• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
New Details from cvxfreak & other Translators
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
They're saying Resident Evil 2 they tried to stick closer to the original in many ways to capture the spirit of it, but for Resident Evil 3 they are going to make some bigger changes to the game. They even say some story events may be dramatically changed to what we remember.

One of their big goals with RE3 Remake was to make the cast of characters more interesting, and stand out as an interesting cast you care about.

Dario from RE3 has a MUCH larger role, confirmed he's in and does a lot more now (he was the truck dude from the beginning of RE3).

Hunter Beta is confirmed to be in the game, but hints it may behave quite differently as they've reimagined the Hunter enemy for the modern era and gameplay style, and how to make Hunters more interesting for a modern audience.

(again, the tidbits I am posting are a mixture of what cvx is saying and what a friend is saying to me, so some of my points will mirror but may be slightly different than what cvx is saying due to what they focus on mentioning I suppose.)

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Collector's Edition Jill Statue shown off, looks to be about a foot or so tall:

072ff9bb768c6420ce7df82ebfd025c0.jpg

New Trailer Early Next Year
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of Japanese specific stuff being talked about so I'm not really summarizing. I think the main thing is they have a lot of interesting parts of RE3 they have to show, they're working on the second trailer right now, it will feature Carlos and Nemesis a lot more and show some cool things we may be interested to know. The trailer will hit early next year (probably in January is my bet).

There is a Famitsu article coming out tomorrow that's 14 pages which they say will have a lot more tidbits.

RE3 segment looks like it's over, there were a few interesting fan questions answered about Dario, Hunter, etc., but they only answered a few really. Still, I guess a couple small interesting things, but wasn't a more interesting showing.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dario from RE3 has a MUCH larger role, confirmed he's in and does a lot more now (he was the truck dude from the beginning of RE3).

This is very interesting. He was the only character not in the reveal trailer so I figured he wasn't going to be in the game as much (if at all). I'm not huge on Dario so him having a much bigger role isn't that exciting to me, but it is cool. Hopefully they put as much effort into expanding Brad's role.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
They're saying Resident Evil 2 they tried to stick closer to the original in many ways to capture the spirit of it, but for Resident Evil 3 they are going to make some bigger changes to the game. They even say some story events may be dramatically changed to what we remember.

One of their big goals with RE3 Remake was to make the cast of characters more interesting, and stand out as an interesting cast you care about.

Hunter Beta is confirmed to be in the game, but hints it may behave quite differently as they've reimagined the Hunter enemy for the modern era and gameplay style, and how to make Hunters more interesting for a modern audience.

(again, the tidbits I am posting are a mixture of what cvx is saying and what a friend is saying to me, so some of my points will mirror but may be slightly different than what cvx is saying due to what they focus on mentioning I suppose.)
There's gonna be a TON of fans who aren't gonna be happy about this. Can't wait to see these characters fleshed out more and what they change.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is very interesting. He was the only character not in the reveal trailer so I figured he wasn't going to be in the game as much (if at all). I'm not huge on Dario so him having a much bigger role isn't that exciting to me, but it is cool. Hopefully they put as much effort into expanding Brad's role.
I'm almost thinking they may spin him as a more of a broken angle he has. I can see them either making him more tragic or more asshole-ish. I think the latter, since in the original RE3 he shuts himself in and acts like a bit of a dick to Jill, plus we know he lost everyone to the zombie outbreak.

I could see him either being a broken and scared man, or a man who selfishly wants to live and do whatever it takes to ensure his own survival. My guesses of where they may go with him.

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you a lot Dusk for the translation.

I'm really happy that they are shaking much more things up this time with RE3R... it will feels like RE3 but in the same time a lot more refreshing experience.

I can't wait to see how beautiful the Clock Tower is going to look like now, I want it to be majestic and gives us some of the Spencer Mansion vibes and atmosphere... they can totally do it.

So, trailer early next year? So nothing for Jump Festa :/ !!

