• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Meanwhile.
kExbSIe.png

That actually looks great haha.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's old now, but seeing a bunch of people posting the original RE3 Jill render to say how the new one looks like it reminds me that I really dislike the RE3 model lol.

REmake was definitely the best of the older versions by far. This new Jill is pretty cool too.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I don't think it's crazy. She loves the character, loves the series, still models, still looks astounding, and she was saying stuff like this not that long ago...

Indeed, I don't think any other actor is as close to the RE character as Julia Voth. Moreover, she was the face of Jill in REmake, so there is logic to say it would be an intresting continuation in the "remake universe".

It was always a far fetched idea however. And I always believed they would go for a new actress. But I think it's unfair to say people were crazy to want/hope for it.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Nemesis' once human face deforming and the nose contorting to the side is a really neat, disturbing addition.
Bruh go'n get real, real ugly by the end.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I really really hope they keep all the different enemies from RE3. That was always something that stood out about RE3 compared to 1 and 2 of the og series

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear Leon is the only one in this series that Capcom has tried to stay consistent with. Everyone else just ends up looking radically different. I still think RE2 remake Claire looks nothing like Claire which bugs the hell out of me.

Aside his hair, pretty much every other thing about Leon changes. Personality especially. His character has no colour theme either, Jill is Blue, Chris Green, Claire Red etc.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
RE Engine seriously saved Capcom from being Crapcum. They should build an altar dedicated to it.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hope we get all the enemies! RE3 had a lot of variations.

Man, i wonder how they'll handle the gravedigger.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah I think this is the case. At the very least I think Jill is the one putting him down though I'd personally love it if Brad came with you for a little bit before being killed. I'm really excited to see what they do with him.
Heck yes brother! Personally, I'm hoping he can go out a bit more heroic before Jill mercy kills him.

Still want his death to be gnarly though
I don't think it's crazy. She loves the character, loves the series, still models, still looks astounding, and she was saying stuff like this not that long ago...

I agree it's not crazy, Voth is pretty cool. However, I really like the new model they have for Jill too. It reminds me more of the original model, and provided the voice is good it's easily a slam dunk redesign. On par with Leon in RE2make

Though I also think RE2make Claire is an improvement over the original design, so what do I know

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I loved the Mr. X shenanigans very much and i cannot wait to see what Capcom do with Nemesis.

This motherfucker needs to be terrifying.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
RE3-IMG4.jpg
HDPVR2_20160321_0921.mp4_snapshot_18.39_2016.03.23_11.38.10.jpg

She always looked a bit different/older in the Cutscenes compared to concept art renders.
Some inconsistencies such as the cutscene Jill being different to the renders is due to how the game evolved from being a spin off into a main line title.

Director Aoyama mentioned in an interview that the cutscenes were added very late into development. The game as a spin off title had no plans of having a CG cutscene but it changed when it was turned into RE3.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm still reeling from this, in total disbelief and hyped out of my fucking mind. Capcom is having the biggest comeback of all time before our eyes.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
I'm curious whether the mystery achievement that was added to the steam page for Resident Evil 2's remake is connected. Maybe a mini-demo or dlc connecting the two? A short Brad dlc as a prologue would be pretty cool.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yes brother! Personally, I'm hoping he can go out a bit more heroic before Jill mercy kills him.

Still want his death to be gnarly though

Oh yeah for sure, they can't change that death lol, it's way too iconic. What they do before that though is what's I'm most interested in. Hopefully it's not as short a role as it is in the original.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted the RE 1.5 cut enemies to make an appearance. I also wonder if any of the cut RE2R content will show up here.

Jan 4, 2018
Capcom should have stealth patched Brad into RE2 as a tease (and to make up for him not being in it in the first place). Especially since his character model now presumedly exists.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's old now, but seeing a bunch of people posting the original RE3 Jill render to say how the new one looks like it reminds me that I really dislike the RE3 model lol.

REmake was definitely the best of the older versions by far. This new Jill is pretty cool too.

Always disliked her cutscene model, it was jarringly different from the promotional renders.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I'm excited to see what they do with Brad the most. His absence in the RE2make was felt, and I wonder if it's because his role is expanded this time around. Maybe he lives longer and dies somewhere else instead of the RPD? Perhaps Jill has to put "chickenheart" down herself?

For us, the day RE3 leaked was the one of the most exciting times of this gen

For Bison, it was Tuesday
I need that trailer... Capcom should end our suffering and upload it today!!

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I don't feel any of them need it. I can still play the original RE2 or C:V and love it because they're still amazing games. But you can definitely take that world and put them into a modern gameplay setting and create other amazing games that stand alongside the originals.

When you get to RE4 and RE5, I think it's a lot harder to answer the question, "Why should this be remade?" With the originals, you're taking pre-rendered background games with limited movement and turning them into 3rd person action/adventure games.

RE4 and RE5 are already that. So like... what do you do? Modernize the control scheme a bit, make it a lot prettier. I don't think either of them scream, "You can do something amazing with a remake that you couldn't do originally," as is the case with RE1-C:V.

I love the old style RE games a ton myself, but REmake and RE2make are really incredible games too. Code Veronica is the one I'm the least hot on out of all them so I'd really love a version of that game I'd have fun coming back to more often, personally haha.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis has gotta be on some extra shit, like busting down walls type of shit.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh yeah for sure, they can't change that death lol, it's way too iconic. What they do before that though is what's I'm most interested in. Hopefully it's not as short a role as it is in the original.
Agreed!
You're not wrong, new Claire is better than the original one. She's up there with RE4 Leon in the god-tier RE designs department.
Right? You get me
Goddamn, I keep going back to the images and smiling all over again. It's happening, it's really happening!
'Tis a glorious day

Status
Not open for further replies.