• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 5, 2019
RE1 Chris is fairly bland till he reaches Tyrant and his portion is carried by the hilariously sexist take on Rebecca and whatever the fuck Wesker is on.
y1r1p9now3g41.jpg

Jill, on the other hand, goes from strength to strenght due to her chemistry with Barry.

REmake 3 easily has more references to RE1 than RE3. There is a rack of Tyrants in NEST which she recognizes as such to name a new one.
The wormies are gone, crows are technically mentioned as spreaders of the disease and you hear something about earthquakes but it´s a reused REmake 2 line, I think. Nikolai technically has 9 minutes left till the nuke will hit when Jill and Carlos enter their chopper to find another one but his Gun Survivor 1 report is invalidated in other ways even if he has the devil´s own luck.

There are 2 play times counted. Mr. Asissted sprinted and didn´t go for upgrades or docs:
6gpMDZw.png

At least he delivered.

It would be nice if we got a short DLC just like DMC V and REmake 2 received for the solo portion a month after release. Ghost Survivors was fun. I could take a 2nd round.

Edit: Zero + REmake and REmake 2 were also used by Capcom for a "previously on RE" to catch up new players last month. They still want to sell those and the changes to the 2nd half of REmake 2 now resolved the location issues Zero created if you play them together in a short time. Even the changes to REmake 3´s second half help with that but the Dead Factory (what a translation) is of lesser concern than the old Marshaling Yard that is in both Zero and RE2.
5 hours on assisted? well expect 10 hours + on hardcore for the first run, totally ok and fine

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I don't understand what more y'all want in terms of references to RE1 beyond needless and/or clumsy exposition.
The Hunter introduction cutscene is recreated with Carlos. (Also in RE4.)
FluidNegativeAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

The knife to the head bit from RE4 returns if you fail to hit Nikolai and the oral rape from Alien 1979 is recreated so the team managed to make past and film references work without any of it being a winky joke. Hans Ruedi Giger would be proud. The licker tease just before it´s introduction is here too so Zombie Brad ain´t the only return from RE2. There are others not named here. Like selling precious combat data and ironic uses of the Umbrella logo. The game is pretty self-aware.

The only real miss is not going for this gem at the final stretch:
9fd05f9a-cc98-4f65-b5de-5999605cb301_text.gif

Edit: Oh hey, it´s being sold again in promo cafes. THE sandwich:
532d2e52aa865944264593949065fae1.jpg

www.capcom.co.jp

カプコンカフェ 池袋店『バイオハザード RE:3』コラボメニューを大公開!|株式会社カプコン:カプコンカフェ

カプコンカフェは、カプコンゲームの中から一つをテーマに限定メニューやグッズを展開する、ユーザーがゲームの世界を追体験することを目的にしたキャラクターカフェです。
No. 4 is the T Virus.

Last edited:

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the real deal or is this the PC demo mod that's going around?

Any pics of the pre-order costume in action? I want to stay spoiler free, but I want to see the costumes already. :)

it's real, from leaked retail playthrough. The PC mod outfit has bigger shoulder pads from the original design and remake 1.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Rocket Nemesis is in the game Richter1887. You ran away from him with it during the gas station section. The opening, this and the bridge scene where he transforms are the game´s short running away bits. NEST may have a short one too unless that was just a cutscene.
He loses the launcher as the tank next to him gets blown up. Who knows if he uses it in the city roaming bits but he has it in official screenshots (the one where he lifts Jill with it) and enemy behavior is apparently dependant on difficulty. I can believe that as this happened before. He is also only in the 2nd half of the NEST after the clocktower boss fight.

Analyzing low difficulty gameplay by players who do the bare minimum ain´t a good way to judge anything but we all similar press reviews, so maybe not.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Not from what was seen. That's the biggest thing that made me sad. I hope the rumors that the harder difficulties extend the ending is true. They nailed it out of the park with Nemesis Final Metamorphosis and the Credits theme, it feels strange (and suspicious) to not have such an iconic song.
Umm the song is featured in the credits, it's a new arrangement by Masami Ueda that has the same feel as the original.

Edit: my bad, just realized you are talking about Unfortunate Event, that song is epic.

