• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The nemesis looks like the ustanak trying to pretend to be nemesis rather than the real deal. Not a big fan so far.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully someone on PC makes a mod for Nemesis so he doesn't look like shit

And the Hunters

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
IMG_20200114_112450.jpg
Holy shit, fatality

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The shotgun didn't hit the Zombie at all.
Trd7v8G.jpg

It did, but it's laughable how wide that spread is.

Really hate when game developers just use the shotgun as a "greater than two feet -> sand blaster" method of balance. Shit, REmake 2 had a decent shotgun spread (even if it was too wide compared to real life but that's not that big of a deal)

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
We've not seen him running so far right? I hope there will be sections where he runs and throws those sucker punches

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't decide whether I like Nemesis' look or if I think it's cluttered/overdesigned.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I know it's a dead horse but I can't take this nemesis seriously. Even without the nose, those teeth are comical in the context of a more realistic art style. If I'm gonna see the guy 8 billion times, I need to be scared.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Based on those screenshots of Nemesis having increasingly damaged clothes, I think it's safe to say he's downable.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I wonder why the hunters have no red bits on them, are these not the Hunter Betas? They were like red and a darker colour. Is the Hunter Gamma going to be in this too?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think he doesn't feel hefty enough. The scene where he uses the tentacles to slither up behind Jill seems extremely weird. Like he didn't even make a sound and just appeared behind her. I didn't like that.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if the nemesis face redesign is an improvement.

The weirdly long rodent teeth, the nose, the lack of staples holding half his scalp/face together.

It doesn't look as scary. Just ...doughy. lol

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I also don't like the obvious weakpoint on chest. The original nemesis did not have that.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I can't wait to see the reation of people being stalked the whole game by Nemesis, this is gonna be great.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
There was a reason, with RE4 they had to start censoring the games for global release. RE4 had to make a different version of RE4 for several territories like Germany and the like, which I think RE5 started cutting down on it just so they wouldn't have rating board problems on a global release scale.

But they're trending towards being more violent again starting with RE7 and making the censored version anyways for global releases. And I think death scenes may be properly back for RE3, if only because there's no way this screenshot isn't of a death scene:

IMG_20200114_112450.jpg
Does she die like Donnie Yen in Shanghai Knights in this death scene? 😂

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Everything looks amazing. Especially Nemesis, in motion. I also like that they aren't showing too much in the trailers this time around.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Looks incredible!!!!! Hunters, the best BOWs ever, incredible design. That's scary as shit. Nemesis looks perfect. The locations look incredible. It all seems so great.

Way too many complainers in here, this is looking as faithful as RE2.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that these games always make me more excited to see and play RE8 than the remakes themselves?

Seems like Capcom will have learned a lot lessons from these.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Looks incredible!!!!! Hunters, the best BOWs ever, incredible design. That's scary as shit. Nemesis looks perfect. The locations look incredible. It all seems so great.

Way too many complainers in here, this is looking as faithful as RE2.

As faithful as RE2 in what sense? Quality wise? I kind of agree it looks really great and polished for sure and will be probably amazing to play like RE2 remake.

If you mean faithful to the original here it seems to deviate even more from the original than RE2 remake did so far. RE2 had to cut corners and cut the B scenarios, removed the Claire/Leon interaction scenes and flushed all the lore files down the drain. Instead they've expanded Sherry's role, added the orphanage and improved Kendo's story. Core plot and story beats were mostly the same.

Here the few trailers already show pretty big difference story wise from the original. Nemesis attacking you in your apartment at the beginning. The whole car crash scene wasn't there before. Carlos and crew at the RPD either. Same for the helicopter scene.

I don't feel it's a bad thing. Curious about how it will play out but I definitely wouldn't call this faithful.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is interested, here is a playthrough of the original RE3 with its director Kazuhiro Aoyama. There are so many great tidbits and pieces of trivia that it's worth the entire 4 hour watch.

And here is the one with Kamiya and RE2

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They need to keep this death exactly the same, it's so iconic. If this dumb helicopter theory turns out to be true I'll be so mad
Brad is piloting the helicopter before nemesis shoots it down

I also hope this isn't what happens lol
How about this:

Brad pilots the helicopter; he is about to pick up Jill. Nemmy shoots him down. Brad survives the crash. He crawls out of the wreckage. Nemmy grabs him and rams his tentacle through Brad's skull. Jills screams in horror.