• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.

408.jpg

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The nose on nemesis looks actually broken, like it got a bad face transplant over whatever monster is behind. I kinda get the concept...

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out, but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the platyer lots of room to do things off the beaten path.
So in

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Damn! Nemesis looks disgusting, which is awesome. Also digging the redesigns for Jill and Carlos.
Judging from RE2 this will be my GOTY 2020 (hoping it releases then).

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.

This sounds hot hot hot HOT.

Spoil me Capgod.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE I CAN'T RECALL THOSE PEOPLE WHERES JILL AND CARLOS WHO IS THIS MONSTER WHERES NEMESIS

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out, but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the platyer lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

Fuuuuuuck imagine if the city is just full of destructible scenery for Nemesis to blow up with his rocket launcher while he's chasing you. Or imagine intentionally destroying the environment to block his path. Or using the environment to down Nemesis to get those coveted gun parts.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

This sounds godly.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
She looks like a cool woman going through an apocalyptic situation instead of a weird tube top and miniskirt

Oh boo hoo. How will we live with and let me check my notes here

Checks notes

Making her look cool and you get to see less leg. Worlds ending man

I gave my opinion on her redesign. I never said the world was ending.

It's okay that people don't like the redesign, I promise. No need for your rude and condescending reply. You'll be fine.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That sounds almost too good.

Any info on a next-gen version?

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You make it sound a bit like the AI director in L4D, something along those lines?

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
At least this Jill isn't as ugly as the new Claire in Re2:remake. Still not sure why they had to drop the Voth look for this Portman one.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

This sounds great on paper, but also higher risk of going incredibly wrong...

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I dunno dudes I think that nose is pretty scary.

On the one hand that sounds like a departure from the tightly structured psuedo-adventure game thing they've gone with in VII and 2. On the other hand that sounds like what I personally wanted from 3 anyway.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Jill looks good. If RE2 was any indication there will likely be a torrential downpour going on in the city at somepoint, so I doubt a tube top and miniskirt would cut it. Personally I was never too fond of her original RE3 look anyway.

Nemesis will need time to grow on me though. I didn't like Mr. X's hat either but at least you could shoot that off.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I gave my opinion on her redesign. I never said the world was ending.

It's okay that people don't like the redesign, I promise. No need for your rude and condescending reply. You'll be fine.
I dunno man , just seems strange to me to see some people cape for a design that's always been hella weird and the character looks rad as fuck on this cover and you go " she looks generic " that dumbass tube top didn't look generic, it sounded like you just wanted to see some leg. And if that's the case, i'm sure there will be an alt. I dunno I think its more important design changes like this occur. More cool looking girl characters

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck me i want this game right nooooooooow

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Waaaait, whaaaaat?
TGA announcement then...

I'll miss Julia's face but it seems that this version of Jill will be quite good (not like the Revelations or ORC ones)

Caaaaan't wait!

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Love the redesigns for Jill and Carlos.

At first I raised an eyebrow over Nemesis, but the more I look at him the more unsettling he is.
Reminds me of Leatherface... but more visually... odd.
The way the skin of his (formerly) human face stretches out like that, the gross growth of his teeth... it's honestly giving me Lisa Trevor vibes, which is awesome.
Can't wait for the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.