• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
How persistent should Nemesis be?

In the original games, you always know when he'll show up if you've finished the game already. Mr. X in RE2 Remake however really follows you throughout the RPD Station.

The difference between them is Nemesis can be incapacitated and you are even rewarded for doing so. How many times can you down him, and will he reward you every time? Can you abuse this?

Nemesis stressed me the eff out in the original game, even if he was confined to particular areas. Haven't played RE2's Remake yet, but if Mr. X really does follow you around consistently, then Nemesis will have to be more persistent than that. And that will probably kill me lol

That is a good question about the death rewards.

Jan 4, 2018
I know they won't, but I wish they'd bring back the inventory and weapon upgrading from 4.

In either case I just hope they at least expand this remake a little mechanically compared to 2.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
No he actually looks like a veteran mercenary rather then a pretty boy

Why not both? I prefer his old look.

The new one looks like a hippy/hipster or something.

-------

So Nemesis has armor now instead of that goth leather? I'm actually all for that, I never agreed with that silly leather jacket of his.

I prefer it's old face though.

I'm a fan of Julia Jill but her new look doesn't look so bad. She came out the best IMO.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm high key way more excited for this than I was for RE2.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think remaking 4,5, or even 6(shutters) would be a mistake. They dont need modernizing in the way that classic resident evil does (for me at least) code veronica, zero, and even the first game make more sense to me. Hopefully they move on to re 8 after 3 though

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
There is something Lisa-ish about Nemesis. Which is fitting.

I hope Nemy can break through save rooms. 😋

Should Capcom keep the original encounters?

I'd like the first two encounters to remain similar, after that, it should be new locations, or better yet, random.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
What in the world did they do to my guy Carlos? I could be sick...
This

dYVVJYm.jpg

Vs this

EK3X0xCWoAEpwXr

He's become more of an abomniation than Nemesis himself.
lol, new Carlos is a homeless version of himself.

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they open Raccoon City up and add some locations from Outbreak. RE3make has the potential to be not only the best in the series but one of the greatest games of all time if they take more liberties with the classic formula. If RE3 was released in 2020, Raccoon City would be layed out like Lordran and each interior location would act as a dungeons with a boss.

Completely agree.

For me the locations of the first 2 games are the stars of the show, but in RE3 it's Nemesis.

Give me Jill and Nemesis and I'm good. They can add or mix up the story and locations beyond that if they want to. Go nuts. After RE7 and RE2 Capcom have regained my full trust here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly for Metroid, I'm down for a more realistic ZSS like Prime 1.

However the suits should be awesome and stylized like they've always been
Personally I'd rather see something that's more athletic fitting because there is no reason for it to be that stylized. It's what she just wears under the power suit.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't play the original. Is the city more open or linear? Any chance we could get an awesome Metroidvania RE?

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Good Lord that nose. The hell is that shit capcom. WTF they have smoked? It's not scariest, it's just ridiculously bad.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'd rather see something that's more athletic fitting because there is no reason for it to be that stylized. It's what she just wears under the power suit.
Yeah exactly, super stylized barbie ZSS doesn't fit with Metroid

DMC on the other hand has always been stylish so I liked the more anime Dante

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The first 3rd of the game was the city/police station, so not shocked at all that they can release this so soon if they reuse and repurpose existing assets already made for REmake 2. Even the original 3rd game came out very soon after 2 as well.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's literally what a secondary protagonist is? Like, I know you hate the idea of Carlos getting an inch of screen time over Jill in this game but you don't have to literally make shit up to get that across.
For real lmao that poster jumping through hoops to lie to himself about Carlos' importance in the original game

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
He'll find her. That's what he does. THAT'S ALL HE DOES! YOU CAN'T STOP HIM. HE'LL WASTE THROUGH YOU, REACH DOWN HER THROAT AND PULL HER FUCKING HEART OUT
Jill, this is what we call a body armor. That individual must be wearing one under his coat. He's probably on PCP.
-------
So Nemesis has armor now instead of that goth leather? I'm actually all for that, I never agreed with that silly leather jacket of his.
That silly leather jacket supposedly uses the same material as the Tyrant's(Mr. X) coat. It has always been an armor that doubled as a limiter.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Shit, they'd better not go anywhere near Resi 4.

The game is perfection as it is, no need for a remake imho.

What could they even attempt to improve?

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
They could deffo do more with the characters

I didn't think the world felt empty tho, they captured the chaos happening pretty well. Zombies bursting out of cars, gunfire in the distance, people literally dying right around the corner from you...

Thats true, the actual setting was my second favorite next to RE 1. I loved how scenarios of RE 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.