverging from its original considerably more.
If I were to guess, the team concluding that memories of the gator were far too ingrained for people who played the original for it to be dropped was probably why.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
As much as I loved what was shown in the trailer, it still left me hungry for more. :/

I wonder when they will finally show a real gameplay demo, like the RE2 RPD demo (not spoilering too much). Maybe we'll have to wait until frist previews in March...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because I think some of the reactions to the two RE3 trailers so far have told us so much about the way people take things at face value, without any degree of contextual thinking. That a bunch of folks thought it was going to be first person after the first trailer honestly baffled me, and it's kinda the same here.

This is a trailer to show Nemesis in motion for the first time. Every single scene here will either be mid-way through a boss fight, or in the immediate prelude to a boss fight, or as part of an action heavy set piece. Inevitably there will be moments of quiet when you suddenly hear "STARS" in the distance for the first time, or where he bursts through a fucking wall right infront of you, or drops out of the sky behind you - whatever. We don't need to see that right now. I want to shit my pants in real time.
Mmn-hmn, but I do understand some people expect everything to be shown in a game. I appreciate Capcom is ultimately holding back a lot here and keeping it for the game. I do expect they're going to show a lot more in the coming months, but I also think partially with their very short announcement > release cycle this time they want to get more people to just buy the game without spoiling themselves or eager for every piece of info since the game is out in two and a half months already now.

You can tell with how the trailer is cut and the first trailer as well they want to show interesting things to sell people of course, but also want to keep a lot of things a surprise.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, it's just like why include that shot in the trailer lol

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
You know what would be wild? Since Capcom took liberties with RE2R, what if they killed off Carlos in RE3R? We literally never hear about Carlos again after this. What if Capcom simply killed him off to end his story for good? Lol

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm sure in the game that she'll wind up coming across as badass as Claire did but yeah, the way this trailer was edited a lot of it made Jill look like a bit of a damsel in distress.

Being a badass doesn't mean you can't be helped or saved.
She rammed Nemesis with a car at the end and in another scene, she's protecting the others from Nemesis by going out of their safe-zone. Sound pretty badass to me, imo.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Jill and Carlos look so good! I have to admit I'm not finding the updated Nemesis as intimidating as his original design, and I'm not sure why. It's a bit odd - I guess because the original looked more like a walking cadaver? The original also had so much of his gums exposed in his mouth (like he was post-rigor mortis), which I inherently find pretty unnerving.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Being a badass doesn't mean you can't be helped or saved.
She rammed Nemesis with a car at the end and in another scene, she's protecting the others from Nemesis by going out of their safe-zone. Sound pretty badass to me, imo.
Oh for sure! I just think too much of the trailer was her being in distress, but then you don't exactly want Jill looking like some undaunted badass when you're essentially debuting one of gaming's most legendary big scary monsters. I think what didn't help it for me was that Carlos didn't seem to really have any weaker moments in the trailer? Anyway, I'm not worried about the game itself.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Looks like the zombie is about to fall over just before it cuts to the next part of the trailer, so the shotgun was a little effective.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
No one knows, just an assumption since they were cut in RE2.

But also worth noting is Spiders in RE3 only appeared in the Clock Tower, which we haven't seen yet either.
Oh then we know nothing.
I'd really hope that Hunters aren't the only new enemy, that would be incredibly disappointing.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Well this trailer made me play RE2. Got it a month ago but hadn't touched it yet.

The game is honestly scary. Had no idea I was such a scaredy pants 😂
Like I love horror movies, but maybe that's because I watch m with a group of people lol.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I like the more muffled voice. Makes it sound like it takes more effort for him to pronounce the word because his vocal cords are all mutated and fucked up

Talking about the STARS, I had this very same thought. It feels he is struggling to say the word. I won't say it's better than the original, but I think they certainly made a good choice. We have to see it in the full game.

Dec 15, 2017
That S.T.A.R.S from Nemesis sounded like crap. I don't mind since a modder on PC will add the original voice Day one right?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I liked the new STARS. It sounded very guttural to me, instead of muffled. Like it could shake the freakin building.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Might have trouble finishing it. I really like Mr. X in RE2make but he does make me go Nope.