Last edited:

monali

Mar 8, 2020
I'm not liking this trend of these remakes cutting content. It hurts because RE2R was so close to being perfect and the only thing holding it back is lack of content. Whether you liked RE4 - RE6 or not, you can't deny that the games were packed with content and offered a much meatier experience. I'd really kill for a 10 - 15 hour Resident Evil game that's like two modern remakes. I couldn't care less about speed running.
You should understand this has to do with the cost of HD development, any small addition to the game might cost the company millions, it's a real shame because I would love to get a meatier RE, I mean even RE7 was on the short side, but in the same time I'm really happy that we got games like the two remakes with short campaign but high replay values.
And as a note I prefer this approach than the one SE used for FF7.

monali

Mar 8, 2020
Are there any in-game screenshots for Jill's classic costume, all I'm seeing is her RE1 costume.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Are there any in-game screenshots for Jill's classic costume, all I'm seeing is her RE1 costume.
I think because it's a pre order bonus it won't leak the codes will go live on release day. Maybe there'll be some in the reviews but I doubt it they'll just use the default. Embargo for reviews should be up on Tuesday 31st, if it's the same as RE2.

Oct 27, 2017
Rocket Nemesis is in the game Richter1887. You ran away from him with it during the gas station section. The opening, this and the bridge scene where he transforms are the game´s short running away bits. NEST may have a short one too unless that was just a cutscene.
He loses the launcher as the tank next to him gets blown up. Who knows if he uses it in the city roaming bits but he has it in official screenshots (the one where he lifts Jill with it) and enemy behavior is apparently dependant on difficulty. I can believe that as this happened before. He is also only in the 2nd half of the NEST after the clocktower boss fight.

Analyzing low difficulty gameplay by players who do the bare minimum ain´t a good way to judge anything but we all similar press reviews, so maybe not.

Oh good that there is a chance. Nemesis without his rocket launcher would remove a key thing that made him an awesome enemy. Him being smart enough to use a weapon was terrifying back then. Even more when it is a rocket launcher.

monali

Mar 8, 2020
I think because it's a pre order bonus it won't leak the codes will go live on release day. Maybe there'll be some in the reviews but I doubt it they'll just use the default. Embargo for reviews should be up on Tuesday 31st, if it's the same as RE2.
Thanks for the answer, I have the game pre-ordered too I'm just curious to see it before playing that's all, I'm still torn about what costume I should use for my first run XD.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Thanks for the answer, I have the game pre-ordered too I'm just curious to see it before playing that's all, I'm still torn about what costume I should use for my first run XD.
Same, though having watched all the gameplay I'm quite happy that at least that doesn't look like it'll be spoiled. I'll probably use that one now that I've watched runs with the other two.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have zero problems with a short RE game personally, if only because it feels close in length to an actual summer blockbuster type thriller film

But that's just me personally

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
You can't fight Rocket Nemesis ?
Wait what?

Why did they do that?

To go further with this, you can fight Rocket Nemesis but there isn't like a strict boss battle with him (you can down him to get him to drop something though). There's a part you basically get into an arena with him, but to continue is to escape the arena rather than defeat him.

Apr 19, 2018
Not from what was seen. That's the biggest thing that made me sad. I hope the rumors that the harder difficulties extend the ending is true. They nailed it out of the park with Nemesis Final Metamorphosis and the Credits theme, it feels strange (and suspicious) to not have such an iconic song.

Edit: my bad, just realized you are talking about Unfortunate Event, that song is epic.

Aww man, that is extremely disappointing to hear. =/ Yes, hopefully it's tucked away somewhere in the harder mode endings.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Two things, firstly got confirmation, apparently if you have an RE3 Save File when you launch up Resistance, you unlock Jill as a Survivor and Nikolai as a Mastermind. Nikolai's "Special" is to summon Nemesis. This also implies Resistance will probably be sold separately later as owning RE3 unlocks Jill and Nikolai for you.

Also got details on Nightmare difficulty.

So for those who want to know how differently Nightmare changes things, same anonymous person who mentioned the time stuff has been giving me a list of changes they've observed so far. Of course, don't read on if you don't want to spoil Nightmare difficulty changes for yourself.

