• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Carlos shoulder checking hunters and punching them across the room is straight up post re4 memes.

Someone tell Jaw.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the change makes him more heroic. He gives Jill the chance to escape, while also being the downfall of another character.
I don't see why they couldn't do both. Have Nemy show up then have Brad push her away only to meet his fate and become a zombie. I prefer him hunting everyone in STARS to be more interesting. Would make Jill's revenge extra personal that way.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I'm sorry, but "Nemesis wasn't the one who killed Brad = Nemesis is a complete chump" has to be one of the most hilariously embarrasing takes I have ever read.

Also I'm really loving all this Jill characterization.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
I don't see why they couldn't do both. Have Nemy show up then have Brad push her away only to meet his fate and become a zombie. I prefer him hunting everyone in STARS to be more interesting. Would make Jill's revenge extra personal that way.

There's really nothing to say that Nemesis didn't get to him though. When we see him as a zombie its not like he's been munched on too terribly much. So I don't think that crowd necessarily finished him off. I think there's more to it we haven't seen (content that might not even be released yet). Even if not, I think his death is fine and Nemesis not killing him doesn't impact anything at all. He's a relentless beast killing anything in his way. We see that. That's enough alone.

I'm sorry, but "Nemesis wasn't the one who killed Brad = Nemesis is a complete chump" has to be one of the most hilariously embarrasing takes I have ever read.

High quality memes for sure.

Absolutely, I'm digging it. I like her interactions with Carlos. She seems to warm up to him more over time and stops being as sassy. Going to wait to see how she treats him after he's cured her though.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the changes made to Brad but I would like to see him being offed by Nemesis just to send Jill a message. As for Zombie brad, technically Jill never met him. In classic RE2 Leon or Claire finishes him off if you meet the criteria.

I don't like his second form either (it seems its a lot like his actual final form in the original which I thought sucked as well). I liked shirtless tentacle Nemesis from the original more. He becomes just another beast enemy way too quick.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I wasn't even that bothered about them recreating the death scene 1:1, I was fine with whatever they ended up doing. This however does nothing but make Nemesis look like an absolute failure. His reason for existing is to kill S.T.A.R.S. members and in this game he never succeeds.

And fwiw I like that Brad stays behind to give Jill time to escape. It's a great redemption arc for Brad after RE1. I also love how he infects Marvin. It's a great way to link RE2 and 3 even more. Despite that, they could have easily had Nemesis kill Brad between those two points.
I wonder how Nemesis would have done against Albert

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil

Same, they are really pushing the Terminator vibes with this game, especially Jill = Sarah Connor. I just love the cocky personality they gave her

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is makes a good case for why leaks suck. People start focusing 100% on negative shit and convince themselves the game is disappointing, and then confirmation bias kicks in when they actually get their hands on the game.

Now instead of enjoying all the good, they're gonna be complaining about how there's no spiders lmao.

Feb 16, 2018
This thread is makes a good case for why leaks suck. People start focusing 100% on negative shit and convince themselves the game is disappointing, and then confirmation bias kicks in when they actually get their hands on the game.

Now instead of enjoying all the good, they're gonna be complaining about how there's no spiders lmao.
It was the same thing with the RE2 leak thread last year, people focus on whats different and seem to jump to conclusion that any changes are bad for the overall game or story. I'm sure the FFVII leak thread will be an absolute shitshow.

Nov 9, 2017

It was the same way with RE2Remake.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same, they are really pushing the Terminator vibes with this game, especially Jill = Sarah Connor. I just love the cocky personality they gave her

I am in the camp that likes this Jill. I think her design, VA and attitude is excellent. Her face looks less like a doll than in REmake and Rev. And RE5 made her a straight up ninja which was overdone.

uovmsRpQxcSTo89aCe6PsN-1200-80.jpg

I approve.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, less and less convinced that I'll like this as much as REmake 2, let alone the original RE3. Will still get around to it, but will still wait for a sale like I've been doing with the last few games.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Why in the name of God did they cut the Clock Tower which was the most memorable location of the damn game?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Why are you blaming leaks for a fanbase problem? The people in this thread wigging out (you know who you are) just need to chill out.

There is nothing here on the level of Pokemon or KH3 pre release jank, speaking as someone who was at ground zero for both. I seriously cant fathom why some people are like this game sucks now after what we've seen so far.

