• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Queue up your "I knew this would be a Jawmuncher Thread" posts because we're about to get into it.

For most, the big thing about RE3 is Jill, Nemesis, and the gameplay changes that go along with the story. These are all things any remake of the game is going to have, regardless of who is making it or the budget the game is being provided. So when I say "It needs this" i'm talking about those smaller things that can really add up. Such as the Alligator coming back or half of the classic costumes in Resident Evil 2 Remake. Simple things that wouldn't impact the overall quality but really add to the overall title.

This is why RE3make having Regina's Dino Crisis costume for Jill is something I think would need to be there to get that "faithful" check-mark from me. Back when Dino Crisis released in NA on Aug 31st 1999, all copies of the title included a demo for Resident Evil 3. Resident Evil 3 when it released 3 months later in November. All of the first run copies included a demo for Dino Crisis. You don't typically see games include demos for already released titles but giving back to DC was a big deal. Since if for whatever reason someone skipped DC, they were going to get a taste of it now with their latest purchase in the RE series. We haven't even gotten into the costume itself, but already these two titles are basically joined at the hip.

dc1k0kw1.png
resident-evil-3-nemesgvjgz.jpg

tumblr_pcavwzLy8s1xxp5jzo2_250.gif
51GARWmF4ZL.jpg

The costume itself might not be special to most. Hell, you can argue it's just cross marketing more than being something for the fans. But after all this time, regardless what the original intentions were. The outfit stands out as one of the best in Jill's catalog throughout her entire RE career. Especially when you consider the legacy of it being the first crossover style costume in the series. Plus there's the fact that the popularity of the costume/IP at the time was enough for it to get its own figure. That's a lot of identity for just the simple addition it was probably meant to be back at the time. Which to me really cements the idea that much like how RE2 wouldn't be RE2 without the gator, RE3 just won't be the same without this nod to its sister game (Regardless if it's DLC or not).

This year we've thankfully seen Modders take matters into their own hands already with RE2 on PC. Making a mod for the costume (Which was covered on a multitude of gaming sites). It's always great to see the community step in, but when you get it from the developers themselves. So many people have access to it, regardless of their platform.

Dzhc94nUUAA9iL0.jpg

Now is where i'd usually get into how it's the 20th Anniversary of Dino Crisis this year and that the series has been seeing numerous cameos throughout a multitude of capcom projects already. Or how such an addition could potentially clue us in on a larger picture for the IP. But since I always do that, you can just take a gander at all these Dino Crisis threads here on Reset.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
That mod looks stellar. I hope there's a hidden Dino Crisis demo in there as well, you know, for it to be considered true REmake! ;)

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I hope it's there, but if they've been seriously thinking about bringing Dino Crisis back internally (or so rumors claim) then I could see Capcom thinking that they should *save* Regina's RE Engine look for her own game. Especially if they're planning to give her a huge redesign, they'd want to avoid getting people attached to classic Regina by making her an alternate look for Jill. Keep your expectations low!

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Of course it should.

I always played in that costume I expect to be able to play it again when I unlock it in the R3make.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I could easily see this being a deluxe edition bonus, if they're budgeting for 3-4 extra costumes anyway may as well.

Would be good promotion for the Dino Crisis remake / reboot too 😎👍

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I hope it's there, but if they've been seriously thinking about bringing Dino Crisis back internally (or so rumors claim) then I could see Capcom thinking that they should *save* Regina's RE Engine look for her own game. Especially if they're planning to give her a huge redesign, they'd want to avoid getting people attached to classic Regina by making her an alternate look for Jill. Keep your expectations low!

This is the one aspect I didn't cover inbthr OP but it definitely holds true. The only flip side I could imagine is keeping the costume classic here as to not give away the newer look that could be happening.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow at the last picture! I want a Dino Crisis 3 with the RE engine.

There's no Dino Crisis 3 yet for me.

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
IF they have plans to remake Dino Crisis, I can see the costume being included with R3make. However, if they don't have any current plans, I feel like it's just gonna stoke the fire for fans that think a Dino Crisis remake might be coming.

Capcom probably doesn't want that.

Or maybe they want to gauge the interest to said remake by putting it in there and seeing what people say.....

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good luck, OP! I believe in you!

DINO CRISIS REPRESENT!

(It would actually be pretty cool to get some Dino Crisis again.)

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Capcom decides to remake Dino Crisis first and then RE3.

Not gonna happen since RE3 would be cheaper to make because of RE2 fundation. New raptors and other dinos would take ton of work.

I'd be happy if they ever decide to remake it.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For once, I actually agree with you Jaw.

Feels weird, just agreeing with Jaw on something...

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i agree.

It would be cool to see RE3make releasing next year in January, with a Dino Crisis reboot releasing in March. It would be free marketing for Dino Crisis.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Everything is pointing to yes on RE engine. I can't be 100% on anything though since I haven't actually seen anything myself.

Awesome.

Not true.

I would love if they are able to bring all the RE3 outfits over:

7LrMDLx.jpg

I wonder how much work that would be. I'd love too see them all back. Plus her BSAA and Battlesuit costumes (we definitely need at least one costume with RE5 era Jill).

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for the old alt costumes to be added to RE2's remake.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It has to be. I'll always support your crusade Jaw! I want Regina back with Dino Crisis!

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'd be disappointed if it doesn't include all the outfits, and more importantly, The Mercenaries.
I want to buy the weapons, and the inf ammo briefcase. :0

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Give me the Regina outfit, the gothy biker outfit and her BSAA ballcap uniform as starters. I'm still holding out for Claire's Let Me Live denim outfit as DLC for RE2