• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I think people will come around on nemesis when we fully see him. Remember people weren't big on the new Mr. X at first either.

I dunno. He looks goofier than he did in the original. It's so weird seeing Jill's look brought down to earth while Nemesis looks that. Dude was never scary and now he's even less so.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
AHHHHHHHHHH!

R76j3bp.jpg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I dunno. He looks goofier than he did in the original. It's so weird seeing Jill's look brought down to earth while Nemesis looks that. Dude was never scary and now he's even less so.

I think this is where how they use him will play into it. They're going for more of a grotesque creature look vs "Badass BOW" and stuff like this fanart I think gives a good example of what we're in store for. The sloppy almost human face with the teeth slowly turning around in the rain to suddenly charge and scream STARS at you seems more terrifying than the original design could ever muster and I say that as a BIG fan of Nemesis

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Better have downloadable classic soundtrack like RE2. I refuse to play the game without the best track.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I don't get the goofy complaint. It's a fucking abomination. Absurd doesn't mean goofy.
When you look at him you just think "it doesn't make any sense ! It shouldn't exist !", it's terrifying. Looks like it's coming straight out of a John Carpenter's film or a Junji Ito's manga.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I think this is where how they use him will play into it. They're going for more of a grotesque creature look vs "Badass BOW" and stuff like this fanart I think gives a good example of what we're in store for. The sloppy almost human face with the teeth slowly turning around in the rain to suddenly charge and scream STARS at you seems more terrifying than the original design could ever muster and I say that as a BIG fan of Nemesis

He doesn't look all that grotesque, tho. That one pokemon made out of garbage is creepier than this guy.

BaNDaMaN

Nov 1, 2019
I absolutely loved this game as a kid. Scared the buhjeebies out of me. Definitely looking forward to this.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

They did the same with mr.x. His soul piercing eyes and look is just pure intimidation. It makes sense with going harder on the horror aspect.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's just static images, though. I mean, to me, the special edition render implies the skin doesn't quite fit and is literally tearing. If Nemesis is constantly in a state of almost mutating and that suit is the only thing containing him, then that instability could be pretty scary.

They could leverage that in gameplay, too. In RE2, Birkin mutates at fixed points in the game. What if Nemesis didn't? Assuming we can explore much more of Raccoon City in RE3, what if Nemesis can randomly appear in areas at any time and defeating him carries a serious risk / reward mechanic? On one hand you use up a lot of ammo to pull it off and in return get exclusive and powerful weapon upgrades but, on the other, Nemesis will mutate in some way and next time you face him he'll be stronger, faster and pack new attacks.

So killing him might be worth the cost now, but what about later when he comes back and he's even harder to kill? I'd love them to implement something like that.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't get the goofy complaint. It's a fucking abomination. Absurd doesn't mean goofy.
When you look at him you just think "it doesn't make any sense ! It shouldn't exist !", it's terrifying. Looks like it's coming straight out of a John Carpenter's film or a Junji Ito's manga.

Exactly the same thoughts that went through my mind when I saw the pictures.
Looks super good to me.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite classic re and I'm not sorry about it. What this game did pursuit was just genius and defied technological boundaries at the time. The reuse of the familiar just slightly askew was brilliant.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I hadn't noticed the nose when I was on mobile earlier in the day. I see it now and it looks pretty stupid, IMO. If they removed it I think he'd look a lot better.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017

Nemesis somewhat worked in the original, but the entire predator chasing you was a tired concept to me even back in 1999. The modern Jill has a huge forehead, but she's alright. I still prefer Julia, but it will do. The modern Nemesis looks goofy, both for having a nose and having teeth that look like tongue depressors at a physician's office. Hard for me to take seriously, but I'm hoping he works well in action. If Nemesis doesn't work or Carlos more or less becomes the other "half" of the campaign outside of sections, this is a pass for me.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The only worry I have right now is that there was no Deluxe Edition in this leak.
But then again, the deluxe version might be popping up later.

I know it's a lot of work, but I really hope they put the original soundtrack in again.

As for January release date? Absolutely not. That would be unthinkable. My guess is September, July at the earliest.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I know it's a lot of work, but I really hope they put the original soundtrack in again.

As for January release date? Absolutely not. That would be unthinkable. My guess is September, July at the earliest.

I believe it can't be the first three months because Capcom already released their bussiness plan or whatever it's called and it said no major releases in the fiscal years, which goes up to Q1'20. So technically April would be the soonest we could get it. But I'd second your guess, Q3 is the most likely scenario, or late Q2.

And the soundtrack, yes, we need classic soundtrack. But I want the normal one to have an ending credits scene like Soul of Cinder from Dark Souls 3. That is, it starts as something else and then you start to recognized the notes of another theme, in RE3's case it would be this:

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thanks to this thread I learned that RE2R's development was a little rocky and not smooth, which is exactly what the original game was like, and yet they both turned out amazing

great when history repeats itself

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Well, they should keep the Dino Crisis poster in the hospital. Imagine how many "Dino Crisis remake confirmed" articles wouldn't be written because of that.

It had less content than an already short game from 1998. It's fair.

I wouldn't call it unfinished. I would say however that it's very easy to see how RE2 could have been expanded. The cut content being obvious, but I also think the Lab part should have been bigger.

hortsatta

Jun 25, 2018
I'm actually expecting RE8 to be next in line, lol.

Anyway, I'm so freaking excited for this, my favorite RE getting the love it deserves.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
thanks to this thread I learned that RE2R's development was a little rocky and not smooth, which is exactly what the original game was like, and yet they both turned out amazing

great when history repeats itself

There is a series of videos Capcom released with some RE2 developers and they just talk about the process, have you seen them? They talk about how much the game changed, and there is even some fixed camera footage.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Well, they should keep the Dino Crisis poster in the hospital. Imagine how many "Dino Crisis remake confirmed" articles wouldn't be written because of that.

I wouldn't call it unfinished. I would say however that it's very easy to see how RE2 could have been expanded. The cut content being obvious, but I also think the Lab part should have been bigger.
It's not really just the cut content, which all games have, the mini gun for example is really out of place, just randomly in that little office room next to the giant elevator, it does kind of seem they ran out of time when they got to the lab section.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Why are people acting like RE2make was a disapointement ? Just like REmake, it set à pretty high standard on what a remake should be.
It's not perfect but it's still is a masterpiece and love letter to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.