• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I saw this and insta-shared with some friends. Massive hype. Of the original 3, I think this one is my favorite, though I couldn't tell you why. I was just always tense with Nemesis so close all the time.

Hate Is it okay if I ask where you found the pic for your avatar? It's super cute! If it was a commission or something of that nature and you can't/don't wanna share, I completely understand.
from Lab Zero artist Mariel Cartwright :D

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Honestly still is. Gamecube REmake looked better than a lot of 360/PS3 games. Simply touching things up in the HD Remaster made it stand toe-to-toe with some PS4/X1 games.
What they did with the pre-rendered backgrounds and lighting was just wizardry. And the character models shouldn't get lost in the praises, either. Granted, they weren't Silent Hill 3 quality, but they still worked well with the incredible backgrounds and didn't stick out too much.
One of the most impressive graphical achievements in the business.
Oh I agree both REmake and RE0 still look great and Capcom have come back being at the top of the graphics on consoles again with their current RE Engine.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly still is. Gamecube REmake looked better than a lot of 360/PS3 games. Simply touching things up in the HD Remaster made it stand toe-to-toe with some PS4/X1 games.
What they did with the pre-rendered backgrounds and lighting was just wizardry. And the character models shouldn't get lost in the praises, either. Granted, they weren't Silent Hill 3 quality, but they still worked well with the incredible backgrounds and didn't stick out too much.
One of the most impressive graphical achievements in the business.

Well yeah, it's basically a photo stack. The polygonal/textured stuff outside the character models show their age though.

I'd honestly love to see more super high quality pre rendered games, seems like a lost art form.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
This is just a stepping stone to what all this REmake business has been about

RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA REMAKE FOR 2023!!!

Res

Oct 25, 2017
And I thought re8 would release before re3 remake lol. Would be cool if they remade CV next. I think that game would benefit the most from a remake

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
those character models look weird to me
Looks fitting to me

EK3kEJlXkAAx44d.png

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Surprised to see some people not liking the new models. To me, Jill looks better than she ever has, Carlos looks fine, and Nemesis (aside from the teeth) looks terrifying.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Lol that's probably an earlier reveal then they were hoping for. Wonder when it will release.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this and insta-shared with some friends. Massive hype. Of the original 3, I think this one is my favorite, though I couldn't tell you why. I was just always tense with Nemesis so close all the time.

Hate Is it okay if I ask where you found the pic for your avatar? It's super cute! If it was a commission or something of that nature and you can't/don't wanna share, I completely understand.
Oh this was made by Mariel Cartwright. She is best known as the lead animator of Skullgirls and Indivisible.

She posted this in her twitter feed and I just grabbed it there.

Feb 5, 2018
This is just a stepping stone to what all this REmake business has been about

RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA REMAKE FOR 2023!!!
....or literally next year if they use the same engine and are working on it already.

I do hope they go back and remake 1 and 0 again, Id love to have a pretty complete origin set of games for next gen.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Since we can't have Julia Voth, this Jill actually looks like the second best thing.

RE7 Chris remains the only abomination.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Jill's model is just an update of her original RE3 design.

jill-valentine.png

image0-10.png

They did a great new gen recreation of her old model.

This is seriously a dream come true.

I can't believe that capcom actually returned to her original RE3 design and modernized it, instead of referring to her more recent interpretations.

I've always thought it was the definitive Jill design.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You never know.

Capcom already made the first step in considering it.
It doesn't need one, its too modern of a game and still looks good, they would rather make another action filled RE i think.
The older games remakes fit because they have 'outdated playstyles and graphics but still are beloved classics, you can have access to the complete RE5 experience right now on any console.
RE4 is much more loved but still the amount of work it would need is massive im not sure any of the action REs need remakes, but i guess its true one never knows

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I can tell you right now though nothing is official yet (as far I know, I think they're waiting to see how REmake 3 performs, but I also am not super up to date) that remaking RE1, Code Veronica, RE4 and even RE5 have all been things they've been talking/thinking about internally. I don't know which one they'll choose to do next if things go forward though.