-Picking up Ammo packs give you less, like Handgun ammo pick-ups give you 7 bullets rather than 10.
-You get the Magnum very early, get it at the Subway at the beginning.
-Zombies move faster.
-Zombies do the "REmake 2 thing" where their AI for lunging changes on which difficulty you're playing on. On Normal they lunge once, on Hardcore they "double-lunge", on Nightmare they "double-lunge" and are more twitchy and get-up and recover when anything they may be stunned by.
-There are more enemies generally. Like the beginning alley before entering the place with the Toy Store, there are now 5 zombies rather than 2, in the Drain Deimos section here's a lot more of them and they're more aggressive, etc. This is rather consistent.
-The "window dressing" zombies behind gates who normally can't attack you are replaced with Parasite Zombies, who have a distance attack so they can attack you now.
-A LOT more Parasite Zombies in general.
-Moon Doughnuts route is closed when you go through rather than the Alley path, forcing you down the Alley path (on normal difficulties, force you through Doughnuts).
-Nemesis AI is more relentless and harder to down.
-In the Sewers, Hunter Gamma's positions are changed so you fight more than one at a time.
-In RPD there is a lot more Lickers, and Pale Heads from the Hospital appear at the end of RPD, and even Pale Heads with Parasite Heads (which are new).
-Lickers appear in the Hospital as well and aren't just locked to RPD now.
-Some later game sections with Dogs, the Dogs have been replaced with Hunter Gammas.
-NEST 2 has more Pale Heads, less Parasites though.
-The final couple Nemesis bosses are a lot more aggressive and give a much smaller window to attack them, making the fights a LOT harder.

And there we go for those curious.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Two things, firstly got confirmation, apparently if you have an RE3 Save File when you launch up Resistance, you unlock Jill as a Survivor and Nikolai as a Mastermind. Nikolai's "Special" is to summon Nemesis. This also implies Resistance will probably be sold separately later as owning RE3 unlocks Jill and Nikolai for you.

Also got details on Nightmare difficulty.

So for those who want to know how differently Nightmare changes things, same anonymous person who mentioned the time stuff has been giving me a list of changes they've observed so far. Of course, don't read on if you don't want to spoil Nightmare difficulty changes for yourself.

-Picking up Ammo packs give you less, like Handgun ammo pick-ups give you 7 bullets rather than 10.
-You get the Magnum very early, get it at the Subway at the beginning.
-Zombies move faster.
-Zombies do the "REmake 2 thing" where their AI for lunging changes on which difficulty you're playing on. On Normal they lunge once, on Hardcore they "double-lunge", on Nightmare they "double-lunge" and are more twitchy and get-up and recover when anything they may be stunned by.
-There are more enemies generally. Like the beginning alley before entering the place with the Toy Store, there are now 5 zombies rather than 2, in the Drain Deimos section here's a lot more of them and they're more aggressive, etc. This is rather consistent.
-The "window dressing" zombies behind gates who normally can't attack you are replaced with Parasite Zombies, who have a distance attack so they can attack you now.
-A LOT more Parasite Zombies in general.
-Moon Doughnuts route is closed when you go through rather than the Alley path, forcing you down the Alley path (on normal difficulties, force you through Doughnuts).
-Nemesis AI is more relentless and harder to down.
-In the Sewers, Hunter Gamma's positions are changed so you fight more than one at a time.
-In RPD there is a lot more Lickers, and Pale Heads from the Hospital appear at the end of RPD, and even Pale Heads with Parasite Heads (which are new).
-Lickers appear in the Hospital as well and aren't just locked to RPD now.
-Some later game sections with Dogs, the Dogs have been replaced with Hunter Gammas.
-NEST 2 has more Pale Heads, less Parasites though.
-The final couple Nemesis bosses are a lot more aggressive and give a much smaller window to attack them, making the fights a LOT harder.

And there we go for those curious.

Oh boy.

Feb 16, 2018
Good stuff! Really excited to try Nightmare, I also figured Nikolai might be a mastermind at some point and Nemesis being playable.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Nightmare sounds awesome. Really hoping we get details on Hell as well. I'm hoping that's more than just a "one hit kills you" thing.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Nightmare sounds awesome. Really hoping we get details on Hell as well. I'm hoping that's more than just a "one hit kills you" thing.
Hell Mode removes auto-saves from the game and a number of Typewriters is reduced (several removed from the game), along with a few gameplay changes to things to make it slightly more difficulty than Nightmare (though uses Nightmare as a basis).

