• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
He only showed up at places so he was not as irritating as Mr X. But the scariest thing about him was when he showed up you were in full panic mode. He was not like X where as long as you kept running pace you'd be fine. Nemesis would do full sprints to catch up with you and punch you in the back of the head.

That is certainly why he is superior because you can never create enough distance he will chase you he is no Tyrant

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nemesis just needs his staples or something breaking up that five head. Maybe he'll get them during the game.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they should keep the Dino Crisis poster in the hospital. Imagine how many "Dino Crisis remake confirmed" articles wouldn't be written because of that.

I wouldn't call it unfinished. I would say however that it's very easy to see how RE2 could have been expanded. The cut content being obvious, but I also think the Lab part should have been bigger.
It was pretty garbage that they didnt have 2 definitive paths for Claire and Leon. You are expected to play the same thing a second time to get the ending. Could have easily made Claires path different and more in line with how she could meet up with Leon.

Why are people acting like RE2make was a disapointement ? Just like REmake, it set à pretty high standard on what a remake should be.
It's not perfect but it's still is a masterpiece and love letter to the original.
The gameplay was great, they botched the story.

Oct 31, 2017
He only showed up at places so he was not as irritating as Mr X. But the scariest thing about him was when he showed up you were in full panic mode. He was not like X where as long as you kept running pace you'd be fine. Nemesis would do full sprints to catch up with you and punch you in the back of the head.

Wow what a turn on

For my sweat glands

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why are people acting like RE2make was a disapointement ? Just like REmake, it set à pretty high standard on what a remake should be.
It's not perfect but it's still is a masterpiece and love letter to the original.
They aren't. The tiny TINY minority that are are just bitter because they know how superior Resident Evil Remake 2 is. This is what you show them.
5rUC3fA.png

sdvIuWt.png

vlT4IQd.png

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It was pretty garbage that they didnt have 2 definitive paths for Claire and Leon. You are expected to play the same thing a second time to get the ending. Could have easily made Claires path different and more in line with how she could meet up with Leon.

The gameplay was great, they botched the story.
You mean the zero amount of cheesy story in the old game?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Because despite being a great game, it's not a great remake.

A lot of lore was cut, among other things.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Also, Remake of 1 is a much better remake than REmake2.
I agree.

It's a close contest - but I agree.
I just read that completely out of context and thought you meant forum poster.
🤣😂😂
It' a cool gif isn't it. But alas I didn't make it, just found it. There is some talent in there too right?!
Absolutely🤘🏻

I was just watching a Resident Evil 3 "all bosses run" and it reminded me that 95% of the bosses in the game
are the Nemesis.

Out of 9 boss battles, 8 of them are the Nemesis [in regular, fire damaged and mutated form] and the only other one is the Grave Digger [Giant Worm]

Hopefully the developers added many more unique bosses to give us some variety, as well as something new to fight against.

I spoiler tagged that just in case there are people that haven't played Resident Evil 3 before :)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting RE2 to win Goty at vga? I really Hope it does cause nothing else comes close.
My heart says smash, my brain says re2. Smash literally only because sakurai has literally put himself through physical stress and has been working on smash straight years and deserves recognition. I think re2 should probably win though.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yea, it's a very small minority. It's mostly extreme classic game purists that just don't like the changes at all.
And it's mostly for tiny changes like no Crows, Redesigns, Camera angles, and some change aspects of mechanics. I just ignore them, because the players have made it known to Capcom how much they love the game.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
It wasnt fixed it was made worse. And even more questions added.
I agree with this, and im pretty sure we are not a minority.
I mean, the game is GOTY for me, but this doesn't change the fact that Claire and Leon didn't meet in the STARS office, that was an iconic reunion, and they ruined it, and its not the only thing they changed and ruined.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the game is GOTY for me, but this doesn't change the fact that Claire and Leon didn't meet in the STARS office, that was an iconic reunion, and they ruined it, and its not the only thing they changed and ruined.
You are in a minority. The people that care about that are already a minority and the people that think it ruined it are even smaller.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You are in a very small minority.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm very happy about this but man what did they do to Jill? Surely it will grow on me right? I said the same thing about Claire in rev 2 so hopefully.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The ONLY thing worse about the RE2 remake was the far inferior A/B scenarios... how they fit together, canonically, in the original, and even changed depending on who you chose first, was just amazing.

I think RE2make is a superior game overall, but its first/second runs are a pale shadow of the A/B scenarios of the original.

Also, I hope Carlos gets his own campaign. I know I'm probably in the minority on that, but I always loved that character, and seeing him on the boxart gives me hope.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The ONLY thing worse about the RE2 remake was the far inferior A/B scenarios... how they fit together, canonically, in the original, and even changed depending on who you chose first, was just amazing.

I think RE2make is a superior game overall, but its first/second runs are a pale shadow of the A/B scenarios of the original.
Yep 100%. You can still love REmake 2 and think it's GOTY while still acknowledging that the 1st/2nd run campaigns are vastly inferior to how different the A/B campaigns were in the original. But nah, we're a "minority who complains about minor stuff."

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superior to the original? Lol
How is this a crazy opinion? Because of story? RE illustrious story. Or do you seriously think tank gameplay is that much better than what we got it deserves a lol.

REmake2 is much better tho, I do think A/B was botched and would have made it perfect.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a perfect remake because its fair superior to the original. Lore wasn't cut. It was fixed.

Some scenes and encounters were fixed but the whole lore/story clearly was cut short to reduce the scope and development time. Even A/B scenario was changed for the very same reason.

Remake 2 is a very good game and very very brilliant remake. But I can't deny that there are many many things missing and I feel like it's down to time constraint rather than design choice.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% on board with the new Nemesis. He gives me Junji Ito vibes. His long teeth are fucking terrifying.

Old Nemmy is cool, but New Nemmy actually freaks me out a little.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm really excited to see more of Remake 3. There's a lot more potential to play around and be experimental compared to RE2 and that sounds rad.

RE7 brought back the classic gameplay
RE2 perfected that classic gameplay

Now it's time for RE3 to change up that classic gameplay like the original did

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get what's awful.
If you have to ask then I can't help you.

I'm really excited to see more of Remake 3. There's a lot more potential to play around and be experimental compared to RE2 and that sounds rad.

RE7 brought back the classic gameplay
RE2 perfected that classic gameplay

Now it's time for RE3 to change up that classic gameplay like the original did
I'm curious as hell if the dodge mechanic will be back. With Nemesis running at you, it seems necessary.

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
So many mixed feelings:

1) The excitement that its got official icons
2) The fear that it's being rushed to market just a year after RE2 Remake. Just feels...Too soon? 2021 would have been better for me

1. Obvious they started this BEFORE RE2 finished. 2. Most likely outsourced as well maybe a 60/40 split with a 2nd dev team. 3. Assets are being reused. 4. RE2 was actually ready in August 2018 but held back to skip the September/November busy period. 5. Its not a HUGE game to begin with.

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
I'd pay for it too, if only to give Capcom a slight nudge in the right direction. They're gonna run out of RE games to remake very soon (I imagine RE4 would be last, but not yet) and they have a pretty good framework ready to be exploited, so why not DC1:RE.

I'm guessing after this we will see RE8.

I'm hoping in this order

CV Remake
RE1 Remake
RE0 Remake
RE4 Remake

Time will tell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.