• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the correct brightness settings?

I tried various ones and didn't really found one that I liked.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, one thing that bugs me is that they removed the visual healing factor of tentacles writhing over the body that Nemesis, and Lisa Trevor, had from the parasite. He just gets back up or appears in a new scene looking rougher or transformed.

Between that and how overt those odd headcrab takes on the parasite were, the Nemesis itself was kind of tossed into the trash lore-wise. Then again, these remakes and newer titles have been pretty bad at the world building compared to 5 and prior.

Carlos is so good in this.

Could they actually fix Steve in a CV remake?
I'm really looking forward to them one day coming around to CV. It's where I started checking out story-wise with Steve, Matrix Wesker, and fireball tossing-incest-insect-lady, but I wouldn't mind some of that being revisited with better hands. There's also a lot of room to improve in the level and encounter designs that will make it very much its own game when remade

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Carlos is so good in this.

Could they actually fix Steve in a CV remake?

I think they could do a good job fixing him, so long as they don't try to make him cool or a love interest or anything like that. Steve is a pathetic and ultimately pitiable character. He isn't cool, he isn't even really that competent. To me, the best way to fix him is if they can find a way to humanize him and not make him such an active detriment to the group, while still keeping him kind of pathetic.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Carlos is really great. Why didn't he appear in subsequent games?

RE always kind of shuffles it's side characters off into a rubbish bin. Barry had a cameo in original 3, and then didn't appear again n canon for over a decade and a half (he did show up in RE5 mercenaries DLC, so there's that, but that seemed mainly because they already had a model for him due to REmake). Becky had Zero, a similar role as non-canon DLC character in 5, then was never seen in canon until Vendetta. Billy Coen just walked off into the Arklay Woods, and it's completely possible he got devoured by the undead because we never saw him again afterwards. Even main-ish characters disappear--Claire dropped out of canon from CVX, had a somewhat bit part in Degeneration where she spent most of the film in in the back while Leon was the big hero, then was not seen again until Revelations 2. And... Jill got RE1, 3, Rev 1, and... DLC in 5, then again disappeared.

(I will note that I'm not counting the Chronicles games, or other retellings as appearances for anyone).

Essentially, if you aren't Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy, we might not hear from you for a while. Or ever.

And those were characters people liked. Original Carlos was... not hated, but very few people were actually clamoring for him to return. He was mainly known for being a lech with a goofy voice actor ("All the foxy ladies love my accent"... which disappeared every other line). Like, Carlos was always sorta just a "there" character--not as disdained as Steve, but not nearly as popular as other second bananas.

I've no doubt with the right writing, they could improve Steve. Honestly, I want him to fuck up once bigtime, and then realize he's a fuckup and improve (rather than CVX, where he fucks up repeatedly, never improves, yet still we're supposed to buy Claire falling for him).

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
So, does anyone know where I can find good Resident Evil 3 wallpapers?

RE always kind of shuffles it's side characters off into a rubbish bin. Barry had a cameo in original 3, and then didn't appear again n canon for over a decade and a half (he did show up in RE5 mercenaries, so there's that). Becky had zero, a similar role as "non-canon secret character" in 5, then was never seen in canon until Vendetta. Even main-ish characters disappear--Claire dropped out of canon from CVX, had a somewhat bit part in Degeneration where she spent most of the film in in the back while Leon was the big hero, then was not seen again until Revelations 2. And... Jill got RE1, 3, Rev 1, and... DLC in 5, then again disappeared.

Essentially, if you aren't Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy, we might not hear from you for a while.

And those were characters people liked. Original Carlos was... not hated, but very few people were actually clamoring for him to return. He was mainly known for being a lech with a goofy voice actor ("All the foxy ladies love my accent"... which disappeared every other line). Like, Carlos was always sorta just a "there" character--not as disdained as Steve, but not nearly as popular as other second bananas.

I've no doubt with the right writing, they could improve Steve. Honestly, I want him to fuck up once bigtime, and then realize he's a fuckup and improve (rather than CVX, where he fucks up repeatedly, never improves, yet still we're supposed to buy Claire falling for him).
That was a very informative reply that I wasn't expecting haha. I like Leon, I really do, but I think that he and chris became too cartoonish in their respectives 2º games.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Hmmm... I'm really warming up to this game after my third playthrough. I still don't like having to do the cinematic bits in the intro but this is a great game to speedrun through. While it may not be better than RE2make it makes for a lovely companion piece and a sort of nice 'bridge' title between the classic RE style and more over-the-top RE4 style.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... I'm really warming up to this game after my third playthrough. I still don't like having to do the cinematic bits in the intro but this is a great game to speedrun through. While it may not be better than RE2make it makes for a lovely companion piece and a sort of nice 'bridge' title between the classic RE style and more over-the-top RE4 style.

