• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a few shots of the area before the Clock Tower. I like the look of the place a lot.

vlcsnap-2020-03-22-06h20m03s113.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-22-06h20m41s201.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-22-06h21m39s999.png
If you were to tell me this was the Raccoon City Park, I'd believe you. If this is a new area, then I guess nothing of value was lost if the park is removed then

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The new and realistic looking "park" area is neat as the old one was mondo weird if you think about it. It was even another Spencer Mansion foyer homage!
Is this adjacent... thing referenced, as it may the most outlandish area in the pre-2004 games. Is this even planet earth, lol:
hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is the last time we see Brad alive when he stays behind in the bar? Does Nemesis not even kill him?

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Ok after seeing Jill's first encounter with Nemesis and with Brad, I'm tuning out. This is way too awesome to be spoiled for me.

Happy spoilers to everyone else though!

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
You see Brad later but it ain´t Nemi who gets him. REmake 3 does it better if you ask me. The full first hour. I hope you like seeing women vomit their soul out:

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Dogs confirmed btw.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You see Bard later but it ain´t Nemi who gets him. REmake 3 does it better if you ask me. The full first hour. I hope you like seeing women vomit their soul out:

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dogs confirmed btw.

Scrubbed through the video and couldn't see him, do you know when he shows up again? I'm not talking about Zombie Brad btw, I'm asking if we see Brad alive after you leave him in the bar.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Brad shows up later in the RPD with Carlos Scotia. The one I posted just above if from the google drive link that timed out for all of us. We can stop now. The extraction was successful.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
The new and realistic looking "park" area is neat as the old one was mondo weird if you think about it. It was even another Spencer Mansion foyer homage!
Is this adjacent... thing referenced, as it may the most outlandish area in the pre-2004 games. Is this even planet earth, lol:
hqdefault.jpg

it's what made the series

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
We have reached the park homage, it´s short:

YouTube

Why are people so obsessed with Samurai Edges all of a sudden? (Not necessarily here). Capcom cares so little about them that the wrong ones are in REmake 1.
If they don´t care about them then why should anyone? The police also stripped her of her service weapon, come on now. Jill is a disgraced lunatic at the start of REmake 3. Capcom, how did you end up with this fanbase?

Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the cutscene introducing drain deimos is grotesque. Thing straight up shoves a tentacle down Jill's throat.

So just to clarify, the next time we see Brad after the Bar is as a zombie, right?
Yes, he gets bit then shows up later at the RPD zombified. Nemesis plays no factor in his demise.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he gets bit then shows up later at the RPD zombified. Nemesis plays no factor in his demise.

That's trash. Wow I really hate that, can't believe the original does it better.

Edit: God I just can't get over how much worse this is. Brad's death is the most iconic in the series imo and not only is it not done by Nemesis but you don't even see it! Whoever wrote that failed miserably. This is by far the worst thing I've seen/heard so far. So gutted right now.

Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
You see Brad later but it ain´t Nemi who gets him. REmake 3 does it better if you ask me. The full first hour. I hope you like seeing women vomit their soul out:

YouTube

Dogs confirmed btw.

Fuck it, i'll watch them spoilers. That beginning tho, people who love highly cinematic games are in for a great ride.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Just watched the grave digger encounter on youtube - absolute garbage. Why would anyone want it in the remake.

You never played the game then? But just because you saw it on youtube you can think you can pass it judgmenet?

The gravedigger was a cool enemy that you meet more than once in the game and is something that helps build the fucked up state that Racconn City is and what the T-Virus is capable of. The boss fight is very standard for classic RE, it's definitely not below the average. Moreover, using the lamps to eletructue it was very cool back then. One of the things that made RE3 stand out is how you could use the enverinoment to your benefit.

