• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
September seems to far IMO.

Like others have said, Capcom are pretty good with reveal-to-release dates. I'm, personally, hoping this comes out between May~July.

And not just Capcom.
Sony has yet to put a pre-order page up for any game (as these assets were taken from PSN- the preorder page is coming. Soon.) with a release that far in advance; not counting a delayed game, like TLOU2.

This leads me to believe we're looking at 6-7 months at the latest.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Are we even sure this won't be a REmake style high-res update?

Is it even possible that a full-blown 3D remake for 3 would have been accomplished in such a short span? Was Capcom confident enough to have greenlit the project before RE2 release success to have them worked on simultaneously?

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017

Is it even possible that a full-blown 3D remake for 3 would have been accomplished in such a short span? Was Capcom confident enough to have greenlit the project before RE2 release success to have them worked on simultaneously?

This is probably being developed by a 3rd RE team internally. Plus, Dusk said the game has been in development for 3 years.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, nothing scary about it.
tumblr_mdamn4rj8k1rnnop6o1_250.gifv

Have you silent hill'd before?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Capcom has no reason to go back to an engine they haven't used in almost 20 years.

I think Dusk Golem confirmed that before RE2 was even released.

Ah ok. I was thinking in line with Onimusha though, which did get that treatment in 2019. (Admittedly different given its brand popularity comparative and willingness for risk next to a RE game)

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Ah ok. I was thinking in line with Onimusha though, which did get that treatment in 2019. (Admittedly different given its brand popularity comparative and willingness for risk next to a RE game)
Capcom would be shooting themselves in the foot if they just did a hi-res remaster for RE3 less than a year after releasing a remake as successful as RE2. They set the bar too high to deliver something different.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom would be shooting themselves in the foot if they just did a hi-res remaster for RE3 less than a year after releasing a remake as successful as RE2. They set the bar too high to deliver something different.

Fully agreed, I can't even fathom the internet reaction to a REmake-like reveal.

It's just before your 3-year comment, I was having trouble understanding how Capcom could push out something similar to RE2 in such a small window if it was green-lit purely in reaction to the success of RE2 earlier this year.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fully agreed, I can't even fathom the internet reaction to a REmake-like reveal.

It's just before your 3-year comment, I was having trouble understanding how Capcom could push out something similar to RE2 in such a small window if it was green-lit purely in reaction to the success of RE2 earlier this year.

If rumours are true (and they probably are) this has been in development since around 2017.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Straight from the horse's mouth (that post is over a year old):
Sources, I'm keeping my lips sealed on anything else so don't ask, but REmake 3 is in full development right now. I think beyond that they're waiting to see how REmake 2 and REmake 3 perform, but REmake 2 almost assuredly is going to perform well.
RE3 is my favorite in the series. I lack the words to express how excited I am.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Shadow of the Damned? wtf...it's not even a Capcom game.

I always forget that one isnt. It is a grasshopper game though. Mikami was responsible for that. And God Hand. And the weird humor in the RE and DC games.

So more a "mikami" issue than Capcom i suppose.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
OK maybe not best but he's up there for me, probably number 2 after Wesker. I really enjoyed Alfred when I played CVX for the first time and felt the game's story got significantly weaker once he died.

I think I liked more the first time I played the game, the second I thought he was just weird and crazy, and not in a good way. But I was more disappointed with Alexia. The idea behind her was very cool but she just ends up being a monster you fight.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I liked more the first time I played the game, the second I thought he was just weird and crazy, and not in a good way. But I was more disappointed with Alexia. The idea behind her was very cool but she just ends up being a monster you fight.

That's fair. I've yet to play CVX for a second time so I might feel the same, but I really like how insane and just different Alfred was. It felt very refreshing after some of the other more anime-ish villains. I totally agree about Alexia though, she was really disappointing given how built up she was.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I have a good prediction of when but I don't want to jinx it, I shall post if I'm correct if they give a date during the trailer.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I dont see RE3 launching in 2021 myself, Capcom has been great about doing announcements that come out within 12 months (or less) from their E3 etc. announcements, so yeah the latest I see the games launching is in time for the new consoles, but assuming they won't be cross gen, then probably September at the latest?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Man, CVX is uhh... If they remade it I would appreciate an overhaul of the game including the story. Alfred sucks and the anime tentacle appearing as soon as Alexia wakes up is just awful.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing to like about C:V's story is its premise. Everything about its execution is a hot mess.

Hence why I think it deserves a remake the most after RE3 (and Dino Crisis).

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
That's fair. I've yet to play CVX for a second time so I might feel the same, but I really like how insane and just different Alfred was. It felt very refreshing after some of the other more anime-ish villains. I totally agree about Alexia though, she was really disappointing given how built up she was.

I think CV was when RE went full on anime mode! Partially because of the villains like Alfred and Wesker.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
Who's to say that Remake 2 and Remak3 weren't developed simultaneously?

kind of like some movies. Kill Bill and the Matrix come to mind.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
On a different note your wife charging at you with a knife, then you axe her and she comes back with a chainsaw in RE7 is one of my favorite sequences in the franchise.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Hmm, we probably won't see playable demo footage until Jump Festa on Dec 11-12. Reveal on the 10th and then extended gameplay 11-12 days later sounds like a video game marketing plan.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The scene where he sees himself in the mirror is legit great.

AdvancedKeenIvorybilledwoodpecker-max-1mb.gif

A while ago someone made an interesting thread on reddit talking about why CV should get a remake over RE3. Nonsense, obviously, but the analysis of the game was quite cool. They talked about how there was a comparison between Alfred and Alexia / Chris and Claire. And although I never saw it in the game, it would be an interesting subject to be explored in a potential remake.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The game has been in development by a different team than the REmake 2 team.

They aren't going back to static camera REmake style games, that era is done.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I always forget that one isnt. It is a grasshopper game though. Mikami was responsible for that. And God Hand. And the weird humor in the RE and DC games.

So more a "mikami" issue than Capcom i suppose.

Not really, the dark humor in Shadow of the Damned as well as the 'stiff game-play' is a staple of Suda51. Mikami was merely just a producer in that game. You want Mikami see Vanquish and The Evil Within.

Status
Not open for further replies.