• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
~1:21 in the trailer

I know already, but thank you. This has been posted by numerous people, and even after I pointed out the time it happens myself. Edited my first post for the rest that are missing my other replies. Besides not hearing it when I initially posted, there's an /s in the post too (I was getting the game even if he didn't say it).

Can't people just get this on PC and edit Nemesis out? If it's ok to play Sekiro on easy, no shame in playing RE3 in shoot zambies only mode.

Probably. Funny thing is, finding out recently about the "X no more" mod on PC (and watching a friend finally start playing the game), I decided to return to the game myself and see how it felt again with a new playthrough and to see if using the mod would make the experience more enjoyable for me. After ending up beating it two and a half times since, I want to say that it probably would, but the actual time spent in the police station where he's chasing you is actually quite small once you actually know what to do from your first run. So I never bothered with the mod yet. It doesn't make much of a difference until the second (scenario) playthrough where he's present much earlier.

No shame in playing how you want, although I do want to convince my friend to actually play his first playthrough not using the unlimited Samurai. That's kind of cheating in a way, especially when it's missing the point of the series, and ammo is numerous anyway. His biggest gripe was having to shoot zombies in the head 5 -10 times (thanks adaptive difficulty) to keep them down, so I suggested him using the Samurai just to even get him to play, and he's on assisted mode so their health doesn't scale up if he happens to do well. Now that I finally unlocked the infinite combat knife, I'm going to try to get him to just play with the knife, but to also find his own bullets, blow legs off and then just hack them to bits kind of like you could in the older games.

Also, not sure how anyone can hate on the Hunters, they look perfect!

I thought they looked perfect too, until someone posted an up close picture of their face, especially their eyes. They still look great to me as long as I'm not paying too much attention to their eyes, but now I can't unsee them.

Last edited:

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
They can and it was done for Mr. X in the PC version for Resident Evil 2. Console players are kinda stuck dealing with getting scared though lmao.

Haha, it's all good to me! Preordered for Xbox One X. My daughters love to watch me play these, Nemesis is going to give them nightmares. :D

Edit: These graphics are insane, especially when we get 4k and 60fps! I can't imagine what Capgods will do next gen! Also, not sure how anyone can hate on the Hunters, they look perfect!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Think the Drain Deimos will return? I imagine a giant mutant flea would look pretty gosh darn creepy in RE Engine.

NightKingistheWaif

alt account
Banned
May 14, 2019
Not scary enough. . . but let me play on easy mode. . take out Nemesis from the game with a mod. . . and the hunters too because they look bad. These takes in this thread lmao.

Only thing I was worried about in this trailer was the shotgun blast that did almost nothing to the zombie. But I guess the intention was to show that the spread is ridiculous on the shotgun and you can't just snipe zombies from the distance with it, which is a good thing.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do we know if the gunpowder system is in the remake?
want dem ice rounds

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they looked perfect too, until someone posted an up close picture of their face, especially their eyes. They still look great to me as long as I'm not paying too much attention to their eyes, but now I can't unsee them.

TBF all Hunters have either looked bad or goofy. Even REmake's, which were terrifying in-game, had practically googly eyes if the models face was illuminated.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Think the Drain Deimos will return? I imagine a giant mutant flea would look pretty gosh darn creepy in RE Engine.
I got this feeling they got cut and Hunters will fill their role too. But who knows.
Oh they better. These things would make lickers look like a pony when compared if they return.

They are

pretty sure they even show up in the original trailer

Yeldres

Nov 6, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Using the shotgun so far away from the zombie was a mistake. Even in RE2R you need to be pretty close, like literally just a few inch away from an enemy to do some damage

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
someone noted that there's goopy nesty shit in the sewers and up in the substation

resident-evil-3-remake-sewer.jpg

IMG_20200114_112454.jpg

unlikely any other monster from the original RE3 would do that besides Drain Deimos or Brain Suckers

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
Something I've noticed in this trailer is they purposefully don't show Nemesis dynamically stalking you. Watching the trailer a few times, it's clear Flamethrower Nemesis is a boss battle you fight probably a bit before the subway train escape attempt. We see one shot of Nemmy in the streets with his tentacles, and cutscene shots of him from the opening of the game, but they kinda' purposefully are avoiding showing how he stalks you in Raccoon City streets I noticed.

This trailer was cut to show off a lot more setpiece scenes, guns, and the like, which is fine as it's a great trailer. But I also feel they want to keep Nemesis stalking the player a bit of a surprise for the moment.

