• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
How about this:

Brad pilots the helicopter; he is about to pick up Jill. Nemmy shoots him down. Brad survives the crash. He crawls out of the wreckage. Nemmy grabs him and rams his tentacle through Brad's skull. Jills screams in horror.
Thats what I want/expect.
Scene could end up literally exactly the same as Brad runs up to the RPD limping and injured in the original as well.

Oct 26, 2017
If you want things to be exactly the same, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Anyway I think there might be a sign of a 'choice' system in the first trailer, you see Jill watch the helicopter on fire, but there's also a very quick shot of her jumping out of a spinning helicopter (I think?).
It could be that these are both part of the same scene somehow, but I'm suspecting is it's two variations of the same event.

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I think people mean going full in with it as it did have way more than any of the other entries had had in the last decade.

And it looks like RE3 may go even further with it.
Didn't RE6 have more? I remember some being really annoying with how long they were.
Edit:

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Just so ya know, RIP means "Rest In Peace", so you literally said Rest In Peace In Peace. I used to do the same thing until someone pointed it out to me.

Seriously though, honest mistake.

"RIP in peace" is also a meme expression.
Not sure if that was the intention of whoever you are quoting, but yeah, people have been jokingly saying that for years. 😅

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brad is piloting the helicopter before nemesis shoots it down

I also hope this isn't what happens lol
Ughhhhhh

also, this simple redesign is a marked improvement over what the actual one is

Byp65QA.jpg

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Do you guys think we will see some gameplay during Capcom TV tonight?

I have no high hopes, but it would be nice...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think we will see some gameplay during Capcom TV tonight?

I have no high hopes, but it would be nice...
It's possible, they've done it before. But I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

Though we are nearly two and a half months away from release and there's no big gaming events between now and release, so who knows?

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
i saw the trailer and it had that RE7/clocktower3 feeling for me
as long as Nemesis is very scary - something like that Clock Tower 3 feeling then i am sold ,
different Nemesis design can be patched later in the year as free dlc ( i think )

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I've just become acquainted with the Tyrant in RE2. What an amazing way to mix-up an already incredibly tense experience.

Having only played a bit of the original RE3 in the past, I was familiar with the Nemesis mechanic. Amazing how well it all translates to the modern gameplay. Really hope they nail it (or even expand upon it?) in RE3.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Underwhelming first trailer but goddamn at this one. Trailer was missing STARRRSSS but other than that A+. Good fucking lord.

Hype and expectations back up.
He says it near the end, but sounds like he's talking into a pillow.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Obsessing over a character's look, I get. I don't get why it matters so much how enemies look. All I'll be doing is pointing the crosshair over them and pressing the trigger. Why does some little detail on their face matter?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Ughhhhhh

Byp65QA.jpg
Meh, I like the caution tape and the chest locking mechanism a lot. Sells the idea that he's an experimental prototype that got deployed maybe before it should have been, and that the "trench coat" is more like a straight jacket locking him down and keeping him under control. The nose, yeah, I can do without, but the design for the actual costume itself is a pretty clever and cool re-imagining of the original design imo.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
The whole nose debate is beyond ridiculous to me. Like...it's a nose. It doesn't even stand out that much in the trailer and it definitely won't in gameplay.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
As faithful as RE2 in what sense? Quality wise? I kind of agree it looks really great and polished for sure and will be probably amazing to play like RE2 remake.

If you mean faithful to the original here it seems to deviate even more from the original than RE2 remake did so far. RE2 had to cut corners and cut the B scenarios, removed the Claire/Leon interaction scenes and flushed all the lore files down the drain. Instead they've expanded Sherry's role, added the orphanage and improved Kendo's story. Core plot and story beats were mostly the same.

Here the few trailers already show pretty big difference story wise from the original. Nemesis attacking you in your apartment at the beginning. The whole car crash scene wasn't there before. Carlos and crew at the RPD either. Same for the helicopter scene.

I don't feel it's a bad thing. Curious about how it will play out but I definitely wouldn't call this faithful.

