• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Time to replay the original with the brilliant RE3 HD project:
www.reshdp.com

RE3SHDP

HD Texture packs for the classic Resident Evil games without seams!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I'd hate to kill the hype, and I must preface this by saying I love RE2 Remake, but I do have some concerns, not that anything's obviously indicating any of it will happen:

My concerns:
  • They'll worm their way around not having "choices" in the campaign, and just have one scenario for one character
  • That they'll do a "Jill" campaign and "Carlos" campaign, and it's 1st vs 2nd again
  • That I'll have to play the same 6-ish hour campaign as Carlos at some point which I don't want to.
  • That again, if they do it Remake 2 style and there's no choices when Nemesis shows up.
Because what I would love to see is:
  1. Nemesis crashlands and it's not a cutscene. You panic
  2. You either run to the nearest door or shoot at Nemesis
  3. What you just did was a choice and you won't know until you start talking to your friends about it, or go replay it.
  4. Carlos is on the cover like a protagonist because this game has co-op, baby!
But abandoning the choice element to pursue a formulaic repeat of RE2 Remake would be cheap.

Wait, you would LIKE that?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
This is the greatest timeline ever! Didn't expect to wake up to this at all!!! YES!!!

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The thing about giving Carlos a capaign is that I don't think you can have Nemesis is it. Not without changing something profund and incredible about that monster. And you can't have half of RE3 without Nemesis.
Nono, I'm talking like, in this case they would do like Leon and Claire, and pretend Carlos is in the same framework as Jill, and give him the exact same levels to go through and everything but with the "carlos" parts of the campaign only available to him and iconic Jill moments only to Jill. Like, I'm talking if they go real lazy on remaking the game or rather they go too far off track to remake it.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I hope they expand on te officers in the police station we read the notes of. See them build barriers etc..

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Wait, you would LIKE that?
RE3 was never as scary to me as 2 was, although there is Nemesis for that. I could imagine Co op not working with him in the game not adjusting very well to it, but honestly I would love it. RE3 is more action than 2 and the city has a lot of wider spaces to it. They'd obviously have to figure out a non-annoying way to do things like open doors and such but overall I would love co-op.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
RE3 was never as scary to me as 2 was, although there is Nemesis for that. I could imagine Co op not working with him in the game not adjusting very well to it, but honestly I would love it. RE3 is more action than 2 and the city has a lot of wider spaces to it. They'd obviously have to figure out a non-annoying way to do things like open doors and such but overall I would love co-op.
I dunno. Tension disappears when you are not alone.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
The heck. The shower thing I knew already but I didn't notice the broken window you mentioned. Time to replay it again ☺

Wow. I didn't notice this at all. What an attention to detail.

When I first played it I saw it, and I was
"Yes!! They've retroactively put clues to Nemesis in here!! I was further convinced when I noticed that the window where he'd usually jump out of is in tact, making me think they'll do something where you think he'll jump out there, but really he'll surprise you la

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I'd hate to kill the hype, and I must preface this by saying I love RE2 Remake, but I do have some concerns, not that anything's obviously indicating any of it will happen:

My concerns:
  • They'll worm their way around not having "choices" in the campaign, and just have one scenario for one character
  • That they'll do a "Jill" campaign and "Carlos" campaign, and it's 1st vs 2nd again
  • That I'll have to play the same 6-ish hour campaign as Carlos at some point which I don't want to.
  • That again, if they do it Remake 2 style and there's no choices when Nemesis shows up.
Because what I would love to see is:
  1. Nemesis crashlands and it's not a cutscene. You panic
  2. You either run to the nearest door or shoot at Nemesis
  3. What you just did was a choice and you won't know until you start talking to your friends about it, or go replay it.
  4. Carlos is on the cover like a protagonist because this game has co-op, baby!
But abandoning the choice element to pursue a formulaic repeat of RE2 Remake would be cheap.