The equivalent for RE7 I think would be if they showed the Garage boss fight and some more action scenes with him like when he picks you up from the bathroom and bursts through the wall, rather than how he works when you're exploring the Baker Estate.

Nemmy... I won't play RE3 the same way now :__)

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are

pretty sure they even show up in the original trailer
someone noted that there's goopy nesty shit in the sewers and up in the substation

resident-evil-3-remake-sewer.jpg

IMG_20200114_112454.jpg

unlikely any other monster from the original RE3 would do that besides Drain Deimos or Brain Suckers
Itt is spiders I am mostly worried about. I really hope they return..

Would be cool if those things are hives and you need to burn them to stop Drain Deimos from returning into the area.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The original RE3 is like the ultimate zombie outbreak game. Just crazy shit everywhere: flesh-eating zombies, dogs, spiders, worms, fleas, Hunters, and of course Nemesis leaping through windows with a three-point fist-to-the-floor anime landing. The original was scarier AND more action-packed than the original RE2. Hopefully the remake can pull off the same feat relative to the RE2 remake.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The question I'm left with is, will Nemesis ever be a dynamic element in the game? Will we ever just explore bigger interconnected areas or did they sell out to cutsceneathon scripted moments and Michael bayisms.

I like the trailer but I just hope being not as much a Capcom game as it is that Ex-Platinum team that they're gonna linearize the shit out of the game.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The hunter we saw was the frog one, right?

I want to see the bloody, red one. That shit looked disturbing and devilish. I hope they can nail that design.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The whole nose debate is beyond ridiculous to me. Like...it's a nose. It doesn't even stand out that much in the trailer and it definitely won't in gameplay.

We have people who want Nemesis to look exactly the same.
We have people who want Jill to dress exactly the same.
We have people who want the way Brad die to be exactly the same.

You see what is happening here. You know, just ignore it, otherwise it will kill your joy for any new announcement trailer if you keep paying attention to these people. At this rate they just want a new graphic wrap around the old game.

I mean I don't even know what's unique or special about Nemesis nose and other shit. If original game design the dude with nose and they remove it in remake, it will be the same complain.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
So they featured this game at a Capcom TV show, right?

Did we get anything new from that?

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nemesis chasing Jill with flamethrower looks a bit goofy. Sometimes less is more. Generally not a fan of his design, perfect hollywood monster teeth sit oddly next to that skew nose.

Can't deny the game looks stunning from a graphical point of view.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
never played the games, what's the beef nemesis has with jill

Spoilering just in case

Nemesis was built specifically to hunt down every last member of STARS (which Jill is a part of), who were the one who figured out Umbrella was creating a virus in Resident Evil 1

Wrynn

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if there will be more mobility options for Jill. If I recall correctly, in the original game Nemesis would sprint towards you and even cancel attacks to change direction fast and hit you, but Jill had a roll move that helped dodging him.
RE2 remake has very limited mobility movements in a way that avoiding Mr. X is only possible because he is slow as hell and his attacks are predictable.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I wonder if there will be more mobility options for Jill. If I recall correctly, in the original game Nemesis would sprint towards you and even cancel attacks to change direction fast and hit you, but Jill had a roll move that helped dodging him.
RE2 remake has very limited mobility movements in a way that avoiding Mr. X is only possible because he is slow as hell and his attacks are predictable.
we've already seen a (Revelations 2 style?) directional dodge move in some of the first gameplay shown

QoG8j7N.gif

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
We have people who want Nemesis to look exactly the same.
We have people who want Jill to dress exactly the same.
We have people who want the way Brad die to be exactly the same.

You see what is happening here. You know, just ignore it, otherwise it will kill your joy for any new announcement trailer if you keep paying attention to these people. At this rate they just want a new graphic wrap around the old game.

I mean I don't even know what's unique or special about Nemesis nose and other shit. If original game design the dude with nose and they remove it in remake, it will be the same complain.

DeAdn4H.jpg

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The question I'm left with is, will Nemesis ever be a dynamic element in the game? Will we ever just explore bigger interconnected areas or did they sell out to cutsceneathon scripted moments and Michael bayisms.

I like the trailer but I just hope being not as much a Capcom game as it is that Ex-Platinum team that they're gonna linearize the shit out of the game.
How do people even jump to so many conclusions?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They did say that he has an expanded version of the Mr X AI so I doubt he won't be dynamic. He will probably be a mix of RE3 and REmake 2. Scripted badass moments along with some random encpunters in between depending on if you kill him or not.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I might have seen the trailer a few times now, and one of my favorite scenes is Jill going: "It's me he's after, I'll buy you some time".