More importantly, the job of a remake is to translate an old game to modern times and, when possible, improve on them. That's why REmake is prabably the best remake ever, it deliver both of this points. While REmake 2, and REmake 3 probably, fall short on the second one. Following your logic they should have cut a lot of content from RE1 that wasn't good or fun, but what they did was take the idea and make it work.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a better opening than the original. It sets the tone immediately and makes it personal. She still ends up at the warehouse, but the guy is hostile right away.

Last edited:

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
You never played the game then? But just because you saw it on youtube you can think you can pass it judgmenet?

The gravedigger was a cool enemy that you meet more than once in the game and is something that helps build the fucked up state that Racconn City is and what the T-Virus is capable of. The boss fight is very standard for classic RE, it's definitely not below the average. Moreover, using the lamps to eletructue it was very cool back then. One of the things that made RE3 stand out is how you could use the enverinoment to your benefit.

More importantly, the job of a remake is to translate an old game to modern times and, when possible, improve on them. That's why REmake is prabably the best remake ever, it deliver both of this points. While REmake 2, and REmake 3 probably, fall short on the second one. Following your logic they should have cut a lot of content from RE1 that wasn't good or fun, but what they did was take the idea and make it work.
I have beat RE3 (admittedly not that many times as it's one of my least favourite RE games) and I have no recollection of the gravedigger probably because it's terrible.

Obviously Capcom have ignored it in the remake for good reason. Also, there's not much in RE1 that isn't good or fun - the game is faaaar better than RE3.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
No way it scores that low. If history does repeat itself, it should be high 86-89 or something like that.

We had a firestorm of bad news with the leak and it sucks for RE3 fans, but not of it makes the game worse in itself. I still have hope of a 90+ score, but it will depends on how replayable it feels and how Resistence will affect the score. Unless the camapaign is truly extraordinary.
I think I have like a much different rating for games. To me anything like 75+ is a good solid game, and anything 85+ you hit great. Like RE2R IMO was around an 88 which was awesome and I love it. Just feel like this won't be as well received, but I've loved most of what I've seen/heard so far. Can't wait.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I have beat RE3 (admittedly not that many times as it's one of my least favourite RE games) and I have no recollection of the gravedigger probably because it's terrible.

Obviously Capcom have ignored it in the remake for good reason. Also, there's not much in RE1 that isn't good or fun - the game is faaaar better than RE3.

The neptume is far worse than the gravedigger. And no, there is no good justification to ignore it. The gravedigger is a meaningful part of RE3 and, although people that play RE3 offen suffer of memory loss, a lot of people remember it. Not having it is a shortcoming of the remake. Even if it's a bad meaningful part, which it isn't, it don't justify cutting it.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I think I have like a much different rating for games. To me anything like 75+ is a good solid game, and anything 85+ you hit great. Like RE2R IMO was around an 88 which was awesome and I live it. Just feel like this won't be as well received, but I've loved most of what I've seen/heard so far. Can't wait.

If you think RE2 is an 88 and RE3 should be an 78 than you are very off base. No way the difference between than is that large.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its changed up quite a bit. Essentially, the appartment that was a photo in the original is where the game starts. But you meet Carlos in the intro, while in the original you had the streets, police station and a few nemesis encounters before he would meet up.

It seems Nemesis is a nuisance in certain puzzle areas such as the demo area. You have to stall or evade him, and he apparently he doesn't enter puzzle rooms like the subway controls? This wasn't much different in the original, where he was pretty much an optional boss fight nearly every time. I prefer this to Mr.X, who walked through the entire station (until you did the statue puzzle) and there weren't evasive tools or space really.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the thread, just all the info i needed without the drama. Am going to avoid comments about the game on the internet because am 100% sure most of them are full of negativity and trolling, just like with every leaked game.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Judging by the name of the screenshots, he has an 8+ hour video he's watching of the game
EDIT: Actually that's just the time he took the screenshot
I found the source, its the same french forum. I dunno what everyone's on about this game looks amazing ha ha ha. Sure they've switched some stuff up but they've always been transparent about it.
The hospital is huge now.