Like the only thing that actually got on my nerves was Jill's nerfed shoulder pads and that aint cancel the game worthy.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Is Brad not getting killed by Nemesis in the Remake that big of a deal? I mean, in the original Brad's death was there to properly introduce Nemesis and show us how unrelentless he is, but in the remake we get a whole opening sequence of 15 min focused on establishing Jill's struggle against Nemesis and how he will do anything to complete his objective, besides, Nemmy has a one hit kill move that's exactly the attack he used to finish Brad, so you can still see that in the Remake. Both approaches are valid and i know you are all disappointed that the remake isn't what you expected, but to say that is trash because it did something different seems really hyperbolic
Yes. It makes remake Nemesis a complete fucking failure.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm not going to defend the Nemesis change. He should have killed Brad, and we should be able to express our disappointment about it. It's still a day one, saying you're disappointed about a change doesn't mean you think the game will suck

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to defend the Nemesis change. He should have killed Brad, and we should be able to express our disappointment about it. It's still a day one, saying you're disappointed about a change doesn't mean you think the game will suck
uh no. Maybe the story is told in such a way that its more effective if Brad doesn't die. You have to play the game first.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's really nothing to say that Nemesis didn't get to him though. When we see him as a zombie its not like he's been munched on too terribly much. So I don't think that crowd necessarily finished him off. I think there's more to it we haven't seen (content that might not even be released yet). Even if not, I think his death is fine and Nemesis not killing him doesn't impact anything at all. He's a relentless beast killing anything in his way. We see that. That's enough alone.
True it could be something we haven't seen yet.

For me personally, when I remember RE3, I remember all the stuff like Nemesis's intro, the railgun, the randomized elements the weird monsters you encounter (god I wish spiders returned...), mercenaries and stuff like that which admittedly, the game is bring a lot of that but not everything. A lot of that being gone (but to be fair, replaced with other new stuff) is disappointing. I guess REmake 1 spoiled me cause both REmake 2 and this changed way too much from the original experience and I can't not be disappointed about that cause I loved RE2 and especially 3 so much that I was wishing for a modern remake that takes that experience and modernizes it.

That said, I am not angry about the game. I am still hyped as hell and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Unlike REmake 2, the game feels like they put way more effort into making it, rather than running into issues while developing it.

Though I gotta say, I hope they pull this shit with Code Veronica remake as well. That game would benefit so much from changing things. They can do whatever they want with it and I will approve cause that game sucked and I hate it so much.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Jill looks so good in this game, it's insane.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it? Nemesis has literally one job.

The poster I beleive is referring to nemy not be a threat in the game. Just because nemesis doesn't personally kill off brad doesn't mean he's a failure(threat wise). However, if you are going by literal success then classic nemesis failed to complete his mission as well.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
have you watched all the cutscenes or something?
Not all, but I've seen the stuff in Jill's apartment which looks great and the stuff with her and Brad in the bar. Haven't seen Brad get killed by Carlos myself or him bite Marvin but others have. This is the spoiler thread

Also, while I wouldn't call Nemmy a total chump because he didn't kill Brad, the change does nothing for him and I can see how others would think his impact is lessoned. More of a lore thing then a gameplay thing, but still

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Jill looks so good in this game, it's insane.
Yeah if there is one thing nobody should complain about, it is Jill. Her personality from the original is back instead of the light gun spin off (blegh) and her design is awesome as hell. Not to mention her personality and interactions with Carlos are so damn good.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Not one of them.

Remake Nemesis sucks, sigh. He hasn't even killed anyone important so far.

True, he got the weakest of the STARS member known for being a coward. Now instead, remake Brad actually goes out trying to save a team mate. Rather than just being a dude that was bit and then killed minutes later lol

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
That's exactly my point. Some people here aren't just simply dissapointed with that change (which is a reaction I understand), but they're literally arguing that it completely ruins Nemesis as a threat and destroys the whole narrative of the original RE3 or whatever, and I simply find those takes hilarious. It kind of reminds me of the whole "MCU has no stakes" sorts of arguments.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
True, he got the weakest of the STARS member known for being a coward. Now instead, remake Brad actually goes out trying to save a team mate. Rather than just being a dude that was bit and then killed minutes later lol
Brad can still save Jill and be killed by Nemesis.

I'm baffled people are defending this stupidity.

Oct 25, 2017
Not all, but I've seen the stuff in Jill's apartments which looks great and the stuff with her and Brad in the bar. Haven't seen Brad get killed by Carlos myself or him bite Marvin but others have. This is the spoiler thread
Okay, then stop critiquing the story told in RE3make if you haven't seen it for yourself. Maybe the story in RE3make is BETTER because of changes they've made.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True it could be something we haven't seen yet.