I argued a lot here about why it was so important that Jill x Nemesis be a personal thing, and that it shouldn't be changed in any way. Why two campaigns wouldn't be ideal, or a co-op, or why Carlos didn't fiight Nemesis in the same way as Jill and so on.

And that scene shows the reason. I'm really happy with how RE3 is turning out.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

I don't mind the chest piece dou... and maybe a few large vessels sticking out wouldn't be bad either.

I see a lot of people laughing off the nose complaint and I'm glad y'all are not detracted by that.
To me personally the nose just kills it... I have lost sleep as a child because of og nemesis and now this nose is laughable to me. Luckily in certain quick shots the nose is hard to notice but the moment Nemesis pauses... its just pure hilarious distraction, always reminding me of the nobodies from devil may cry, ironically a disturbing enemy in the game.

I get that this redesign is supposed to channel the nemesis creation of a prototype that is yet to be "tested" with the caution tapes, holding back its future forms and the crooked nose to portray this abomination as a wounded animal perverted beyond human recognition... like I get that.... but this nemesis is not going to leave any impressions with me. This "humanizing" of Nemesis with the nose definitely weakens the scare factor to me.

With the edit above, the deleted nose and subtlety goes a long way imo. Without the nose, Nemesis looks like a corpse, a skull rather, which purely personifies death and I think that is a wayyy better intimidation factor than the crooked, slasher flick vibe, nose.

At least the sound design will be on point and the looming presence of a tyrant is sure to keep me in the edge of my seat during first walkthrough.
Summed it up so well.

OG Nemesis haunted my childhood ( let's be real, he still does) because he looks like an otherworldly reaper.

The new design conveys that he was once human which is necessary, why? So we can feel sorry for him?

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

I don't mind the chest piece dou... and maybe a few large vessels sticking out wouldn't be bad either.

I see a lot of people laughing off the nose complaint and I'm glad y'all are not detracted by that.
To me personally the nose just kills it... I have lost sleep as a child because of og nemesis and now this nose is laughable to me. Luckily in certain quick shots the nose is hard to notice but the moment Nemesis pauses... its just pure hilarious distraction, always reminding me of the nobodies from devil may cry, ironically a disturbing enemy in the game.

I get that this redesign is supposed to channel the nemesis creation of a prototype that is yet to be "tested" with the caution tapes, holding back its future forms and the crooked nose to portray this abomination as a wounded animal perverted beyond human recognition... like I get that.... but this nemesis is not going to leave any impressions with me. This "humanizing" of Nemesis with the nose definitely weakens the scare factor to me.

With the edit above, the deleted nose and subtlety goes a long way imo. Without the nose, Nemesis looks like a corpse, a skull rather, which purely personifies death and I think that is a wayyy better intimidation factor than the crooked, slasher flick vibe, nose.

At least the sound design will be on point and the looming presence of a tyrant is sure to keep me in the edge of my seat during first walkthrough.

Old design haunted you because you were young, actually anything can haunt you even the low polygon zombie in first RE. Don't be silly. This design can haunt the same playing it as a kid.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Summed it up so well.

OG Nemesis haunted my childhood ( let's be real, he still does) because he looks like an otherworldly reaper.

The new design conveys that he was once human which is necessary, why? So we can feel sorry for him?
Maybe it's just nostalgia. Some would say it makes it scarier just knowing this monster was just a guy.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I also don't like the obvious weakpoint on chest. The original nemesis did not have that.
It makes sense in the way Nemesis is a Tyrant with a NE type parasite. Maybe CAPCOM wants to reiterate that.
You just know someone will grab the Nemesis audio files from OG RE3 and mod them in REmake 3 within days of launch.

The sooner the better, not a fan of the new voice.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if the helicopter theory is true but they still combine Nemesis impaling his head. For example, imagine Nemesis jumping onto the front of the helicopter like the terminator in Terminator 2. Nemesis extends his hand and impales Brad through the windshield with his tentacle. Nemesis jumps off and then the helicopter crashes.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The voice clip of stars from the RE2 sounds perfect and better than ever. Of course that's from 3

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So the only RE game I've beaten is REmake 2 and I loved it, so I'm really excited for this. How much of the game is the same map is REmake2?