• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
The bad thing about a reveal at TGA is that we'll likely only get a cinematic trailer with no gameplay. When RE2 got revealed it was at E3 and we got 2 separate trailers and full gameplay demos to chew on. The wait for gameplay after a trailer for RE3 will be agonising.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bad thing about a reveal at TGA is that we'll likely only get a cinematic trailer with no gameplay. When RE2 got revealed it was at E3 and we got 2 separate trailers and full gameplay demos to chew on. The wait for gameplay after a trailer for RE3 will be agonising.

shadow drop, available NOW ON DIGITAL DOWNLOAD and retail next week

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Pure wishlist stuff on my part but I'd love if he basically had his role from the original RE2 in this one. So instead of being an unconscious body you'll see him wounded and he'll basically force you at gun point to get out. Just something that gets his great actor from the remake back.

That would be fucking sick. Now that would be some great fan-service.

Pretty unrealistic at this point with the timelines of the both games, but would love Nemesis and Tyrant to just duke it out or just even come across one another at some point. Possibly since there were multiples that were technically released throughout the city it could work.

Oct 26, 2017

Pretty unrealistic at this point with the timelines of the both games, but would love Nemesis and Tyrant to just duke it out or just even come across one another at some point. Possibly since there were multiples that were technically released throughout the city it could work.
You could easily squeeze a surviving Tyrant towards the end of the game if they could find a fun way to use it.

Look at this guy, barely a scratch on him.

Resident-evil-3-Dead-T-103-edit-768x512.jpg

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017

I would love to see that. Like when the T-Rex and Spinosaurous fight in Jurassic Park 3. Nemesis tearing Tyrant in half.

BrownShockedLangur-size_restricted.gif

Res

Oct 25, 2017
You guys aren't gonna care about nemesis's design once he starts chasing you

Oct 28, 2017

Just have Nemesis destroy Mr X with his rocket launcher.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I am so hyped for this!!

I hope that this time,
giant mutated spiders are in.

That would seriously scare the shit out of me. Haha.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mr X already gets merked by Birkin in Remake 2. He's a jobber.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Where the hell did the idea of co- op come from? Just because there's being two people on the cover doesn't mean there's co-op.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

I'll miss this when starting up the remake. I at least hope it will still have that track at the main menu when using the OG OST.

I wonder if they will redo the FMV opening too. One of my favourite cutscenes of the series.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope he fucking books it after you, and that the higher the difficulty the faster he is, instead of the mr. x's casual daunt towards you that he has in RE2make. Like I want to exit a room and see him trucking down a hall way towards me

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I was 100% ok with Humanised Nemesis in Apocalypse. Gave me some Grey Fox vibes and i'm always a sucker for that.
We never really get much of the "good BOW" idea which I think works in some instances.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I hope they expand on Brads relationship with Jill.

Also this can be scary as fuck since your in the wide city now no more closed areas!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
YEAAAHHHH LET'S GOOOOOO

I was thinking about this earlier. I think it would be really fucking cool if this time around, when Jill gets to the precinct, there are a ton of police officers there and the place feels like a little haven. Then, out of nowhere, Nemesis makes his entrance and just fucking slaughters all the officers while trying to get to Jill like the fucking terminator that he is. I think it would be a kick-ass introduction to the character and it would set him up as the frightening threat that he is.

That third Nemesis pic has me dying, he looks so fucking goofy.

do6ty.jpg
Yeah I don't like the nose either. I'll wait after seeing him in motion to pass final judgement.

Well that's GOTY 2020 sorted.
2020 is already fucking stacked, and yeah, RE3 will definitely be a contender for me. RE2 is currently in competition with Bloodborne for the game of the generation spot.

You'll get alt Jill costumes, don't worry.
I really want the Dreamcast costume to be in.
resident_evil_3___last_escape_by_litoperezito_dcfp5td-fullview.jpg

I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.
This sounds extremely exciting.

Jill looks great...but what's up with Nemesis' piano keys for teeth lol? Much prefer the original design.

re3_nemesis.jpg
Yeah he looks great here.

The Subway system replacing the tram seemed like a likely direction after there was an unexplained scene in a subway in the RE2r opening titles video.
screenshot2019-12-03ay4kyc.png
oh shit!

WHAT THE HECK? ALREADY? I WAITED YEARS TO GET FROM 'WE DO IT' TO ANYTHING AND WE GET THIS LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER RE2?

AHAHAHAAHAHA.
It's so fucking satisfying!!!

I hope they do, but they need to keep in mind this is Jill game.

A lot of people have mentioned the "I'll give you STARS" scene. And I want to highlight one word from it: I . It's Jill, and only Jill, that can truly fight Nemesis. If they change Carlos role too much to the point that this I became We then they will have failed to capture the essence of RE3.
I agree with this.

I can tell you right now though nothing is official yet (as far I know, I think they're waiting to see how REmake 3 performs, but I also am not super up to date) that remaking RE1, Code Veronica, RE4 and even RE5 have all been things they've been talking/thinking about internally.
WHAT THE FUCK

Anyway, about Carlos, I think this GIF sort of encapsulates my reservatiosn about his role in R3make:

giphy.gif

Nemesis isn't out there for him. The moments he fights Carlos is simply because he is the way. Nemesis personal conflict with Jill is at the very essence of RE3.
yep

Didn't play the original. Is the city more open or linear? Any chance we could get an awesome Metroidvania RE?
The city was definitely more linear. This is something I hope changes in the remake; I want some criss-crossy metroidvania shit all over RE3-R just like the precinct in RE2-R.

New Carlos looks like a real merc.

Old Carlos looked like a goofy anime pretty boi.

New Carlos is so much better.
yep

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I hope he fucking books it after you, and that the higher the difficulty the faster he is, instead of the mr. x's casual daunt towards you that he has in RE2make. Like I want to exit a room and see him trucking down a hall way towards me
I'm hoping it keeps the dodge mechanic and it's more faster pace. He shoots rockets at you so you're defo going to need to be able maneuver around quicker.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'd love to see the reveal, but I haven't finished DS, and I feel like it's going to get spoiled at the awards.

Did nothing happen with the trophy update?

I hope we get something to tide us over until the release.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
SoP you say?
Nothing has been mentioned by Sony... though I don't remember exactly with how many days prior to the stream the events are announced.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The Subway system replacing the tram seemed like a likely direction after there was an unexplained scene in a subway in the RE2r opening titles video.
screenshot2019-12-03ay4kyc.png
I hope RE3 isn't as unfinished as RE2, no A/B Route, no factory & spiders, seems like the Jan 2019 release date was tight. Plus this subway probably was cut content too but who knows.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
This might be a surprise early 2020 release if it was outsourced, i wouldn't be surprised either, it seems everyone wants a piece of Q1 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.