Companion piece was the exact phrasing that went through my head as I was playing RE3. It doesn't quite stand on its own as a new game but it's a great way to get more RE2, so to speak.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Can someone please explain to me how to reliably deal with the Beta Hunters? Stopping them doesn't seem to be based on the shots fired, but an extremely difficult to ascertain timing window. The Hunters do this sort of lunge attack, and sometimes if I shoot them then it staggers them, but others Jill just gets gobbled immediately after firing.

Four handgun shots in a row and nothing. The shotgun is less reliable for me though.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone playing on an Xbox One X, the game just got updated and it's finally running at a solid 60 fps.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Can someone please explain to me how to reliably deal with the Beta Hunters? Stopping them doesn't seem to be based on the shots fired, but an extremely difficult to ascertain timing window. The Hunters do this sort of lunge attack, and sometimes if I shoot them then it staggers them, but others Jill just gets gobbled immediately after firing.

Four handgun shots in a row and nothing. The shotgun is less reliable for me though.
When I was controlling Carlos, I had a hard time facing them, gave up and ran, while with Jill, using the grenade launcher, they were not a problem.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
You know what would be cool is a clocktower DLC with Carlos as enough time passes between events outside it and where he goes it could work.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On my 5th run after no item box cleared. Seeing if I can manage a S run on standard with the Samurai Edge and the assault coins, but Nemesis gave me some issues during his second chase while attempting to grab the gems. Just over an hour having grabbed the hip pouch from the RPD West Office safe, so unless I can shave time at the hospital I may have to settle for a kill count record topping me over for the infinite launcher and dodge book.

For anyone playing on an Xbox One X, the game just got updated and it's finally running at a solid 60 fps.
That's great news! I'm enjoying it on PS4 Pro, but it sometimes looks a bit blurry/Vaseline smeared. May get the XBO version on the cheap down the line, as I was worried about drops when trying to dodge.

You know what would be cool is a clocktower DLC with Carlos as enough time passes between events outside it and where he goes it could work.
It really would. Quickest route to the hospital through there, while a downtown/park section prior since there's half a day to work with.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Game is incredible. Have to put it aside for a bit for Final Fantasy 7, but started my 4th play through this morning, this time tackling it on Hardcore. Simple enough... until Nemesis shows up. He's no joke now and the threat actually feels real with how much faster and aggressive he is compared to the lower difficulties.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Got my S rank and no health item run today. Game is so much fun to re-run. I think RE2 is better on the whole, but going through the whole campaign is way more exhausting. Interesting how these two games are so similar and yet so different.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
So just a question about the post-credits scene

Are they teasing a potential Code Veronica Remake?
People's interpretations on that scene are all over the place but I think the simplest explanation is the winner here.
It's just Jill in a healthier looking optimistic apartment (in contrast to the dreary wrecked one we find her in at the start, she even has a punching bag in the corner) picking up the remains of the cure to continue her investigation into dismantling Umbrella like she says she will in the games final moments.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You sure about this, or are you going off a hunch because it feels slightly more fluid? That would be a very short turn around time for a patch that fixes performance.
I'm super sensitive to framerate fluctuations. I saved my progress 2 days ago and that part was running at 45 fps or close. I loaded the file today after the update and the game is now a solid 60 on that part and over the hour or so that I played. It runs like Remake 2, with gameplay being solid 60 and cutscenes being a bit below sometimes due to high quality assets.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
SO if a zombie latches on to you, youre going to get bitten no matter what right? Im spamming X and it does nothing.

Yeah, I decided to see what would happen if I didn't press anything, I died from one attack and I was at full health.

So I've completed all records except for all weapon parts. Missing one. I have no idea where it could be. May have to look it up.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
I'm super sensitive to framerate fluctuations. I saved my progress 2 days ago and that part was running at 45 fps or close. I loaded the file today after the update and the game is now a solid 60 on that part and over the hour or so that I played. It runs like Remake 2, with gameplay being solid 60 and cutscenes being a bit below sometimes due to high quality assets.
Nice, I'll probably pick it up then. No idea it would be fixed (at all, much less this soon).

I couldn't stand the uneven frame rate in the demo, despite liking the game itself.

Just booted up the demo (which also got an update) and it seems to run much better as well. Geez Capcom, did you forget to flip a switch or something Before? This plays much better now.