Faithful in that every location seems to be included. Nemesis seems to be every bit as restless and ruthless. Hunters are in and hopefully every enemy makes an appearance. The action seems to be a step up. It's not about being 1:1 remake, that's boring. It's about taking what made the games special and making it better. RE2 nailed that, took the classic formula and created the perfect blend of old and new with the incredible mr.x addition. RE3 is going grow on that even more.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Hmm.

Why does it feel "cheaper" than 2? All the scenery looks too clean (no dirt, trash, blood) compared to the dusty/dirty/infected Police Station in Remake 2. Does it have a lower budget? (Is it just me?)

Nemesis still looks goofy with the new face-teeth. Carlos and Jill look great.

Hunters are BACK and I love it. Those things will hunt you down, unlike the boring blind Lickers.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole nose debate is beyond ridiculous to me. Like...it's a nose. It doesn't even stand out that much in the trailer and it definitely won't in gameplay.
So much complaints over the nose, it's hysterical. For me, the crooked nose tells you everything you need to know about Nemesis's creation. The Tyrant, whether it feels pain like every living creature or not, must have undergone some absolutely horrendous surgery to get such fucked up facial features. In a sense, it goes to show Umbrella scientists messing with nature and how far from conventional morality the company is to create such an unholy and unnatural monster.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much complaints over the nose, it's hysterical. For me, the crooked nose tells you everything you need to know about Nemesis's creation. The Tyrant, whether it feels pain like every living creature or not, must have undergone some absolutely horrendous surgery to get such fucked up facial features. In a sense, it goes to show Umbrella scientists messing with nature and how far from conventional morality the company is to create such an unholy and unnatural monster.

To add to that, I love the caution stickers all over him, and how his old coat became a series of wraps all tightened around him. Almost like they want him to hold apart in a human shape. The stickers really make it feel like even the Umbrella employees working on this BOW, are afraid of it and the possibility of it actually harming them in some way. Mr. X had no caution stickers because it was an obedient dog. But Nemesis thinks for itself. Even if you are Umbrella, it'll go through you to get to it's target.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To add to that, I love the caution stickers all over him, and how his old coat became a series of wraps all tightened around him. Almost like they want him to hold apart in a human shape. The stickers really make it feel like even the Umbrella employees working on this BOW, are afraid of it and the possibility of it actually harming them in some way. Mr. X had no caution stickers because it was an obedient dog. But Nemesis thinks for itself. Even if you are Umbrella, it'll go through you to get to it's target.
I remember reading the wiki that some Nemesis individuals even developed self consciousness and tried to escape the facility, LOL. I don't know where the source is from but I wonder if this lore is still part of the remake

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
The game looks amazing!!! I need this as soon as possible.

Seeing one of my favorite RE being remade is mindblowing :)

Also, Jill and Nemesis desings are growing on me.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Ughhhhhh

Byp65QA.jpg
giphy.gif

I don't mind the chest piece dou... and maybe a few large vessels sticking out wouldn't be bad either.

I see a lot of people laughing off the nose complaint and I'm glad y'all are not detracted by that.
To me personally the nose just kills it... I have lost sleep as a child because of og nemesis and now this nose is laughable to me. Luckily in certain quick shots the nose is hard to notice but the moment Nemesis pauses... its just pure hilarious distraction, always reminding me of the nobodies from devil may cry, ironically a disturbing enemy in the game.

I get that this redesign is supposed to channel the nemesis creation of a prototype that is yet to be "tested" with the caution tapes, holding back its future forms and the crooked nose to portray this abomination as a wounded animal perverted beyond human recognition... like I get that.... but this nemesis is not going to leave any impressions with me. This "humanizing" of Nemesis with the nose definitely weakens the scare factor to me.

With the edit above, the deleted nose and subtlety goes a long way imo. Without the nose, Nemesis looks like a corpse, a skull rather, which purely personifies death and I think that is a wayyy better intimidation factor than the crooked, slasher flick vibe, nose.

At least the sound design will be on point and the looming presence of a tyrant is sure to keep me in the edge of my seat during first walkthrough.

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So..

That white chest piece on Nemesis.. That's going to act as his "limiter" isn't it? He'll get Battle Damage'd until it breaks and he starts to morph. Or it's his weakpoint. Both?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So..