For me personally, when I remember RE3, I remember all the stuff like Nemesis's intro, the railgun, the randomized elements the weird monsters you encounter (god I wish spiders returned...), mercenaries and stuff like that which admittedly, the game is bring a lot of that but not everything. A lot of that being gone (but to be fair, replaced with other new stuff) is disappointing. I guess REmake 1 spoiled me cause both REmake 2 and this changed way too much from the original experience and I can't not be disappointed about that cause I loved RE2 and especially 3 so much that I was wishing for a modern remake that takes that experience and modernizes it.

That said, I am not angry about the game. I am still hyped as hell and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Unlike REmake 2, the game feels like they put way more effort into making it, rather than running into issues while developing it.

Though I gotta say, I hope they pull this shit with Code Veronica remake as well. That game would benefit so much from changing things. They can do whatever they want with it and I will approve cause that game sucked and I hate it so much.

I think CVX was a fine game, but just not as good as the PSX RE games and it had some serious issues. It felt like a regression in terms of controls, after 3. If you take too many items to Nosferatu the game says fuck you which is huge oversight imho (you don't need anything, just the Sniper, and a knife) but the game doesn't warn you. The Tyrant boss on the platform can fuck off too. And the part where you run out of the prison cell, well yeah, that shit should've been a cutscene.

CVX also had pacing problems, with going back and forth too much.

Indeed, if they had to remake CV, I'd actually hope for big changes we've seen in 2 and 3. While I thought 2 and 3 were fine in their original setup and they didn''t have to overhaul so much. Not that the end result of RE2R is bad, on the contrary. Some things are worse and others are better.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That's exactly my point. Some people here aren't just simply dissapointed with that change (which is a reaction I understand), but they're literally arguing that it completely ruins Nemesis as a threat and destroys the whole narrative of the original RE3 or whatever, and I simply find those takes hilarious. It kind of reminds me of the whole "MCU has no stakes" sorts of arguments.
Yeah I'll agree it's a little dramatic
Okay, then stop critiquing the story told in RE3make if you haven't seen it for yourself. Maybe the story in RE3make is BETTER because of changes they've made.
Bro I just told you I saw enough and the stuff I didn't see others have seen that I believe. I have enough info to make a critique on Brad's role and how it impacts Nemesis, which is all I talked about.

Get some reading comprehension and calm down. Y'all are attacking the wrong people

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Brad can still save Jill and be killed by Nemesis.

I'm baffled people are defending this stupidity.

His zombie body doesn't tell the story that the crowd of zombies killed him, though. I'm not fully convinced he wasn't killed by Nemmy and we just haven't seen it yet (might not even be in the game yet, and will be witnessed in a DLC). Maybe I'm looking too much into the details of his zombie body though.

Then again, people complained Zombie Brad wasn't in RE2 and I was convinced he'd play a role in RE3 and his zombie would be seen there. That turned out true.

Side note, anyone else get some cloverfield vibes from the hunters in the hospital? Their faces made me think of that for some reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll agree it's a little dramatic

Bro I just told you I saw enough and the stuff I didn't see others have seen that I believe. I have enough info to make a critique on Brad's role and how it impacts Nemesis, which is all I talked about.

Get some reading comprehension and calm down. Y'all are attacking the wrong people
lol you don't though. You have to actually see a story through to make judgement on it. Your argument (and that of the other ppl freaking out) is "Brad got killed by nemesis in the original game, therefore he has to get killed by the nemesis in the remake." As if its some super vital part of the story lol.

maybe *gasp* Brad is a better, more fleshed out character now and improves the story overall :O

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think CVX was a fine game, but just not as good as the PSX RE games and it had some serious issues. It felt like a regression in terms of controls, after 3. If you take too many items to Nosferatu the game says fuck you which is huge oversight imho (you don't need anything, just the Sniper, and a knife) but the game doesn't warn you. The Tyrant boss on the platform can fuck off too. And the part where you run out of the prison cell, well yeah, that shit should've been a cutscene.

CVX also had pacing problems, with going back and forth too much.

Indeed, if they had to remake CV, I'd actually hope for big changes we've seen in 2 and 3. While I thought 2 and 3 were fine in their original setup and they didn''t have to overhaul so much. Not that the end result of RE2R is bad, on the contrary. Some things are worse and others are better.
I think me saying I hate CV and that it sucks is a bit harsh. I was just remembering the stuff you mention along with a certain annoying side kick (who I would hope gets the Carlos treatment if they remake it). The story was also way too cheesy and anime (people complain about RE4 but even that wasn't as bad as CV's weird anime matrix mix of a story.

And yeah, some stuff in REmake 2 was better. Marvin was awesome, Kendo too had a really cool backstory. Ada though, I dislike how shady they made her and her new outfit. Overall in the character department the game was way better. I expect REmake 3 to do the same thing in some parts and I am excited to find out what.