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I decided to see what would happen if I didn't press anything, I died from one attack and I was at full health.

So I've completed all records except for all weapon parts. Missing one. I have no idea where it could be. May have to look it up.
Weapon Parts are (in order of appearance):

Handgun sights uptown safe
Handgun clip down Nemesis between garage and subway control
Handgun barrel modulator down Nemesis between Moon's Doughnuts and subway after parasite headcrabs appear
Shotgun tactical package insert blue(?)gem into subway statue
Shotgun semi-auto barrel left when entering Kendo's Gunshop
AR sight STARS lockbox inside RPD West Office
AR double mag Inside Spencer Memorial Nurse's station safe
AR grip Jump out of the first broken window on the second floor and check the planter/pot on the right hedgerow
Shotgun cartridge in an alcove by the elevator after squeezing through a gap in the Nest 2 warehouse. You'll have to lower the platform first to cross into the alcove.
Magnum extended barrel After gathering the fuses in the Nest 2 warehouse and going to the control room Nicolai was watching from, go to the other side of the console to the right by the glass

Hope that helps

Last edited:

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Weapon Parts are

Handgun sights uptown safe
Handgun clip down Nemesis between garage and subway control
Handgun barrel modulator down Nemesis between Moon's Doughnuts and subway after parasite headcrabs appear
Shotgun tactical package insert blue(?)gem into subway statue
Shotgun semi-auto barrel left when entering Kendo's Gunshop
AR sight STARS lockbox inside RPD West Office
AR double mag Inside Spencer Memorial Nurse's station safe
AR grip Jump out of the first broken window on the second floor and check the planter/pot on the right hedgerow
Shotgun cartridge in an alcove by the elevator after squeezing through a gap in the Nest 2 warehouse
Magnum extended barrel After gathering the fuses in the Nest 2 warehouse and going to the control room Nicolai was watching from, go to the other side of the console to the right by the glass

Hope that helps

Thanks! Looks like it's the Shotgun cartridge I keep missing.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

If you can actually detect the difference between 45fps and 60fps with a 2 day space in between you're either a cyborg or insane. :)

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017

Thanks! Looks like it's the Shotgun cartridge I keep missing.

I was literally just going to post that there are a couple in Underground Storage that are quite easy to miss!

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Hmmm, tempted to buy on Xbox as well now that the FPS is fixed so that I can start fresh, lol! I had way too much fun this last week. 45 hours and counting. It may be a little shorter(not to me since I took my time and played 9 hours on my first run), but the replayability and records more than make up for it imo. I've never played a RE for this long. I hope they have something similar to keep me playing RE8 and any other remakes! I'm so happy RE is amazing again.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Lol, I guess Nemmy needs like two grenades or something now to be taken down in Nightmare. Also it is raining zombies! This mode is fun (well at least with a couple coins and the manual :P).

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny the new kickstarter boardgame for this has more alternate costumes than the product itself. Now I'm sad again.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny the new kickstarter boardgame for this has more alternate costumes than the product itself. Now I'm sad again.
I'll have to look into that one. The RE2 one had a good variety and fairly faithful scenarios, but it was brutally difficult at certain player counts and the maps and certain "components" were difficult to see.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

I only see the biker one? Would be cool if they threw in a STARS outfit one too (Edit: ah they did!).

Anyway, this boardgame sounds cool, but I probably wouldn't play it much, nor would I find anyone to play it with anyway. XD

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Guys we now have REmake, RE2make and R3make! Who would have thought we would get this a few years ago? And I think all of them are awesome in their own rights! And so different from each other. I am happy! 🥳

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Just started a Nightmare playthrough while waiting for FF7 to unlock. Really fun way to do an extra play through. Really glad they are sticking with the idea of remixed items and enemies. Really like how many more enemies and how they show up in some places lol.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I beat the game on XB1X two days ago and loaded up some save files just now post-patch. It seems pretty smooth shooting and running around. It felt pretty close to playing how RE2 felt. Might be a placebo, who knows. Maybe one of the experts can test it out.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Important Question: Does Carlos get any slutty costumes?
mods provide
133a771d2ba53088abdb437f86d741913acf7b88.gifv

Oct 25, 2017
Guys we now have REmake, RE2make and R3make! Who would have thought we would get this a few years ago? And I think all of them are awesome in their own rights! And so different from each other. I am happy! 🥳

Unbelievably happy with the state of RE this gen. We got three high quality and diverse AAA titles which all push the series in different directions while somehow feeling true to the series' roots.