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Nikolai as a Mastermind + Nemesis was a given. He is what I expected as the delayed "one more thing" to stop early trade-ins but Jill is a surprise.
Hardcore being there from the start was know but it can´t be how it worked in REmake 2 due to the 2 harder modes. Probably just standard with more damage taken and received. Assisted had aim assist and limited regeneration the last time. It was the ticket to the no healing (you are allowed to do it once this), the limited steps (sub 2 hours this time) and the no item box trophy (again present). The perfect 2nd run option to knock these out and maybe one or two things missed before messing with the actual meat of the combat system and the S-Rank. The one in REmake 2 was way too good to stop after 4th + Ghost Survivor. Oh well, focusing on the next game(s) is better of course. To think that Umbrella Corps was the first current-gen only RE game. From Crapcom to Capgod.

Which modes are affected by the point shop, that is the real question. I also wonder if the anti-personnel gear zombies from GS can show up again in at least Resistance. The poisonous ones were run wreckers but I survived the night and have all the masks.

Of note:
EUB8ugMWsAAC7zx

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Small update, but "Hell" difficulty (which was a French translation) is officially "Inferno" difficulty in English.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
The evolution of disappointment to pure excitement again in this thread is amazing 😂. Can't wait for next week

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. Thank you.

So ink ribbons and some number tweaks are what we can expect from Inferno (built up from nightmare)
Not Ink Ribbons, but on Inferno there is no auto-saving and a number of the Typewriters are removed (making less available), essentially achieving the same effect.

For Inferno I don't have a list as I do Nightmare above on differences, but I have heard the difficulty is basically Nightmare but with a few tweaks to raise the challenge up.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
The quality of the title shouldn't be measured by how long it is.
No, but its value should (which is what the poster was considering). Quality and quantity are obviously two very different metrics, but both can and should factor into how people evaluate games, especially when making purchasing decisions. Based on the short campaign length and what sounds like limited replay value, I'll be waiting to get this on sale as well, even if the gameplay looks excellent (as with Doom Eternal).

Oct 25, 2017
See now my interest in Resistance is up 1000%

the main characters would make it so much more interesting and enjoyable.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Two things, firstly got confirmation, apparently if you have an RE3 Save File when you launch up Resistance, you unlock Jill as a Survivor and Nikolai as a Mastermind. Nikolai's "Special" is to summon Nemesis. This also implies Resistance will probably be sold separately later as owning RE3 unlocks Jill and Nikolai for you

I figured Nemesis would definitely be a summon--maybe not with Nicholai (I was imaging another OC like Fabron), but makes sense. For some reason I was banking on Albert Wesker being a mastermind too (Since canon's kinda suspended for awesome teamups here).

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
Hm... Barry only showed up in one permutation of the ending to 3--otherwise it's Carlos and Jill getting to the Choppa because Nicholai got turned into a mangled meat chandelier in the Dead Factory. While I love him, and him showing up would be A-1 fanservice (and he was even implied to be the "friend" in Kendo's Ghost Survivor's level), it's just as easy to include or not include him.

More RE1 references... I'm wondering how they could do it without it being super Exposition-y. Like, little asides, like "oh, I saw something like that [Nemesis] in Arklay", as a reference either to unkillable Lisa or the Tyrant could work (Note in the Lab, she does say "oh hey, there's Tyrants"). Like... I'm just not sure how much winks and nods to Arklay would really help the game? To make a bad analogy, one of the things I disliked about Avengers Endgame is how the entire second act was Disney going "You loved the Winter Soldier elevator scene, huh? Huh?! What about the opening to Guardians, with Peter Quill silly dancing--lets make it sillier by showing it without the music!" Fun little asides can be fun, but if you overdo it... it gets annoying. That said, I loved all the little nods to RE1's terrible dialogue in Revelations 2. So basically... a bunch of refs to RE1 might add a little amusement, but don't feel super necessary.

how the could have done some RE1 references:

- Have Jill in the STARS office gold a photo of her teammates getting angry about what has happened.

- reference maybe Jill talking to irons or some exposition dialogue to characters like I tried to fucking stop this..I tried to warn everyone...

- have Jill tell Carlos about what happened in the mansion explaining why the Umbrella logo he has means so much to her and have him tear it off.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Jill being in Resistance is awesome. I hope they add other main characters because everyone is going to be hoping they get to be the Jill of the team. Why pick one of those random chumps when you could pick her?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
No, but its value should (which is what the poster was considering). Quality and quantity are obviously two very different metrics, but both can and should factor into how people evaluate games, especially when making purchasing decisions. Based on the short campaign length and what sounds like limited replay value, I'll be waiting to get this on sale as well, even if the gameplay looks excellent (as with Doom Eternal).
Except it dosen't have a short campaign and it has tons of replay value through modes and unlocks.