• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's possible, to bring all the old RE games to the behind the shoulder camera style of 4. Maybe even Code Veronica as well.

Code veronica will nodubt be next if they plan to remake anything. But they won't touch 1 and zero.

Of course they could make it over the shoulder like remake but I cant see them remaking a Remaster of a remake.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know. The gum to tooth ratio is a little off in the new one. They look straight outta that episode from Angry Beavers where they let their teeth grow out.

giphy.gif

Will wait until I see it in motion before I decide if I hate it or not. He still looks creepy.

Yeah, I agree it does look a bit extra, I'm assuming it will look much better in-game.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Dying to get into Resident Evil but I don't know if I should play chronologically at this point or release wise. Only have a PS4 and Switch so it's hard to decide if RE2 remake should be played before RE4 for example.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Because that's not what RE3 is about, and that's not what Nemesis is about. Nemesis says STARS, he doesn't say UBCS.

Don't see why that matters at all. He fought Nemesis in the original game and I wouldn't mind seeing him developed a little more in the remake.

I'm also happy to see some Latine representation. I always liked Carlos in the original[/QUOTE]

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been a while since I played this game and I understand wanting to be sure the female protagonist gets to look like the proper badass she is...but I'm pretty sure Jill would be dead without Carlos and he does fight Nemesis straight up.

So if anything, you should be hoping it's less like the original, haha.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dying to get into Resident Evil but I don't know if I should play chronologically at this point or release wise. Only have a PS4 and Switch so it's hard to decide if RE2 remake should be played before RE4 for example.
Start with either Resident Evil (the original, the remake, the remaster, whatever one though the 2014 Remaster is the easiest one to get), Resident Evil 2 REmake, Resident Evil 4, or Resident Evil 7.

All four of those games have some plot connections, but all tell rather stand-alone stories and make for pretty great starting off points.

Oct 25, 2017
I think CVX has the most to gain from a REmake. Plus I love new Claire and her voice actress so I hope she gets more games as Claire.

I played some RE4 yesterday and that game is showing it's age control-wise. I'm open to that being remade too.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Play in the chronological order if you are interested in the story:
Zero - remake - remake 2 - code veronica - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7

If you dont habe the time just play: remake, remake 2 and 7

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Might need to replay the original.

Carlos is essential for Jill's survival and he fights Nemesis.
CARLOS LITERALLY FIGHTS NEMESIS

I would argue not really. He fights Nemesis all right, but Nemesis is not really fighting him. Not in the same way he fights Jill. I talk about this here.

I meant for just the cover. The game will likely stick to the original story pretty closely if you're worried about Jill's role being diminished. And at least it clearly puts Jill at the forefront.

I'm beyond worried at this point. Maybe it's just how much I've seen people looking down on RE3 (you can see it in this very thread) and this put in my head Capcom might do the same.

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't really matter a whole lot if you ask me. RE2, RE4 and RE2r all feel like they are from different universes.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Code Veronica has enough clout for them to possibly remake that down the road?
I can tell you right now though nothing is official yet (as far I know, I think they're waiting to see how REmake 3 performs, but I also am not super up to date) that remaking RE1, Code Veronica, RE4 and even RE5 have all been things they've been talking/thinking about internally. I don't know which one they'll choose to do next if things go forward though.

Speaking of personal feelings, I think Code Veronica needs a remake the most. It's original game suffers from some big game design flaws, but there's a lot of potential with its setting, characters, monsters, art direction, etc. I'm hoping a Code Veronica remake happens, I feel it has the most to gain from the remake treatment.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
4 really needs a remake. Its tone doesn't fit the series at all.

That's the exact problem with remaking 4. They change too much of what made RE4 the game it is and people are gonna go ham.

That game NEEDS to retain some of the crazy factor, Leon still needs to be able to go Donnie Yen on people, and deliver smart-assed one-liners. They mess up what's arguably the most beloved game in the series and they'll lose a lot of the good faith they've built up with the great games we've been getting lately.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Remake 1 is perfect for me, but I'm extremely open to exploring the Spencer Mansion again from this current new behind the shoulder formula. I think both can exist and provide unique gameplay styles to audiences.

EDIT: What I'm saying Capcom is remake Resident Evil 1 again. Do it (Nods head)

Sep 14, 2018
Don't see why that matters

Don't see why that matters at all. He fought Nemesis in the original game and I wouldn't mind seeing him developed a little more in the remake.

I'm also happy to see some Latine representation. I always liked Carlos in the original.

If that user feels anything like I do, it matters because taking the spotlight away from an iconic female character in favor of a male character would be very disappointing.

And yes we all know what Carlos does, he can do it all again and still not make it feel like less of a Jill focused game (by not expanding his role* further).

* Not characterization.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I do think CV is the most deserving of a remake after 3. All the other ones still hold up graphically and in gameplay.

CV lacked a lot of qol that was present in 3.

Oct 30, 2017
What was the last game to get a PSN pre-order page 9 months in advance?
if we looked at RE2 remake and RE7 between their announcements and the release 6 to 7 months. So I think will be Jun or July 2020.
Because Spring 2020 will be too soon... summer is always an avoidable time for big AAA games, that's why I said September.

But yeah... June could happen because May is booked for The Last of Us II and April and March besides being too soon it's PACKED.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Remake 1 is perfect for me, but I'm extremely open to exploring the Spencer Mansion again from this current new behind the shoulder formula. I think both can exist and provide unique gameplay styles to audiences.
This is basically my take, I love REmake and think it's a perfect remake, but I'm not against a RE Engine Spencer Mansion and reimagining of the game. I think both can exist.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Yeah it's been a while since I played this game and I understand wanting to be sure the female protagonist gets to look like the proper badass she is...but I'm pretty sure Jill would be dead without Carlos and he does fight Nemesis straight up.

So if anything, you should be hoping it's less like the original, haha.
Since when a man saving a woman is problematic? Not that Jill is ever portrayed a damsel in distress.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Start with either Resident Evil (the original, the remake, the remaster, whatever one though the 2014 Remaster is the easiest one to get), Resident Evil 2 REmake, Resident Evil 4, or Resident Evil 7.

All four of those games have some plot connections, but all tell rather stand-alone stories and make for pretty great starting off points.
This. The originals are nice, but not necessary if you're trying to get into/catch up with the story.

REmake is better than the original release, as is REmake 2(imo), but opinions are more mixed on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.