• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE6 was a major disappointment, and when I saw RE7 I thought it was the final death of Resident Evil, it wasn't even RE anymore, just parody of its former greatness. Boy was I wrong...

You and me both. RE6 was utter dog trash and I thought I was done with the series. Not sure why I bothered picking up RE7, didnt pay any attention to the marketing, think I may have saw someone say its actually survival horror again, so grabbed it. I felt like a kid again playing it, and RE2R had confirmed I was right back in on this shit. Capcom can do no wrong for now.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
You and me both. RE6 was utter dog trash and I thought I was done with the series. Not sure why I bothered picking up RE7, didnt pay any attention to the marketing, think I may have saw someone say its actually survival horror again, so grabbed it. I felt like a kid again playing it, and RE2R had confirmed I was right back in on this shit. Capcom can do no wrong for now.

I just need to know a little more from RE3 and they'll be CapGODS for me from now on.

I was a die hard fixed camera, tank controls guy, that's how I wanted my RE2 remake, but they did an amazing job modernising it. They did a great job with first person RE7 too, at this point I think they have earned my trust back

I've always been very ok with the changes in RE series. I was never bothered by the change in direction or perspective. RE5 is still my 3rd or 4th favorite RE game. With RE7 it was something different. I think I just saw parts of the dinner yo have with that family and thought (what the fuck is this?). The game didn't even registered.

BaNDaMaN

Nov 1, 2019
I've always been very ok with the changes in RE series. I was never bothered by the change in direction or perspective. RE5 is still my 3rd or 4th favorite RE game. With RE7 it was something different. I think I just saw parts of the dinner yo have with that family and thought (what the fuck is this?). The game didn't even registered.
Yeah ... it felt nothing like any previous RE before it.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've come into this thread ten times in the last 10 minutes and every single time I've been hit with an ad I have to close the tab to get out of. Come the fuck on.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I just need to know a little more from RE3 and they'll be CapGODS for me from now on.

I loved that shit, but I was a bit bored of the same old umbrella stuff, i welcomed something new plus it coming straight outta texas chainsaw massacre was intriguing. Honestly I'm super intrigued on what RE8 will be.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
kFXBqxG.gif

Is it just me or does Jack's face look completely different in the very last frame before it goes black?

If I had to describe it, he looks like young Clint Eastwood.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I've come into this thread ten times in the last 10 minutes and every single time I've been hit with an ad I have to close the tab to get out of. Come the fuck on.

I don't follow.

I loved that shit, but I was a bit bored of the same old umbrella stuff, i welcomed something new plus it coming straight outta texas chainsaw massacre was intriguing. Honestly I'm super intrigued on what RE8 will be.

My one disappointment with RE7 is that it would be a great way to show the Resident Evil world from a different perspective. Like, this is a world with a lot of different types of medicine and that kind of stuff.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow.

My one disappointment with RE7 is that it would be a great way to show the Resident Evil world from a different perspective. Like, this is a world with a lot of different types of medicine and that kind of stuff.
I keep getting unavoidable ads when entering this thread and I can't go to the previous page to avoid. I have to close the window each time. It finally stopped for now but it was seriously almost a dozen times in a row.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
So now that Geoff has confirmed RE3 to not be at TGA's I wonder when the State of Play will be announced? (EDIT: Sorry for the repost didn't see it before)
IlPpCKQ.png

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Confirmation of RE3 not being at the TGA's from the man himself (If people will still somehow doubting). I wonder when the State of Play, if there is one, will be announced?
IlPpCKQ.png
Don't let dreams die. Who are you going to believe? Yourself or another man that tells you it's not possible?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom announced RE6 with a random trailer on YouTube and a viral website on the same day. Wouldn't be surprised if this is announced the same way.

I guess technically RE2 was the same but it wasn't a full reveal.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
RE6 was a major disappointment, and when I saw RE7 I thought it was the final death of Resident Evil, it wasn't even RE anymore, just parody of its former greatness. Boy was I wrong...
RE6 still hurts. FPV is the main reason I was super excited for the game. It signaled a fresh start.
Same thing. My luck tonic appears to be working. 😋
Brad's corpse 😂

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I wish people would quit implying that REmake 2 had bad music, when what they most likely mean is that it had sparse, more ambient, low-key music, and that they didn't like that. I personally think the emphasis on ambient / atmospheric sound design heavily contributed to the game being far scarier than the original, and that the music the game did have was actually pretty great. Not just Mr. X's theme and the boss themes, but these and more:

The sound design of REmake 2 in general is the game's unsung hero.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
RE2 remake ost is amazing. Its fine if you prefer the original but to say that its bad is just stupid. I love Hunk theme and especially the super tyrant theme its just so good. I also really like Kendo theme its really good.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I supposed to be hearing something from that PS Store Theme Music "leak" because it just sounds like generic vague ambience with no real tension or cohesion

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
You know Nemesis could be losing that nose after the first transformation. Maybe his face starts to tear apart like the OG version and he nails it back. Becoming more and more gory.

Status
Not open for further replies.