• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know anything about it yet? Will it follow the same formula as Resident Evil 2?

Presumably. Also, outside of the randomized variations of puzzles in original RE3, RE3 was a more straightforward game than RE2 in that the game has just one campaign instead of 4-5. While people (including myself) were bummed by the lack of Zapping and true B scenarios in the RE2 remake I feel like the only thing that could drop off in this remake would be the randomized puzzle variations which I don't think would be missed by many.
So many mixed feelings:

1) The excitement that its got official icons
2) The fear that it's being rushed to market just a year after RE2 Remake. Just feels...Too soon? 2021 would have been better for me

Presumably they started development before RE2's development even wrapped. Add in the fact that RE3 was a more straight forward game than RE2 and the RE2 remake laid a lot of groundwork for this remake... basically I don't think you have much to worry about.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lookin good.

Loved RE2R so much that I'm thinking of going into media blackout for RE3R starting now.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They made his flesh tubes into pipes? Makes me think of like a diving suit.

Maybe he'll be like, constantly evolving over the course of the game and breaking through his suit gradually rather than just going all Akira all at once at the end.
I think the tentacles are in the pipes and they're slowly bust out throughout the game, yea.

Sorta being 'contained'

Duty

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine how grotesque will be the scenes with tentacles in this game.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I think Jill & Carlos both look fine bur Nemesis does look a bit goofy.

I can't wait until this remake comes out though!

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
2020 will be awesome for me. FFVIIR, RE3, TLOU2, next gen console reveal and release. Just wow....

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Anyone that's freaking out about this being rushed. Capcom has A LOT of teams that work on games. Remember, they themselves said they want to start pushing 1 or more AAA titles every year.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Yea. The old Nemesis looked terrifying.
vuohlm4hzt2u1d4elian.png

That new design is just.... like wtf is this even:
icon0.png

Capcom trying to 1up the Sonic movie for worst redesign

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
They made his flesh tubes into pipes? Makes me think of like a diving suit.

Maybe he'll be like, constantly evolving over the course of the game and breaking through his suit gradually rather than just going all Akira all at once at the end.

I reckon his tentacles (flesh tubes) are hidden in the pipes, and the more he'll have his coat damaged the pipes will break as Nemesis mutates.

That new design is just.... like wtf is this even:
icon0.png

It's the nose, get rid of the nose and it's almost perfect.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand when people say that the original RE3 Jill wasn't dressed for a zombie apocalypse. I was under the impression that the outbreak in the city had happened that night and she barely managed to escape her apartment. No real time to "suit up".

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are changing the top and mini skirt and I think the new designs are rad. I do hope we get the classic outfit as an alt. You may not like it, but I don't see how you can argue that it isn't iconic. When I think of Jill, I always think of her in either her RE1 costume or 3.

I'm mad hyped. Didn't think we'd be seeing all this so soon. This it the remake I've been waiting for above all others.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Nemesis is.....ehhhh.....not good..?

But I'll still buy it! Give me that RE engine goodness!

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Jill looks good, better than her original RE3 design imo. Carlos looks really good. Nemesis.. I'm not as down on it as a lot itt seem to be but I want to see it in-game. Really hope they show gameplay when they announce this since it seems like there's been so many different rumours about what they're actually doing with it (unless some of those rumours wound up being Project Resistance?)

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how everyone looks but the second shot of Nemesis straight up doesn't look good and I think it's because of the angle. I'd like to see more shots of him before writing him off totally.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Don't love the Nemesis design, but I never liked the original one either. As someone who never got into the original game I'm really looking forward to the remake.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So many mixed feelings:

1) The excitement that its got official icons
2) The fear that it's being rushed to market just a year after RE2 Remake. Just feels...Too soon? 2021 would have been better for me
I said this in another thread a week or so ago, but for anyone worried the game is rushed, it's been in development for around 2 and a half years now. It's not by the same team that made REmake 2, and the development's been going smoothly ( a LOT more smoothly than Remake 2's development went).

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I don't understand when people say that the original RE3 Jill wasn't dressed for a zombie apocalypse. I was under the impression that the outbreak in the city had happened that night and she barely managed to escape her apartment. No real time to "suit up".
By the time RE3 happens the city has been on emergency for 3 days. The design is super silly.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I don't think the cover art will be indicative of what each in-game character model will look like is RE2 is anything to go by. Claire looked fucking dreadful on the box art but in-game she was excellent, even better than OG RE2 in my opinion.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That is a terrible redesign for Jill. Completely generic and she looks more like reboot Lara than Jill.

I hope the classic costume is in there -- and not like the weirdly botched "classic" Claire costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.