That white chest piece on Nemesis.. That's going to act as his "limiter" isn't it? He'll get Battle Damage'd until it breaks and he starts to morph. Or it's his weakpoint. Both?
Either it's a shield for his heart or it's a pump filling him with something. Either way, with how we've already seen how his suit takes a ton of battle damage and he appears to grow more and more grotesque, I legit am scared about what Capcom is about to drop on us when that thing breaks/pop off.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't know if people realized it but his nose is straight when he wears the mask. I presume it gets all bent when he starts taking damage and mutating as the game progresses. I personally like him. It doesn't make sense to be grown from a tube than it would be to be something that started as a brainwashed human to be able to do things like use weapons and focus specifically on STARS members

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Ughhhhhh

Byp65QA.jpg
It is.

Caution tape is redundant for something built to assassinate/eliminate people since that's a big red flag. No exposed heart as well is a lot more imposing since a glaring weak point is too gamey not to mention it was at the time the most advanced tyrant model. Various other tyrants present in other games/media had that weakness gone as well and only to appear once the limiter is lost and the tyrant is forced to transform. If Mr. X, the inferior model has his heart at the very least hidden beneath his limiter then it's not too far fetched to think they have done so as well for Nemesis. Even if the heart is exposed it's much better for it to be beneath the trench coat/limiter since canonically the trench coat itself is made of sturdy material that doubles as a bulletproof/shock proof coating rather than just a metal encasing. Now if you think it's not the heart but the nemesis parasite that is encased in his chest then you're wrong as well since the parasite should be implanted directly into his brain stem where it controls motor functions and allows Nemesis to be smarter than a typical tyrant. It allows the vulnerable transmitter that is exposed outside of tyrants that control them to be replaced by something protected inside Nemesis himself.

Of course, all of the past information may be retconned but I think it's a lot more logical than anything they may throw at Nemesis for the new design to be logical.

The nose and piano teeth is whatever. Very based on preference but personally I like the old one better.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
What if it's not his heart or the parasite, but the thing that keeps him under Umbrella's control? Could be simply for story purposes if he goes off the rails. Another Umbrella blunder.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
What if it's not his heart or the parasite, but the thing that keeps him under Umbrella's control? Could be simply for story purposes if he goes off the rails. Another Umbrella blunder.
Could be but then again they managed to control Mr. Xs with tiny transmitters the size of a flash drive stuck on his temples.

I hope it's at least something surprising that's not just another weak point.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
I don't care about the nose, all I care about is him being scary, which sadly he isn't.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Can't people just get this on PC and edit Nemesis out? If it's ok to play Sekiro on easy, no shame in playing RE3 in shoot zambies only mode.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Can't people just get this on PC and edit Nemesis out? If it's ok to play Sekiro on easy, no shame in playing RE3 in shoot zambies only mode.
They can and it was done for Mr. X in the PC version for Resident Evil 2. Console players are kinda stuck dealing with getting scared though lmao.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
It did, but it's laughable how wide that spread is.

Really hate when game developers just use the shotgun as a "greater than two feet -> sand blaster" method of balance. Shit, REmake 2 had a decent shotgun spread (even if it was too wide compared to real life but that's not that big of a deal)
I see the RE devs are big fans of Destiny.

What the hell is going on here?! Is this an image of Friendship or friend, rip?

Kemono

â–² Legend â–²
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man i'm really interested in how they manage to give us the means to protect us against him and the other creatures.

In Resident Evil 2 it worked because Mr. X was only really a problem when he stomped right at you and you had no room to get away (or enemies in your path). This was the imo brilliant way to use him in 2. He wasn't the problem but he shoved you into stuff you left behind (enemies) or made you hectic (so that you made mistakes).

This time around he will shoot at you and won't just go away if you're hiding in a save room. He's going to be so much more agressive.

Many people hated the little bit of Mr. Xs stalking. This will split the fanbase imo.

Maybe easy mode is really easy this time.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
I don't get the hate for Nemmy's nose?
It makes him look more "human" and reminds you that he once was a man which is creepy af.

Although i wouldn't mind if they remade the OG Nemesis skin for DLC along with original soundtrack like they did with REmake2