True campaign co-op would be amazing! I doubt it will happen and I'm sure many would be pissed about it. But if there was an option of jump-in and jump-out co-op that would be something special and give me something to play with a good buddy of mine. We've both been starving for a co-op horror shooter we can play together since RE5.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A remake of the original RE still feels weird even though the original REmake is almost 20 years old at this point. Even the HD version was half a decade ago.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

This would kill the game for me. I mean, the only way I can see me not being crushed by this is if it works like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. That is, when you play solo the co-op partner is gone and he only appear in key moments.

But the original was not co-op and so the r3make should not be co-op.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The caution tape on Nemmy is such a lovable goofy touch, as though you need bright yellow caution tape to realize a giant muscle-bound monster man is potentially dangerous

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have no problem there being a co-op mode in the game where two people fight their way through the city together.

But please leave the single player campaign in there too.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
My only issue with RE3 was it felt like such an empty world.......there were literally just 3 main characters plus the big bad guy ( Jill, Carlos, Nikolai and Nemesis). I feel like RE is loved in part because it's great cast and every other RE has a much larger group of characters ( even CV, which is on an isolated island, has a larger cast).

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Won't take part of the debate, just want to point out that "secondary protagonist" is an oxymoron. It doesn't exist.
Protagonist = the main character.
You can't be the main character and a secondary character at the same time, it's an oxymoron :p
You can have two protagonists though. But this isn't that unless they've heavily rewritten Carlos.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
Carlos joining the frizzy fro brotherhood.

Really looking forward to this. If 3 didn't have Tyrant Nemesis I feel like it'd be completely forgotten.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
But this is completely antithetical to everything Resident Evil has pivoted to post RE6...

RE2 wasn't super well received because it shoe-horned co-op in... it was popular because it respected the source material.

I definitely understand that point, but the option would be cool IMO and would give the game replayability. RE2 got boring for me after I had played through both campaigns and 100%ed it. Maybe even if a co-op mode was made as an unlockable bonus for beating the game. It doesn't have to be the core of the game, but rather something that supplements it would be cool to me.

I'll take just co-op Mercenaries, but a campaign-style mode would be more impactful.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My only issue with RE3 was it felt like such an empty world.......there were literally just 3 main characters plus the big bad guy ( Jill, Carlos, Nikolai and Nemesis). I feel like RE is loved in part because it's great cast and every other RE has a much larger group of characters ( even CV, which is on an isolated island, has a larger cast).

There is a lot of potential for this to be be expanded on just using existing characters from RE3. mikhail, Tyrell, Murphy, Dario, Brad. Plus could always be some new ones.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
They could deffo do more with the characters

I didn't think the world felt empty tho, they captured the chaos happening pretty well. Zombies bursting out of cars, gunfire in the distance, people literally dying right around the corner from you...

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I saw this and insta-shared with some friends. Massive hype. Of the original 3, I think this one is my favorite, though I couldn't tell you why. I was just always tense with Nemesis so close all the time.

Hate Is it okay if I ask where you found the pic for your avatar? It's super cute! If it was a commission or something of that nature and you can't/don't wanna share, I completely understand.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
That's one fucked up Nemesis,i love it.
Those teeth are nighmare inducing,thank god he doesn't bite.
Love jill too so far,the Julia dream is dead though.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can tell you right now though nothing is official yet (as far I know, I think they're waiting to see how REmake 3 performs, but I also am not super up to date) that remaking RE1, Code Veronica, RE4 and even RE5 have all been things they've been talking/thinking about internally. I don't know which one they'll choose to do next if things go forward though.
Wtf, even RE5?

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The graphical difference is insane. REmake really was a looker!

Honestly still is. Gamecube REmake looked better than a lot of 360/PS3 games. Simply touching things up in the HD Remaster made it stand toe-to-toe with some PS4/X1 games.
What they did with the pre-rendered backgrounds and lighting was just wizardry. And the character models shouldn't get lost in the praises, either. Granted, they weren't Silent Hill 3 quality, but they still worked well with the incredible backgrounds and didn't stick out too much.
One of the most impressive graphical achievements in the business.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
STARS!!!

EK3kEJlXkAAx44d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.