• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
is that the motherfucking GRAVEDIGGER?!? Why's he smiling at me like that aaaaaaaaaaaaa
esy090clg1x01.jpg

its Meeaaat

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The answer to this is a bit complicated, despite everyone saying RE3 was an RE2 clone and most of the locations were the same, neither of these statements were ever true of the original. RE2 the original you spend something like 2/3rds of the game in the RPD Police Station, while in RE3 the first half of the game is within Raccoon City and the second half is smaller more linear environments.

I don't know how it'll be in the final game exactly, but what I had heard like a year and a half ago was the first half of the game was going to be a lot more explorable, not open world but there'd be a lot of side things to do and explore. The first main objective of RE3 after the beginning stuff is to get the Subway up and running with various parts scattered around the city, and there's a decent chunk of Raccoon City you can explore. There's also things to do off the beaten path, I think you can rescue optional survivors which have benefits at this stage of the game.

However, like the original game once the Subway is fixed the game then locks in for more linear locations that kinda' go one after another. Honestly this is basically just how the original game was just for a more modern era and not restrained by the PS1 hardware, but that's what you should expect.

So in basic, first half of the game you got a big chunk of Raccoon City to explore, second half of the game you're going through location through location pretty linearly. At least that's what I had heard a year and a half ago, though I very much doubt that's changed.

You almost make it sound like FFXV. Open world-ish first half, then you get on a train and the second half becomes linear environments.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You almost make it sound like FFXV. Open world-ish first half, then you get on a train and the second half becomes linear environments.
In a way, that's how the original RE3 was. In the first half you are exploring the city and can choose where to go first (Sales Office, Power Station, etc.) Upon getting the train fixed the game becomes linear: Clock Tower -> Hospital -> Park -> Factory.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
The wait is killing me!! Even though I try to not watch much gameplay before my most anticipated games are released I really think I won't be able to do that in this case lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Started my RE2 replay and I'm already even more hyped for 3. This engine is just so darn good and RE2 shines as a remake. I can't imagine a scenario where 3 also isn't awesome. Can't wait to read the previews today.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Started my RE2 replay and I'm already even more hyped for 3. This engine is just so darn good and RE2 shines as a remake. I can't imagine a scenario where 3 also isn't awesome. Can't wait to read the previews today.

Only one replay?

I lost track of how many times I replayed the game. You can definitely fit in some more replays. Maybe get the infinite weapons too :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Only one replay?

I lost track of how many times I replayed the game. You can definitely fit in some more replays. Maybe get the infinite weapons too :)
I ran through it plenty of times at launch. But I wanted to do another replay before 3 launched as a refresher. Part of me wants to go for the plat trophy but I'm not quite sure I can be bothered on a couple of them.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, Japan midnight is less than 2 hours, so hopefully we'll get info then!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Totally indifferent towards crows but i wouldn't mind if they return as part of the scenery,like seeing them pecking on a corpse,flying around or hearing them cawing in the background but no more than that.

Agreed. They should be back for the atmosphere and character of the city.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The sounds of the crows are so ingrained into my mind as a Resident Evil connection.

The crows themselves? Fuck 'em. RE4 did it the right way- just have them as background ambience.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The time it'll almost definitely happen is in an hour and a half from now, 8 AM PST / 11 AM EST / 5 PM CET. Which with the current cycle will be more 1 AM in Tokyo time.

Capcom has a tendency to do media drops that aren't associated with other events on Tuesdays this time you'll notice a trend for, the same day of the week and time was often used for RE7/RE2/the previous RE3 updates.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Why stop at stealth demo? The whole game is going stealth live...

right.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Previews might be rolling when I go home... : /

Hope there would be direct feed B-roll with no commentary.