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot of Japanese specific stuff being talked about so I'm not really summarizing. I think the main thing is they have a lot of interesting parts of RE3 they have to show, they're working on the second trailer right now, it will feature Carlos and Nemesis a lot more and show some cool things we may be interested to know. The trailer will hit early next year (probably in January is my bet).

There is a Famitsu article coming out tomorrow that's 14 pages which they say will have a lot more tidbits.

RE3 segment looks like it's over, there were a few interesting fan questions answered about Dario, Hunter, etc., but they only answered a few really. Still, I guess a couple small interesting things, but wasn't a more interesting showing.
That's why they mentioned PV2, I got excited for a moment but then I realized that it would have been too crazy to expect it being dropped at the stream.

Can't wait to know more though!!
Also, Jill's figure looks great

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost thinking they may spin him as a more of a broken angle he has. I can see them either making him more tragic or more asshole-ish. I think the latter, since in the original RE3 he shuts himself in and acts like a bit of a dick to Jill, plus we know he lost everyone to the zombie outbreak.

I could see him either being a broken and scared man, or a man who selfishly wants to live and do whatever it takes to ensure his own survival. My guesses of where they may go with him.

Yeah I'm interested to see what they do with him, especially given Kendo basically took a lot from him and we know he's in this game too.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
RE3 is generally considered less sacred so I think it should be mostly fine.

The pacing of RE3 is so strong though, and one of its greatest strengths in my opinion. Obviously a highly different reimagining can still be just as, or more, effective, but I'm still concerned about how things are removed or rearranged. I'm specifically worried if the remake will incorporate the variety of areas after the streets without cutting them short or using them as mere foot notes or set dressing. The clocktower, the hospital, park, and dead factory are all really important. I'm also not big on expanding Dario's role. I know a lot of folks were fans of Marvin having increased screen time and development in RE2make but that was take it or leave it for me. But if this also means we get more mileage out of Nicholai and Mikhail than I'm down with it.

Also, the M37 HAS to be in.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Interesting info. And that background was really cool. Although for the time it was on I thought they would have talked more about RE3.
Same, I was expecting more tbh. I guess to look on the bright side, they are kinda slow playing the info right now IMO. So when they ramp up it should come fast and heavy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Same, I was expecting more tbh. I guess to look on the bright side, they are kinda slow playing the info right now IMO. So when they ramp up it should come fast and heavy 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm waiting for Michael to get the inside scoop. He's typically my source for real Resident Evil news.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm happy to hear that they will expand on the cast and the events of the game. RE3 mercs always felt interesting but they didn't do much.
And the story of the original is the weakest of the originals, so I'm all in with expanding and changing it !

The only thing I don't want change at all is
Mikhail's sacrifice.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They proved with RE2 thier new ideas made the game much better then the originals, they delivered, so i have no issues with them wanting to go further. They know RE better then anyone alive today.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
There's gonna be a TON of fans who aren't gonna be happy about this. Can't wait to see these characters fleshed out more and what they change.
Someone fans were always going to be unhappy unless this wasn't an exact 1:1 remake of the game. They were always going to hone in on any little differences and make a big deal about how they're vastly worse than the original.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
They can change as much as they like as long as the major beats are hit.

Brad's death, police station exploration, chase to the clocktower, Jill infected, Carlos saves Jill & the Nemesis final showdown

Expand & change the finer details as much as they like - I can't wait to see what they have created.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I don't know why but the fact that they're dramaticaly changing some things in the game makes me think that
They're going to kill Carlos.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
So after this when can we expect gameplay or the next trailer? They only have 4 months before release!

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I wonder if Chief Irons will make a cameo appearance? And if by expanding Dario's role they'll make him a martyr. Brad seems way more heroic from the trailer, he was the wimp of the Bravo Team (in both RE1 and RE3 he was running away lol) so I wonder if they are giving him a redemption arc in this.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they don't go overboard with more characters and cameos. I don't really need more Dario or Kendo or Irons.
I still like to feel a bit like I am left alone in the dark in a city full of dead.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you a proper story coming in.