Speaking of personal feelings, I think Code Veronica needs a remake the most. It's original game suffers from some big game design flaws, but there's a lot of potential with its setting, characters, monsters, art direction, etc. I'm hoping a Code Veronica remake happens, I feel it has the most to gain from the remake treatment.

Couldn't agree more about Code Veronica. Although the game is good and the setting is interesting, it's a really flawed game in some aspects. A remake would be perfect.

Oct 28, 2017
It cant be bargained with. It cant be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity. Or remorse. Or fear. And it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

This is the core of what I want Nemesis to feel like and I want them to go all the way with it in this game. This remake needs to be the full fledged Terminator game we've been dreaming of.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica is assssss.
Nothing can salvage Steve.

Dino Crisis Remake next.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Easily my favorite Jill design in the series, also good riddance tube top, played RE3 many times since the PS1 and while it may be "iconic" I couldn't care less about the loss of it. Also hoo boy Carlos💦💦💦

Cant wait for this!

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Dying to get into Resident Evil but I don't know if I should play chronologically at this point or release wise. Only have a PS4 and Switch so it's hard to decide if RE2 remake should be played before RE4 for example.
Definitely play 4 before RE2 Remake.

I recommend you start with RE1 Remake, then play 4, then 7, then 2 Remake. This keeps it manageable, and these are the most important and not too outdated games a newcomer should play in my opinion.

If you really like 1 and want more of this style you can also play 0. I generally recommend the PS4 versions for better performance.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It cant be bargained with. It cant be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity. Or remorse. Or fear. And it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

This is the core of what I want Nemesis to feel like and I want them to go all the way with it in this game. This remake needs to be the full fledged Terminator game we've been dreaming of.

Yes.

And I really hope they do great things with Nemesis' AI.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks that only Jill and Nemesis should be on the cover? lol

I always considered Carlos as a side character only... (no offense) Maybe his role will be expanded this time around.

The subway tunnel part sounds quite goo to be honest! I'm really hyped for this game.
If subway tunnels are being included, I have to imagine they're going to be scary as hell.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Well yeah, it's basically a photo stack. The polygonal/textured stuff outside the character models show their age though.

I'd honestly love to see more super high quality pre rendered games, seems like a lost art form.

I'm in an apparently vocal minority that would love Final Fantasy to put out a new mainline entry with static HD pre-rendered backgrounds. I can't even imagine what they could come up with today.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I actually really like the details put on Nemesis to make him look more like a disfigured human, since he's supposed to be a Tyrant infected with Nemesis parasite.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Feel bad for Capcom that this got leaked.
I know this is a bit hypocritical of me to say, but I also feel a bit bad REmake 3 has been a very leaky ship for them. I hope it's not too demoralizing for the team or anything like that.

Though this said in the long-term, basically every RE game has been leaked in some way, they sell very well and I actually think the leaks on RE3 have built up the hype and anticipation for it more, so in the end I think it'll all be fine. I actually think RE3 being one of the worst kept recent video game secrets has helped build anticipation and interest in the title.

But it is a bit unfortunate Capcom can't seem to escape something or another leaking for them. And it's a bit funny of all things Resistance got a leak from YT thumbnails, and RE3 got leaked from a bot grabbing PSN assets.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I can tell you right now though nothing is official yet (as far I know, I think they're waiting to see how REmake 3 performs, but I also am not super up to date) that remaking RE1, Code Veronica, RE4 and even RE5 have all been things they've been talking/thinking about internally. I don't know which one they'll choose to do next if things go forward though.

Speaking of personal feelings, I think Code Veronica needs a remake the most. It's original game suffers from some big game design flaws, but there's a lot of potential with its setting, characters, monsters, art direction, etc. I'm hoping a Code Veronica remake happens, I feel it has the most to gain from the remake treatment.
Even 5? Wow, wouldn't have thought of that!
Would be awesome to see the original draft for the title being brought to life.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Feel sorry for Capcom that this got leaked; not just a title or off-screen photograph, but those things + artwork. Bit rough.

But if it makes you feel better Capcom, put a pre-order page up and I'm throwing my money at you so fucking hard it's unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.