• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I swear to mf God that if this game has co-op I will be livid. Some of the people in here with the audacity to ask for that need to get the hell out of here.

Now I'm triggered and probably unnecessarily worried that this might be a thing given the focus on it in some of the previous RE games. God damn it.
What if we didn't use terminology for people suffering trauma/ptsd over discontent in a potential feature in a video game

what if we were all that classy

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, let's randomly make up stuff to get upset about.
Did you not understand what I said? I said I read people asking for co-op and the idea annoyed me. But then of course I unnecessarily started to make myself worried, even though there's no indication of it and the thought hadn't crossed my mind before I read people asking for it. I didn't need your response.

What if we didn't use terminology for people suffering trauma/ptsd over discontent in a potential frmeature in a video gawhat if we were all that classy

What? "Triggered"? Nah, I'm not agreeing here.

Actually, you know what, you're right. I'll edit.

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I honestly don't like how Jill looks, but I'm excited anyway.

There you go.

Jill looks good.

EK3yZWVXsAAk51c

benzopil Jawmuncher Dusk Golem might wanna update the op since the images were taken down

Bastion561

Nov 9, 2019
I want a Code Veronica remake after this, but Capcom has already done more than enough to spoil me. I also would like to see Dino Crisis again.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear to mf God that if this game has co-op I will be livid. Some of the people in here with the audacity to ask for that need to get the hell out of here.

Now I'm triggered and probably unnecessarily worried that this might be a thing given the focus on it in some of the previous RE games. God damn it.
im now actively rooting for coop to come back

its coming and its gonna be amazing

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, about Carlos, I think this GIF sort of encapsulates my reservatiosn about his role in R3make:

giphy.gif

Nemesis isn't out there for him. The moments he fights Carlos is simply because he is the way. Nemesis personal conflict with Jill is at the very essence of RE3.

Which is ripe for an expanded version in the remake. Have you play more with Carlos and trying to stall and just slow down the Nemesis with guns and traps and whatnot while he´s tearing through the scenery :D

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018

man id be mad as hell. they ruined re5 with it and re6.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Been thinking about this game all day lol Jill's new design looks way more "badass" than the original. I hope they lean into her badassery. Sarah Connor style.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been looking at Jill more and I definitely think this'll be how she looks by the end of the game/post-virus recovery. I imagine she'll be dressed more casually at the start.

She also has an RPD/STARS badge on her waist which is a really cool little detail.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
someone has never experienced just how incredibly fun it is to play re5 and 6(and rev2) with friends

because i had more fun with that than any RE game before RE2make
The problem I have with co-op is if it's an experience that's better than the solo option, then it's disappointing. A lot of people like me just don't have other people to play with and truthfully, having to rely on another person to get the best experience out of a game you're expecting to be its best already as a solo-experience is really frustrating.

I only ever approve of co-op if it's an add-on and not integral to enjoying the game to the fullest extent. Hell, some people may even appreciate an add-on of co-op more than the single-player experience. I just don't like having it jammed into the game and either being forced to find someone to play it with or having to deal with AI (Sheva).

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
someone has never experienced just how incredibly fun it is to play re5 and 6(and rev2) with friends

because i had more fun with that than any RE game before RE2make

This isn't aobut if you can make a good co-op game. It's about being faithful to the original. They can bring back co-op in another title, but not if it means losing the essence of the game you're remaking.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The problem I have with co-op is if it's an experience that's better than the solo option, then it's disappointing. A lot of people like me just don't have other people to play with and truthfully, having to rely on another person to get the best experience out of a game you're expecting to be its best already as a solo-experience is not great.
Yea. It's the same thing as 3d world. People hype it up for the co-op, but just playing it standard and solo makes it just good, not great.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Jill looks Jill-y enough in that new screen, I guess. But Nemesis? He's awful. The whole promo art looks like a cheap live action movie.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't aobut if you can make a good co-op game. It's about being faithful to the original. They can bring back co-op in another title, but not if it means losing the essence of the game you're remaking.
the original was never that scary compared to the first two, Jill was a huge badass in 3 being only really threatened by Nemesis who can be just as tense in a coop game, especially if youre playing solo.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I feel like looking less like a generic anime pretty boy is going to do a lot for Carlos. He was never a popular character before but now he has a chance to shine.

Also I fucking love Jill's hair. It looks like a lazy cosplay of her and I mean that in the best possible way.

The one I'm not sure about is Nemesis. Maybe it'll grow on me later.

Oct 26, 2017
I havent been following at all, is there a chance this might be a shadow drop or is it likely a ways off? Would be amazing to have RE3 over the holidays.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cant wait to see the rest of the UBSC's redesigns, especially the Silver Wolf's.
latest

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
the original was never that scary compared to the first two, Jill was a huge badass in 3 being only really threatened by Nemesis who can be just as tense in a coop game, especially if youre playing solo.

If anything, making RE3 co-op would make Nemesis less tense. And the scary factor of all three games is roughly the same, RE2 and RE3 being more similar to each other than either of them to RE1.

You're asking for Capcom to be utterly disrespectful to the original game and change its very essence.

Status
Not open for further replies.