• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Callego

Nov 22, 2017
STARS made no sense with how small Raccoon City was supposed to be. Two team of heavily trained elite special forces with soldier-like equipement to protect this little country-side town.
When playing the classic games, my own little headcanon is that S.T.A.R.S would just kind of hang out in their office most of the time, and the mansion incident was the first real serious problem they've had to solve. I know this doesn't jive too well with the backstories of all the members actually being prodigies with a long list of achievements, but hey, maybe they enjoy the quiet life in Raccoon.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I love Dino Crisis 1 but I do think it looks a bit too industrial. Probably owing to the technology of the PS1.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want a remake of Dino Crisis, I want a reboot. Dino Crisis serves from a not being able to stablished a strong identity but I was surprise to know it was meant to be an action heavy game from the start (and I'd argue DC2 is the best game and this is one of the reasons why). So it shouldn't be a survival horror. Keep elements from the original games like Regina and build the game from ther without being shackled by the original game.

It should be rebooted using the RE6 combat system.

They should build on top of the action heavy and faster paced DC2. Co-op could definitely work in its favor.

DC1 is great too but leave that style of play to RE.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
When playing the classic games, my own little headcanon is that S.T.A.R.S would just kind of hang out in their office most of the time, and the mansion incident was the first real serious problem they've had to solve. I know this doesn't jive too well with the backstories of all the members actually being prodigies with a long list of achievements, but hey, maybe they enjoy the quiet life in Raccoon.

Same, I also thought it was setup by Umbrella if not just backed by them in secret. But yeah the existence of such an elite, extremely situational unit in what was supposed to be a small town, then small city, and in some depictions a decently sized city, still felt off.

I like most others just rolled with it haha.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loads of towns have city in their name. Capcom just lost sight of the original vision. Even in RE3s ending the death toll was over 100,000. Makes sense for a mid sized town, but the metropolis it turned into should make that millions. The movies influenced the games a lot in the 2000s unfortunately.
The fairly large city i live near has a population of 115,000, thats a normal population for most cities. A city doesnt need to e Chicago to be a city lol.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda would prefer if they hit the breaks on REmakes after 3 and did new side games. Preferably an action coop title with Jill and Claire finally meeting or picking up that Jake cliffhanger while the next numbered games continue in a more horror first person direction for a bit.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, any game would be awesome in the RE engine. I want a Mass Effect remake using the RE engine!

Or better yet, Silent Hill.

Not like Konami will ever to anything worthwhile with it.

Kinda would prefer if they hit the breaks on REmakes after 3 and did new side games. Preferably an action coop title with Jill and Claire finally meeting or picking up that Jake cliffhanger while the next numbered games continue in a more horror first person direction for a bit.

Here's hoping RE7 is the end of that.

FPS, bleh.

Capcom reboots Dino Crisis and Square reboots Parasite Eve next gen. LET'S GOOOOOO!

All SE needs to do is go back to the brilliant formula of PE1.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
It seems that the announcement is skipping TGA. I wonder if they'll just drop a trailer like they did for Project Resistance

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Why do you guys want a RE4 remake? It way too soon man. RE4 plays modern and such. It doesn't need it until 10th gen.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I loved RE2 up until the Mr. X parts. Absolutely hated being constantly pursued. I can understand how many people enjoy that and love it, but it's not for me. That being said, I still appreciated the quality of 2 and am glad they're making 3. But with the Mr X stuff being turned up with nemesis, unfortunately it's not for me.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Man, i would be pretty bummed if we don't see this within next week.

Looking at the leaked cover art, I have to say I really like the look of Jill and Carlos! Nemesis though.. not so much. It's not even the nose, but more it's teeth being literal toothpicks lol.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I loved RE2 up until the Mr. X parts. Absolutely hated being constantly pursued. I can understand how many people enjoy that and love it, but it's not for me. That being said, I still appreciated the quality of 2 and am glad they're making 3. But with the Mr X stuff being turned up with nemesis, unfortunately it's not for me.

if you pretend he's just desperately pursuing you for a hug it makes it a lot less scary.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
That worked so well for Dino Crisis 3 -_-
Dino Crisis went into space, it wasn't pretty.
goddamit
I didnt know there was such a lack of cool ballers in here with vision. Capcom is back so I trust that they could finally do a better Dead space with the RE engine, that Dino crisis game will not effect my perfect sci fi horror vision. Also Dinos in space is stupid just to say.

Oct 26, 2017
I didnt know there was such a lack of cool ballers in here with vision. Capcom is back so I trust that they could finally do a better Dead space with the RE engine, that Dino crisis game will not effect my perfect sci fi horror vision. Also Dinos in space is stupid just to say.
They might be able to pull it off but a far future RE doesn't sit right with me. And it would be still full of past RPD members who'd been put in suspended animation or some shit.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Code Veronica is at least twice as long as RE1-3. It needs significant time in the oven I think. We won't be seeing it so soon.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Space isn't for RE. Give me Jill in South America dealing with the PTSD from her torture in RE5. Going in solo to take revenge against Neo Umbrella. Kind of Logan style. Marketed as that fallen hero going into a suicide mission (she doesn't have to die).

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I think you should give it a chance. The pursuit dynamic between Tyrant and Nemesis is different. You can't incapacitate Tyrant but you down Nemesis.

at least if they don't make him like Tyrant in the remake.

Oct 26, 2017
Code Veronica is at least twice as long as RE1-3. It needs significant time in the oven I think. We won't be seeing it so soon.
It's not really about the length. (mostly)
We're only seeing 2 & 3 close together because they both began 3+ years ago. If Dusk Golem's info is up to date, they haven't begun work on any more remakes quite yet. They could perhaps have another pair of remakes ready in 2023 and 2024, but who knows really.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Well if im not getting space id be happy with 3rd person at the very least. Dont you dare do that first person for RE8 Capcom, dont you dare.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Still a bummer we didn't get an Ada DLC campaign for RE2. Really wanted it.
But hey 3 got announced less than a year later so can't be too sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.