• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
I literally dreamed that Capcom announced on their instagram and facebook that the game was being released in Brazil, and woke up to my cellphone ringing.

It was a client from our lawfirm.

I woke up today at 04h30, slept on my PC refreshing the board and some other sites just moments ago.

Waiting while other countries broke street date is killing me slowly guys :(

Dec 6, 2017
US
I already wasn't too hot on the demo compared to being blown away by REMake2 demo and loving the game. These impressions regarding all that cut content from the original are depressing, I was hoping they wouldn't do that shit again. Capcom can do whatever they want, sure, but my personal expectations as a fan of the original since it came out are that I want to see some of those iconic locations updated. It's frustrating to see so much shit cut again and I was really hoping for a more fleshed-out and meaty experience than REMake2.

Was on the fence about picking it up Day 1 after the so-so demo but definitely waiting for a sale now, got enough Apocalypse Backlog anyway.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
My wife has been playing and enjoying it quite a bit amidst the shouting and swearing at the game :p I was waiting for the pre-order DLC to go live which it did this morning as my code finally worked.

She was playing last night and walkrd in to see her fighting Nemesis on the roof top screaming and shouting at hime. Died twice to him due to running out of ammo, told her take the knife, she says but it's useless, and I say just take it. Does the fight again and wins by knifing Nemesis in the face. She now has a new appreciation for the knife :p

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Making the review thread right now for the record, reviews lift in a little more than 2 hours from now.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
What? Even digital version is already out?

No we have had the physical copy since last week Thursday but the pre-order DLC codes for the outfits was not working until today, say an update go through on the PS4 and tried the pre-order code which worked. Don't know if that means the trophy list is now live as well.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
No we have had the physical copy since last week Thursday but the pre-order DLC codes for the outfits was not working until today, say an update go through on the PS4 and tried the pre-order code which worked. Don't know if that means the trophy list is now live as well.

Oh, I see

I'm specially happy from your impression of the game because my wife has really gotten into gaming during the last year, and that happened specially with RE7 and RE2R because she always love horror movies.

She never even liked videogames, so that was kinda 'my world' in our house since the beginning of our relationship, but this has changed, and she is maybe even more hyped than I am for this game. I'm looking forward to see her swearing at Nemesis like yours did haha

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
REmake 1 has cut content (not much but it´s there), changes (the caverns arguably make more sense in the original) and 180s in terms of characterization, lore, puzzles, enemy behavior, and so on. The game went from Giallo to Gothic Horror. That´s quite the leap. Aside from the additions of course.
But nah, let´s not acknowledge that. RE 1 also forms a cohesive whole in its map layout. Famously so. RE3... not so much.

Is REmake better than the 2 followups? Sure but that´s what happens if you get Mikami at the height of his power. Chad Shinji is interested in doing a new RE. Let the man at it Capcom!:

The Resident Evil Games Tier List Maker sans REmake 3 and Resistance:
Keep it ready for the review thread, I got mine. Only 3 made it to the S tier and 3 other to the A tier.

Last edited:

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So what i am interested in is what are these optional areas i heard of i heard some of it but how many are their?

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Question, has anyone played RE3R on Hardcore yet? Other than no ink ribbons, how comparable is it to RE2R? Haven't played a standard game of RE2R in almost a year, so I am thinking of diving into RE3R on Hardcore right away.

Apr 19, 2018
So what are all of Jill's additional costumes that we know of for certain?

Classic RE3 outfit, received If you pre-order the game:
classic-costume-pack.jpg

S.T.A.R.S outfit, unlocked in-game by completing the campaign/purchasing with coins:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge fan of the original. Does anyone have some bullet points with what was cut or altered? Like regarding the locations visited (restaurant, newspaper, warehouse, is Dario in?), the characters, the key moments?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
REmake 1 has cut content (not much but it´s there), changes (the caverns arguably make more sense in the original) and 180s in terms of characterization, lore, puzzles, enemy behavior, and so on. The game went from Giallo to Gothic Horror. That´s quite the leap. Aside from the additions of course.
But nah, let´s not acknowledge that. RE 1 also forms a cohesive whole in its map layout. Famously so. RE3... not so much.

Is REmake better than the 2 followups? Sure but that´s what happens if you get Mikami at the height of his power. Chad Shinji is interested in doing a new RE. Let the man at it Capcom!:

The Resident Evil Games Tier List Maker sans REmake 3 and Resistance:
Keep it ready for the review thread, I got mine. Only 3 made it to the S tier and 3 other to the A tier.
Where is RE4? Don't see an image.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Full entire play throughs of the game are already on youtube :'(

Meanwhile I can't even buy the game.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So since its out now just wanted to verify the whole optional area thing and if they are obvious or easily missable?

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand now why this game isn't called Nemesis. He isn't the star of the show like in the original game. This is the Jill Valentine show.

The only complaint I have is the omission of the Grave Digger. It's the missing piece of the puzzle.